Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
After an ugly sim round yesterday, went to the range to see what actual ball flight was. It was no bueno. Don't know what the heck is going on, but it isn't good. Lots of shots way right from target line, anything longer than a 7-iron felt like hitting a golf ball sized chunk of tool steel. Ugh.

But, to not be a complete downer, I did hit my SW and PW a bunch, and really dialed in some nice pin-seekers (by which, I mean within a 15' radius of the flag.

So, all I need to do is play nothing but executive courses and I'll be golden.

Just got back from 9 holes,and guess what!Shot a 44 on he senior tees regulation course.One better than bogey,and a few holes that could have been pars.If I had time might've delved into an under 90 round.So many positives and very little negatives.Cant believe I shot this today

Just got back from 9 holes,and guess what!Shot a 44 on he senior tees regulation course.One better than bogey,and a few holes that could have been pars.If I had time might've delved into an under 90 round.So many positives and very little negatives.Cant believe I shot this today
Great job! That's what grinding through the tough spots will get you!

After an ugly sim round yesterday, went to the range to see what actual ball flight was. It was no bueno. Don't know what the heck is going on, but it isn't good. Lots of shots way right from target line, anything longer than a 7-iron felt like hitting a golf ball sized chunk of tool steel. Ugh.

But, to not be a complete downer, I did hit my SW and PW a bunch, and really dialed in some nice pin-seekers (by which, I mean within a 15' radius of the flag.

So, all I need to do is play nothing but executive courses and I'll be golden.

Starting right and staying right, starting straight and slicing or starting right and slicing farther right?

Grrr ...

The most frustrating round of golf I played in a long time. 51/50 with three penalties (3 balls lost, plugged in the soaking wet fairways and unfindable). Lone bright spot was 13/14 FIR, pulled the next to last drive 5 yards off the fairway. Was tyring out the Cobra F6 with a Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue (2015 model) shaft. I was right around 210-220 with every drive too, so yay! 37 putts, poopy on that. I just couldn't get a read on the greens today and pushed several shots well past the hole making the comeback difficult. Led to four three putts. Slight offset with a three one putts.

I would bet my life that if I played anywhere else... anywhere dry, I break 100. Alas, I didn't so I didn't. Wow, I'm annoyed. LOL. Probably not fair to blame the course, even though it was water logged. I simply failed to adjust properly to course conditions.

Short game and iron striking lesson next week instead. Got to settle on a putter and start practicing in earnest with it too.

Starting right and staying right, starting straight and slicing or starting right and slicing farther right?
Mostly a right start and small fade.

Grrr ...

The most frustrating round of golf I played in a long time. 51/50 with three penalties (3 balls lost, plugged in the soaking wet fairways and unfindable). Lone bright spot was 13/14 FIR, pulled the next to last drive 5 yards off the fairway. Was tyring out the Cobra F6 with a Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue (2015 model) shaft. I was right around 210-220 with every drive too, so yay! 37 putts, poopy on that. I just couldn't get a read on the greens today and pushed several shots well past the hole making the comeback difficult. Led to four three putts. Slight offset with a three one putts.

I would bet my life that if I played anywhere else... anywhere dry, I break 100. Alas, I didn't so I didn't. Wow, I'm annoyed. LOL. Probably not fair to blame the course, even though it was water logged. I simply failed to adjust properly to course conditions.

Short game and iron striking lesson next week instead. Got to settle on a putter and start practicing in earnest with it too.
I thought you were really digging the TM Daytona?

I thought you were really digging the TM Daytona?

I am. I couldn't read the greens at all yesterday. Not sure why, maybe the horrible weather lately, but they were running inconsistent. I need more practice too...

Was really frustrated yesterday, I was just giving it notice. LOL. I do have several putters that fit my style though ...

One bad day won't swear me off this setup. It's worked well before, it will again. Almost always the indian, not the arrow.

Mostly a right start and small fade.
Might try making your grip just a touch stronger. If you start getting straight pulls it is an over the top issue if it starts straight and doesn't go right you are on to something.

Might try making your grip just a touch stronger. If you start getting straight pulls it is an over the top issue if it starts straight and doesn't go right you are on to something.
Noted, and will investigate at next range session.

We will have to play a round once golf now actually starts putting up tee times again.

As we swing into sprintg, I always have vacation time I need to burn, so I'll check out the leftover time and maybe we can schedule a Friday round or two.

Just thought I'd post a new personal event: I got my first birdie on a par 5 yesterday. 3 decent shots and a nice putt.

Just thought I'd post a new personal event: I got my first birdie on a par 5 yesterday. 3 decent shots and a nice putt.

Very nice! My first birdie was also on a par 5.

Mine was on a Par 3, #17 George Fazio Course, Hilton Head SC. Pulled my iron shot which sat me about 20 yards left of the green under some tree cover. Was an uphill shot and managed to chip it in. Was in a round the day after my first THP event. Lightningbolt44 was there, though I think he was headed to his ball and didn't see the actual shot.

course-map-fazio-17.jpg

That sir, is excellent news! Congratulations and may many more birdies come your way!

Let me clarify a smidge: I have gotten birdies before, but this is the first one ever on a par 5. I still appreciate all the well-wishes.

Thats awesome Hamfist. Such a great feeling to string things like that together.

JB, it did take the sting out of the 2 9's I carded. A little.

Nice, where did you end up golfing yesterday?

Nice hit me up next time you are going to Big Met. I live like 2 minutes away.

Awesome! Funny story, my wife birdied her first hole the 2nd time she ever played. Then she stopped playing because she couldn't play with me lol. Cheers to the next birdie, and the first eagle(?)!

Awesome! Funny story, my wife birdied her first hole the 2nd time she ever played. Then she stopped playing because she couldn't play with me lol. Cheers to the next birdie, and the first eagle(?)!
Got the eagle last summer. Still chasing a consistent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back