Ryder Cup Contest - THP & KBS & Official 2012 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Proper etiquette says you concede.

My tought is that if he did do that then the Euros would have retained the cup and if on the off chance Tiger missed then the Euros would win the cup outright.

Great play by the Euros some of the US players filled the bed but they grounded out a great win. I love the fans all singing the same songs unreal love it. Great event.

I don't think he necessarily got out played, his partner might have. Outside of the first match, he was the best player in his pairings or on his own side.

Colsaerts outplayed him like I've never seen him outplayed, he played well but not well enough. The 2 ft putt at 18 today was his problem all weekend man, he just couldn't get anything to go in. I like the guy, but he needs to get his putter and swing back

Colsaerts outplayed him like I've never seen him outplayed, he played well but not well enough. The 2 ft putt at 18 today was his problem all weekend man, he just couldn't get anything to go in. I like the guy, but he needs to get his putter and swing back

Colsaerts was UNREAL. Amazing performance. I'm not a Tiger guy. I just don't think his record shows how he played or reflects it accurately.

Oh, he missed the 2 footer because he wanted to bury his putter in Molinari's face.

For anyone to blame this loss on Tiger and Stricker is insane

Maybe not for you. And yes he lost. Unfortunately this is a TEAM tournament. Some people forget this.

It IS a team tournament and he and his partner lost more matches than anyone........ They killed the TEAM!!

:stop:

It IS a team tournament and he and his partner lost more matches than anyone........ They killed the TEAM!!

:stop:

You aren't wrong dude. I just don't think it should be all on his shoulders, especially when his individual stats were overall good. That is all I'm saying.

The passion in this thread is amazing! Congrats to the guys that won it, it was one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen in golf.

Laughable. Just laughable.

:go:

You aren't wrong dude. I just don't think it should be all on his shoulders, especially when his individual stats were overall good. That is all I'm saying.

When it comes to Tiger everything is magnified. Right now the Tiger haters are having a field day. Anyone who watched the RC this weekend knows you're speaking the truth. He played well but had no help and ran up against some players that were on fire.

It was like the switch was thrown when Phil and Keegan were benched.. It is amazing how fast the tides changed!!

The passion in this thread is amazing! Congrats to the guys that won it, it was one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen in golf.

This passion just proves to me that this event IS the best and biggest in golf. You wouldn't see this in any major thread, methinks. Playing for team and country...for better or worse.

When it comes to Tiger everything is magnified. Right now the Tiger haters are having a field day. Anyone who watched the RC this weekend knows you're speaking the truth. He played well but had no help and ran up against some players that were on fire.

Yup. And all in all, alot of those Euros were on fire today when it mattered most.

It was like the switch was thrown when Phil and Keegan were benched.. It is amazing how fast the tides changed!!

You are exactly right bro. I feel the same way. Ride the hot hand (or putters). I didn't agree with these moves at all.

Or because he missed a 2 footer in front of the world lol.

I don't think he cared about that putt at all. And why should he have? It was irrelevant.

This passion just proves to me that this event IS the best and biggest in golf. You wouldn't see this in any major thread, methinks. Playing for team and country...for better or worse.

I totally agree. This is the biggest event in golf by far! JMHO..

Dude, they interviewed DL III yesterday and he said Phil asked to be benched, he didn't want to use all his energy in the team events when he knew he was going to have a tough match today. Can't blame DL III for the shift in momentum.

Dude, they interviewed DL III yesterday and he said Phil asked to be benched, he didn't want to use all his energy in the team events when he knew he was going to have a tough match today. Can't blame DL III for the shift in momentum.

This one is tough, but I don't think you can leave points on the board. When you have a buzz saw, I think you use it. Maybe not, but.....

Dude,,,,,, I will bet Phil took the high road to protect DL III. I strongly feel he had to bench them because he benched Woods and Stricker.. No one wants to sit when they are on a roll!! No one......

I hear you man, but we were winning 10 to 6 this morning lol. we needed 4 1/2 points lol we had the momentum..

I heard somewhere that the record in the singles of people who have played all four foursome and four ball matches is not great, and that's why the captains may have rested some of the stars on Saturday.

You don't need to see a leaderboard or a recap or anything to know who won, turn on the closing ceremony and the entire European team is smiling and stomping their feet to the beat of the song being played. Having fun and bobbing their heads along with the music. The American side look like they're sitting at a funeral. I'm about to cry.

This one is tough, but I don't think you can leave points on the board. When you have a buzz saw, I think you use it. Maybe not, but.....

Exactly! This will be a fun week on the Golf Channel....

Back