Mizuno Impermalite

Buckeye

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for new raingear. Have some really old gore tex stuff but looking for lighter. Need it for a trip to Scotland but also to wear in Virginia. Anyone try the Mizuno gear? I like the cut and comfort of Zero also.

I have a couple of pieces of Mizuno rain gear. Its decent. Not my favorite, not my least favorite.

The Sunice stuff is very nice.

I have a couple of pieces of Mizuno rain gear. Its decent. Not my favorite, not my least favorite.
Anything particular you didn't like....weight, fit...etc?

Anything particular you didn't like....weight, fit...etc?

One of mine allows a bit of water through the zipper, so its more of a coat for me. The other is fine, I just think that others are better for me.
Cross is the best I have used to date.
Zero Restriction would probably be second, followed by Sunice and a few others like Nike.

Cross would be decent if their sizing actually made sense. Its smaller smaller smallest.

if you can afford zero restriction its some of the best i've ever used.

For Scotland then Galvin Green! Buy it over here and save yourself a fortune. If not to your liking then adidas ClimaProof Storm or Nike StormFit will see you through.

mind you we haven't had any rain here for about 6 weeks, as you will see from Muirfield

I have a Mizuno impermalite jacket and I really like it. It has removeable sleeves which is perfect for the South Florida downpours where it soaks and then steams. Its a great jacket for warm weather and totally waterproof with the sleeves on, zippered, and buttoned all the way.

I have a Mizuno impermalite jacket and I really like it. It has removeable sleeves which is perfect for the South Florida downpours where it soaks and then steams. Its a great jacket for warm weather and totally waterproof with the sleeves on, zippered, and buttoned all the way.
Which jacket do you have with the removable sleeves? I saw a Geo model but that seems like it is no longer offered. I'd like to have that option also. The Mizuno seems a little lighter than Gore Tex.

Which jacket do you have with the removable sleeves? I saw a Geo model but that seems like it is no longer offered. I'd like to have that option also. The Mizuno seems a little lighter than Gore Tex.

I'd have to look to find the exact model, its about two years old. Will report back.

Back