THP Tour Van Event - OHIO

Id be interested to see how this turns out

me too, its my first attempt at it. I usually use my phone to get me from where ever I end up but this doesn't help me from the tee box or judging carry on hazards. I am also gonna do this for the courses I am playing tuesday and friday

A shame we can't find a skyline with a private room, tvs and alcohol, jb would be in heaven
Hmmm....a group of guys in a long RV ride back home after a weekend of eating chili. We might need to rethink this idea.

Hmmm....a group of guys in a long RV ride back home after a weekend of eating chili. We might need to rethink this idea.

Sounds like a great idea....to me

Unfortunately I don't think such skyline exists

wish this was closer or i didnt have to work i would be there.

I just enjoyed a nice cold, windy round of golf and it got me more excited for this! Hopefully its warmer than 55 for the rounds though!

Checking out PipeStone and it looks like a beautiful course. #2 looks like it may a real mofo. From the blues, 506 yards (533 Gold), pond running the entire length of the hole on the left side, two small water hazards on the right size, fairway slopes "severely" towards the pond on the left side. Already thinking of a strategy. LOL.

Checking out PipeStone and it looks like a beautiful course. #2 looks like it may a real mofo. From the blues, 506 yards (533 Gold), pond running the entire length of the hole on the left side, two small water hazards on the right size, fairway slopes "severely" towards the pond on the left side. Already thinking of a strategy. LOL.

Severely is a pretty good way of describing it.. The fact that it doglegs towards the water makes everything worse as the big bombers will probably be able to hit it through the fairway if they try to play it safe.

Its a mofo, hit it right up into the trees and hope for the best

I might just Heavy 5 Wood off the tee on #2, then off the deck then hole out for eagle, sounds like a good strategy lol.

The course definitely looks fun and challenging, cant wait to give it my best shot, its going to be fun either way!

Watch out for #3 green as well.. Pretty textbook drive up the hill, but miss on the wrong side of the green and you're putting up and down, back up, and back down again!!

It gave me fits the last time I played it!

I plan on setting the course record. I'll need witnesses.

Severely is a pretty good way of describing it.. The fact that it doglegs towards the water makes everything worse as the big bombers will probably be able to hit it through the fairway if they try to play it safe.

Depending on how I am hitting the big sticks on the range, it may be two 5 irons and a SW in for me. LOL.

Depending on how I am hitting the big sticks on the range, it may be two 5 irons and a SW in for me. LOL.

Just be careful man.. Short and right is a ditch-like area... Not a good option!!!!

I just hope I don't have the driver yips that weekend. This course sounds pretty tough.

I just hope I don't have the driver yips that weekend. This course sounds pretty tough.

It depends on the hole buddy.. Lots of holes you can miss on both sides, and even more you can miss on at least one side..

One of the things I noticed a lot of, was the freedom to miss short. Where a lot of courses guard their greens in front, I think Pipestone did a very good job of allowing all types of players to enjoy it.

It is a pretty tough course and some of the greens depending on pin location could wreak havoc on you.

So the challenge is too shoot better on sunday since it will be most of ours second look at the course.

I will get to work on the yardage book tomorrow.

It's a great little course. I loved it the last time we played. Challenging and tight!

Two looks hilariously menacing on the overview..

course-map.gif

Back