Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Well carp. In chrome it still shows the C. Kuas... Works fine in FF though. Thanks!

Im seeing it in Chrome. Cool to finally see some specs now.

Im seeing it in Chrome. Cool to finally see some specs now.

Had to clear my history. It's working now though. It is cool to see the specs. I'm leaning towards 5S if I go down this road... We'll see what the testing shows though.

Had to clear my history. It's working now though. It is cool to see the specs. I'm leaning towards 5S if I go down this road... We'll see what the testing shows though.
yeah I like what I see from the 5S. I think it will match my swing and what Ive been hitting.

Everyone has done a good job with their bio's so far. Perhaps one of the most attractive shafts I've ever seen. I think it's one of those things where when you truly love what you see, coupled with the tech packed into it, great results tend to follow.

I bet you dudes are giddy to start receiving these shafts.

i want a 7S bad! really looking forward to the reviews.

OK then, I honestly wanted to let it all sink in last night before I tried to put anything in to words. Had some good conversation with JB, JRod, and TBT about it though and that certainly helped. I'm not doing anything formal with this, that's not my place in this one, I do have some thoughts on the 4X though.

1) 15-19 grams is a LOT. Coming from a 6M3 that was 64g and an Oban Devo that was 68g most recently, to say I could feel the difference was an understatement. The thing is, it actually let me feel where the head was a LOT more than before. I like that fact.

2) I gamed the C.Kua 39 and 43 in a driver for a while when they first came out, they were noodle like to me even in X. There is NOT comparison there with the 4X B.Asha and the C.Kua 39/43. Even at 49g this thing is stable.

3) Lighter does NOT mean weaker. Even I struggled with that coming in to this going to the 4-series B.Asha. That thought was in my head, I thought "Well, its lighter and only has a 4 in the tip, plus it says its a mid-high launch". Don't think like that, just don't do it. This is an X flex shaft, it is ALL there. It may have a softer tip section but the stiffness of the butt section IMO is going to demand an aggressive move/transition from the top and if you aren't prepared for that or don't have that in your swing you may not have a great experience. I do think some of our "big hitters" could MURDER with this shaft, get over the weight, it holds up beautifully. Just my opinion of course, but one that needs to be kept in mind.

4) "Mid-High" is deceiving. Yes, I hit it higher than my 6M3, but it was lower than the Kusala Black I played for the longest time. Not a ton mind you, but it was lower. Now, for me, this was fine and I loved the flight I saw, it just goes and climbs for me, I do think my transition has a lot to do with it too though. This launched equal to most of the low-launch shafts I've ever hit/played...and I've played a ton. Honestly, I know I can play this shaft and play it well IMO, but I think a 5S might have been even better for me in all honesty...and honesty is what this is all about.

5) It was a great day. I come back to STABLE again like so many of us raved about in Des Moines. I swung smooth and hit it well. I "got after" it and hit it well also. Excluding swing faults on a couple holes (lifting WAY up and out mid swing) I really liked what I saw, and yes, I did see a slight increase on my averages according to what I recorded with my GPS.

Nothing groundbreaking I know, but some things to think about for sure. I'll get to get out all day Wed/Thu/Fri next week thanks to fall break and I honestly can't wait.

Not overflexed at all for me and the way I swing, I just think I could also have alot of success with the 5S too. Plus I just really want to get across for people to not think just because its a 49g shaft that its going to play softer, not the case at all.

Great feel through the swing for me buddy, I really really enjoyed it. Just like I did the 5X.

Jman, these are some findings that have me very excited. I'm still getting used to the IFC and the numbers have been making me over think. I really like how you are saying the 4x is a real x flex. While I won't be getting a shaft until the spring, right now the 4s is the top one on my list and hearing you talk about how these seem to play true to flex is really encouraging. I'm really hoping that the others feel the same way, that these shafts are stout and play true to flex. Just curious, what's your SS Jman? I know SS isn't everything but I'm just trying to get some comparison to my own swing. Thanks again for the write up!

OK then, I honestly wanted to let it all sink in last night before I tried to put anything in to words. Had some good conversation with JB, JRod, and TBT about it though and that certainly helped. I'm not doing anything formal with this, that's not my place in this one, I do have some thoughts on the 4X though.

1) 15-19 grams is a LOT. Coming from a 6M3 that was 64g and an Oban Devo that was 68g most recently, to say I could feel the difference was an understatement. The thing is, it actually let me feel where the head was a LOT more than before. I like that fact.

2) I gamed the C.Kua 39 and 43 in a driver for a while when they first came out, they were noodle like to me even in X. There is NOT comparison there with the 4X B.Asha and the C.Kua 39/43. Even at 49g this thing is stable.

3) Lighter does NOT mean weaker. Even I struggled with that coming in to this going to the 4-series B.Asha. That thought was in my head, I thought "Well, its lighter and only has a 4 in the tip, plus it says its a mid-high launch". Don't think like that, just don't do it. This is an X flex shaft, it is ALL there. It may have a softer tip section but the stiffness of the butt section IMO is going to demand an aggressive move/transition from the top and if you aren't prepared for that or don't have that in your swing you may not have a great experience. I do think some of our "big hitters" could MURDER with this shaft, get over the weight, it holds up beautifully. Just my opinion of course, but one that needs to be kept in mind.

