THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Shaft flex helps tempo? New to me dude
Didn't say shaft flex helps tempo ... rather tempo dictates shaft flex.

On the Shaft Fit site, the only thing I changed was my "average swing tempo" information, and dropping it from fast to deliberate put me from a stiff into regular. *shrug*

ETA: I see where the confusion is coming from. I personally, am trying to be more deliberate in my down swing, hence the regular flex shaft would be the best fit for me if I accomplish such. I'm not getting the regular flex to do the work for me.

I will be putting a HZRDUS black in play this season. Such solid offerings from the wood shafts down to the irons and wedges

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree, the HZRDUS just may kick Mitsubishi out of my bag this year. That would be 100% True Temper in the bag from driver to putter.

For me the stiffer the shaft feels in my hands the harder I swing. Everyone should always play the flex that gives them the best feel and dispersion sometimes no rhyme or reason to it. I have seen super slow swingers with x and hard swingers with regular and they can both work all depends on the player.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For me the stiffer the shaft feels in my hands the harder I swing. Everyone should always play the flex that gives them the best feel and dispersion sometimes no rhyme or reason to it. I have seen super slow swingers with x and hard swingers with regular and they can both work all depends on the player.
My D200 hybrid has a Chrome Elements A flex shaft in it (because I'm a cheap bastage and was able to grab the club for $25 as opposed to $100+ for the R flex). I'm afraid to replace the shaft because the pairing seems to work so well, so I've slowed down my tempo when swinging this club and it goes high and straight and pretty darn long. Very reliable club, so I'm not letting the A flex shaft freak me out.

I suppose I could replace it with a Matrix Ozik Altus 5.5 which is the shaft in my 5 and 6 hybrids (or ... a Grafalloy hybrid shaft), but since it's working right now ... why change?

Last edited:

I would think he referenced it by saying that he was working on slowing down and regular flex would him to remember to slow down.

Tempo is something I really need to work on, it's probably my number 1 fault. I get too quick with my swing as the round progresses.

When I work on tempo (and I don't do it a ton - never twice in one week), I take a full swing, but only at about 1/2 or 3/4 speed. It's not easy to be accurate at all, but the drill really helps me slow down and get my swing back under control. Whenever I feel like I'm overswinging or rushing, it's my go to drill.

I think the DMV team needs a motto / battle cry like "The south will fall......again!!!" Let the retorts begin!!!

This is going to be fun guys, remember to enjoy it!!!

I propose for the Carolina's team something classy...like "Look at our trophy!!!"

Thoughts?

I propose for the Carolina's team something classy...like "Look at our trophy!!!"

Thoughts?

A small amendment:

"Look at our trophy - it's almost as nice as the winners' !!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the DMV team needs a motto / battle cry like "The south will fall......again!!!" Let the retorts begin!!!

This is going to be fun guys, remember to enjoy it!!!

While I think a motto or battle cry would be great, I cannot endorse the suggested one. While I am not on the team, I am represented by the team and I am a "good ole Southern boy". As a native Virginian let me assure you that Virginia is not a Yankee state. May I suggest something like "Lets cook some Carolina Barbeque". Some of them actually think that pouring some sauce over a hunk of meet is actually Barbeque. Barbeque is something you cook in a pit, no sauce needed, ya just cook it properly.

DMV'ers .....#OWN125! OWN IT
Oh I own that yardage. Give me my favorite wedge in my hand and I can be deadly. It will be even better come RR time as I am going to be practicing intently on just the short game 2 - 3 days a week. Bring on the challenge.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

While I think a motto or battle cry would be great, I cannot endorse the suggested one. While I am not on the team, I am represented by the team and I am a "good ole Southern boy". As a native Virginian let me assure you that Virginia is not a Yankee state. May I suggest something like "Lets cook some Carolina Barbeque". Some of them actually think that pouring some sauce over a hunk of meet is actually Barbeque. Barbeque is something you cook in a pit, no sauce needed, ya just cook it properly.

My deepest apologies, Sir!! I like your suggestion!!

DMV'ers .....#OWN125! OWN IT

125 and in is where I spend most of my practice time. So many strokes can be lost in that range, especially on the green. That's where the majority of my practice has been over the last few months.

This "vile southerner" already has that weapon in his bag. Prepare to be countered!

Oh crap... Lightningbolt, don't let him in. :D

ha, that thread is amazing. enjoy it, dude! (it won't help in July though :bashful:)

You just be certain to wear your Kentwool socks from this coming weekend so you can be twice defeeted.

See what I did there? Defeeted. Woo! I'm on a roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an M2 test driver on the way and I'm in already....

Yes, but do you have a hat that says KING on it?

I know we'll be getting RR hats...but I can still use it for intimidation.

125 yards and in is a critical yardage (Par and Birdie territory) that everyone needs to be ready for! Our Captain is spot on in this call, IMHO!!! I'll be as ready as I can, whatever that means!!

Yes, but do you have a hat that says KING on it?

I know we'll be getting RR hats...but I can still use it for intimidation.

No I don't..... Damn!

Back