I just use a q-tip and run it over the spot I want to clear of paint and sice it's a gel based stripper and runs into the stamping and works it's magic.

Go to Advance Auto Parts or Autozone and ask about tal-strip. Make sure to get some Nitrile gloves since if this stuff touches your skin it's worse than battery acid. And do this is in a well ventilated area. I just do it outside and wear gloves and I'm fine.

what about falk (hardware store)? it's like 3 minutes away from my house and the nearest autozone is like 20 mins away, and idk where any advance is..

They should have a stripper there. Make sure it's gel based though

where could i get a stripper than would fit into such a little slot.?
I got some pick tools from the hardware store. They sort of look like the scrapers that a dentist uses. It was very easy to get the paint out with it. Just have to be careful not to scratch outside of the area that is to be painted.

I got some pick tools from the hardware store. They sort of look like the scrapers that a dentist uses. It was very easy to get the paint out with it. Just have to be careful not to scratch outside of the area that is to be painted.

went and got one of these, straighter on one end, bent on the other. took some elbow grease, but it's working :)

Taking a page from the NFL...In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month(and to honor my M.I.L. who's a survivor) the Scotty got a new look
putter_zpsc001f9ab.jpg

putter2_zps27273a6a.jpg

Couldn't find the pink in the Testors brand so settled for the Pink Fine tip oil based Sharpie paint pen, and white Testors paint(my first go round with Testors)

Taking a page from the NFL...In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month the Scotty got a new look
putter_zpsc001f9ab.jpg

putter2_zps27273a6a.jpg

Very nice! Now that my golf season is over I might switch my school colors on my anser to pink as well

read this and had to run get some pait and nail polish remover. done got my putter done i now have the sweetest looking rossa around lol. had to try it on my x speed also mizuno mp32s will soon be done also.

read this and had to run get some pait and nail polish remover. done got my putter done i now have the sweetest looking rossa around lol. had to try it on my x speed also mizuno mp32s will soon be done also.

got any pictures? I'd love to see how it turned out

trying to upload a pic how do i do that without a third party host.

trying to upload a pic how do i do that without a third party host.

I'm not sure it's way easier by just making an account a photo bucket or flickr, they're free

before putter face.jpgafter putter face.jpgbottom after putter.jpgbottom before putter.jpgdriver after.jpg

got em up dont know y they dont just show like every one elses tho. driver isnt finished yet and the putter face needed to be smoothed out a lil.

no the face insert on that one is machined aluminum i think sry its titallium what ever that is. the finish on it is put opn kinda like chrome i would assume. you would have to scratch it off somehow if that would even remove it.

Base coat of silver and top coat of clear red. Also, it is mostly cleaned up here, but needs some finishing touches.

20121009_203930.jpg

posting from my S3 so please excuse my spelling mistakles.

That looks righteous bro, nicely done!
Base coat of silver and top coat of clear red.

20121009_203930.jpg

now that is sharp nice job

finally finished my first paint-fill project! too lazy to post them onto photobucket right now (might later) but i did my vokey's pink (the # and the lines next to the BV), my RAC pink (#, TM logo, and RAC logo), my irons light blue (just the #'s) and i did all of my dads irons pink (just the #'s) 'cause he can't see the original black very well. if i would've known the red was going to turn out pink, i would've used the orange on his... oh well, either way, it turned out pretty dang well for being my first time. i got a chip of paint on my eye and splashed acetone all over my body, but i think i'm still alive, so that's a plus. big thx to Uriel (Satchmo) for giving me basically step-by-step instructions on how to sweeten my sticks :)

finally finished my first paint-fill project! too lazy to post them onto photobucket right now (might later) but i did my vokey's pink (the # and the lines next to the BV), my RAC pink (#, TM logo, and RAC logo), my irons light blue (just the #'s) and i did all of my dads irons pink (just the #'s) 'cause he can't see the original black very well. if i would've known the red was going to turn out pink, i would've used the orange on his... oh well, either way, it turned out pretty dang well for being my first time. i got a chip of paint on my eye and splashed acetone all over my body, but i think i'm still alive, so that's a plus. big thx to Uriel (Satchmo) for giving me basically step-by-step instructions on how to sweeten my sticks :)

Can't wait to see them man! That's crazy, glad it wasn't the other way around lol acetone would have made you blind !! Can't wait to see how everything turned out

Seth it matches your crocs! :alien:

Base coat of silver and top coat of clear red. Also, it is mostly cleaned up here, but needs some finishing touches.

20121009_203930.jpg

Nice dude. It matches your shoes!

well just got done doing all the paint on my scotty newport 2.6 4hrs later im done with all the painting now to let it dry nice and good before removing the uh ohs. Spilled some acetone on myself and some white paint on the lenoleum floor but that wipes up haha. Did it in red white and blue except for the aiming line i did that in a gloss black i think it looks pretty cool ill try and post pics when its all cleaned up

Uriel will flip over the colors, look forward to seeing your work!

Back