4) "Mid-High" is deceiving. Yes, I hit it higher than my 6M3, but it was lower than the Kusala Black I played for the longest time. Not a ton mind you, but it was lower. Now, for me, this was fine and I loved the flight I saw, it just goes and climbs for me, I do think my transition has a lot to do with it too though. This launched equal to most of the low-launch shafts I've ever hit/played...and I've played a ton. Honestly, I know I can play this shaft and play it well IMO, but I think a 5S might have been even better for me in all honesty...and honesty is what this is all about.

5) It was a great day. I come back to STABLE again like so many of us raved about in Des Moines. I swung smooth and hit it well. I "got after" it and hit it well also. Excluding swing faults on a couple holes (lifting WAY up and out mid swing) I really liked what I saw, and yes, I did see a slight increase on my averages according to what I recorded with my GPS.

Nothing groundbreaking I know, but some things to think about for sure. I'll get to get out all day Wed/Thu/Fri next week thanks to fall break and I honestly can't wait.

Good first thoughts bro....I really like that fact that you can "feel" the head of the club through the whole swing now...to me that's a HUGE PLUS. I really want to hit this thing in the 5s or even the 4s and see how it reacts....I hit the 5X well in Iowa...but I did feel like I had to get a little more aggressive in my transition in order to fully load the shaft.

MAJOR piece of the puzzle acquired! Second Classic 310 headed my way.

I can't wait to see the variable between the Kusala Black 61x and the B.Asha 5x.

I can't wait to see the variable between the Kusala Black 61x and the B.Asha 5x.

You gonna get on a monitor?

That's so sick dude, going to be an awesome comparison. Can't wait to hear your feedback!

You gonna get on a monitor?

We can get on the one at galaxy for free if we go on a Saturday, the eric dude that's the manager there loves me, won't charge

We can get on the one at galaxy for free if we go on a Saturday, the eric dude that's the manager there loves me, won't charge

Seriously?! Fantastic!! We will need to discuss this in full very soon.

i am thrilled for you and excited to see the results. I was comparing the specs between the B Asha and Kusala black this afternoon. Interesting that the 5 and 7 series have a stiffer tip than the Kusala black. Very interested in the results of your testing.

i am thrilled for you and excited to see the results. I was comparing the specs between the B Asha and Kusala black this afternoon. Interesting that the 5 and 7 series have a stiffer tip than the Kusala black. Very interested in the results of your testing.

Thanks!! I think you might have that one backwards though. The B.Asha 5x that I'll be testing is 7785 and the Kusala 61x is 5689. Very much stiffer in the tip section in the Kusala, but a bit more stable in the center of the shaft in the B.Asha. In any case, I have a few bold pre-comparison predictions but I'll roll them out after I've got a full report to share.

Lots of wonderful information so far. Some great comparisons to other shafts. Out of curiosity, have any of you played the kusala blue that could compare what you're seeing with the B.Asha with it? Seen a lot of talk on the blacks, but just curious how these compare to the blues. Keep up the great work guys!

oh man, I'm seriously excited for this testing thread - I already have questions brewing in my head.

My goodness! Just got caught up and I am loving this thread. Jman, Wes, Dan, caddie all with great thoughts so far. I love my C Kua and Kusala shafts, and the B Asha may be next for me. would love to throw one in my Classic.

My goodness! Just got caught up and I am loving this thread. Jman, Wes, Dan, caddie all with great thoughts so far. I love my C Kua and Kusala shafts, and the B Asha may be next for me. would love to throw one in my Classic.

I am with you TJ. These sound very intriguing for sure! Keep all of the great reviews coming.

So jealous of you guys that get to test this shaft. Looking forward to your thoughts and giving this a go in Ohio in a week!

This shaft has got my interest. I wish I knew what I needed out of a shaft in terms of the international flex code

Sounds good
I need to lock down a monitor to get on, but I have every intentions of making that happen during this testing.
yea bro it sounds like 'king chutt' has a spot for you. I'm interested in the numbers.

This shaft has got my interest. I wish I knew what I needed out of a shaft in terms of the international flex code
I understand the IFC is a Miyazaki thing but hitting them will take care of which is best. I'm not say disregard but if they code wasn't there, swinging would still be the standard. With this shaft I honestly think its the only way to know for sure unless you take someone else's word. The shaft is that unique.

I understand the IFC is a Miyazaki thing but hitting them will take care of which is best. I'm not say disregard but if they code wasn't there, swinging would still be the standard. With this shaft I honestly think its the only way to know for sure unless you take someone else's word. The shaft is that unique.

I agree with Freddie here. After hitting the Blue and the white, it was pretty apparent which shaft would be best for me. Thats what makes THP events so great, anyone can hit them all in one spot, free.

Back