Ryder Cup Contest - THP & KBS & Official 2012 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

usually I blame stewart cink. But I can't this time around. It's funny that Furyk isn't clutch, and Phil had the same collapse today. Oh well. I feel bad for DL3.

Obama said he blames Bush...

(couldn't help myself lol)

Funny tweet about Molinari vs. Tiger:
"@ArronOberholser If Molinari's contract is up with Nike he'd better start looking for a new manufacturer. He should have gone good/good with the big cat"

I think we need to recruit in Freddy Couples as the next captain and get some of that young blood in there.

Ok so ESPN has a poll...48% of people think Tiger deserves the most blame for the US loss...wth?

Those people who think he deserves the most blame probably didn't watch the RC and just looked at his record. Put him with any other American Friday or Saturday and he isn't blanked.

I'm not sure I can't say he isn't clutch, pretty sure no one here has experienced a sliver of that kind of pressure golfing before
I remember him making a 10 million? dollar putt not so long ago. He's just having a bad year.

Justin Rose dumped a bomb on 17. And clutched it on 18. Lefty did hit a poor shot in on 18. But damn talk about taking the wind out of your sails on 17

Agreed dude. Rose was lights out those last few holes. But you HAVE to manage .5 a point there.

Funny tweet about Molinari vs. Tiger:
"@ArronOberholser If Molinari's contract is up with Nike he'd better start looking for a new manufacturer. He should have gone good/good with the big cat"

That is hilarious, and probably true. Seemed everyone (including the Euro's) except Molinari wanted to do good, good.

This is what I was saying. Those people either didn't watch, are just looking at his record, or are just idiots. And I don't like Tiger.

Yep. The US didn't lose because of Tiger. If you watched him play this weekend, there is no way you could say that.

Yep. The US didn't lose because of Tiger. If you watched him play this weekend, there is no way you could say that.

Exactly. I felt like he was responsible for losing 1 point. Nothing more.

At the end of the day, the Euro's played brilliant golf. Their putts dropped when ours lipped out, their approach shots held while ours released. Incredibly Great golf was played by both sides and in the end the Europeans played some of the best golf I've ever seen under that kind of pressure. No one's to blame, sometimes you play well and just don't score or win. I think DL III played good defense, he knew Tiger and Stricker weren't playing well and paired them acccordingly, would you expect Sergio to take Furyk? I sure didn't, but they played a noble game today, both sides and the Euros earned the respect of the world.

That is hilarious, and probably true. Seemed everyone (including the Euro's) except Molinari wanted to do good, good.

Proper etiquette says you concede.

Agreed dude. Rose was lights out those last few holes. But you HAVE to manage .5 a point there.

Absolutely. There where a bunch of shots by the Americans today that seemed like the American team had it in their minds they had already won it. Prior,to the first ball was in play. Didn't seem to go for the juggler at any time.

For those who feel Woods was clutch and played well,,Last I checked he lost! Those who beat him played well and were clutch.. I'm not sure how else to look at it........

At the end of the day, the Euro's played brilliant golf. Their putts dropped when ours lipped out, their approach shots held while ours released. Icredibly Great golf was played by both sides and in the end the Europeans played some of the best golf I've ever seen under that knid of pressure. No one's to blame, sometimes you play well and just don't score or win. I think DL III played good defense, he knew Tiger and Stricker weren't playing well and paired them acccordingly, would you expect Sergio to take Furyk? I sure didn't, but they played a noble game today, both sides and the Euros earned the respect of the world.

The Europeans played great today. I think they took advantage of some favorable match-ups for them.

I wasn't surprised by Sergio winning, knowing his track record in the Ryder Cup.

For those who feel Woods was clutch and played well,,Last I checked he lost! Those who beat him played well and were clutch.. I'm not sure how else to look at it........

Um... his birdie percentage was almost 34%..... pretty sure that is great golf.

The Europeans played great today. I think they took advantage of some favorable match-ups for them.

I wasn't surprised by Sergio winning, knowing his track record in the Ryder Cup.

They played well.. THEY were clutch!

Yes, those who played him played well. Tiger did not have much to any help from Stricker.

Kind of hard to base Tiger's performance solely on record. He did play 3 sessions where it was 2 vs. 1

He played some really good golf, I agree, he just got outplayed.

I don't think he necessarily got out played, his partner might have. Outside of the first match, he was the best player in his pairings or on his own side.

HE LOST!!!! He got out played! He did not win his matches!! There is nothing else to say!!:banghead:

Maybe not for you. And yes he lost. Unfortunately this is a TEAM tournament. Some people forget this.

HE LOST!!!! He got out played! He did not win his matches!! There is nothing else to say!!:banghead:

But then again, could ANYONE have beaten Colsaerts the way he was playing on Friday?

Hi Mr. Obvious! Nobody said he was clutch except you. He lost but unlike a few posters some think he didn't play badly.

Back