The (Un)Official THP Heisman Vote

• Johnny Manziel - Quarterback - Texas A&M

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Manti Te’o - Linebacker - Notre Dame

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Collin Klein - Quarterback - Kansas State

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Johnny Manziel, pure and simple, he was the outstanding player in college football this season.

I voted for Johnny Football. The guy did it against the best competition and put up huge numbers. I thought he meant more to his team than any other player.

Other than Florida and LSU.

But I know you did. But Te'o was the heart and soul of a preseason unranked Notre Dame team to the NC game. I don't know how else I can justify it. But it was a gut reaction for me. Te'o gets my vote.

I don't follow enough to vote, but I'd like to see the kid from a Kansas school get it. I know he messed up in a very big game a couple weeks ago,

I'd love to see this as well... but I'm just a little biased on the matter.

Te'o for me. I love him on and off the field and think he'd be an incredible addition to the nations greatest college fraternity.

Johnny Football and it should not even be close. If you couldn't give the award to a pure defensive player before this year there is no way T'eo deserves to be the first. N. Suh was a beast the year he was a finalist and still didn't have a shot. It would be a slap to a lot of great college defensive players of the past that didn't even come close if he won. As others have said he is not the best LB in college. If Georgia is in the championship game does the LB from there get to the finals? No he wouldn't! This is clear Notre Dame bias as to why T'eo is there and the media would love the story of Notre Dame and T'eo rather then getting the vote correct.

Gotta be Manziel. Te'o has had a great year not a Heisman year. He is a good player and their leader but Manziel has been amazing.

Johnny Football and it should not even be close. If you couldn't give the award to a pure defensive player before this year there is no way T'eo deserves to be the first. N. Suh was a beast the year he was a finalist and still didn't have a shot. It would be a slap to a lot of great college defensive players of the past that didn't even come close if he won. As others have said he is not the best LB in college. If Georgia is in the championship game does the LB from there get to the finals? No he wouldn't! This is clear Notre Dame bias as to why T'eo is there and the media would love the story of Notre Dame and T'eo rather then getting the vote correct.

I agree with some of that. I don't think that the past should influence the vote. Not a bit. In anyway. Also, the fact that you refered to Jarvis Jones as "the LB from there" should tell you why he shouldn't get a vote.

I just like Te'o for this award.

Other than Florida and LSU.

But I know you did. But Te'o was the heart and soul of a preseason unranked Notre Dame team to the NC game. I don't know how else I can justify it. But it was a gut reaction for me. Te'o gets my vote.

Manziel had 233 total yards of offense with 1 td and 0 turnovers against Florida in his SEC debut as a Freshman. That's not a bad game at all, the LSU one was a bad game. I'm not a fan of the SEC or ND so I got no horse in this race. I got nothing against Te'o, I really like the guy and his story, but from what I watched no one was more important and no one had a bigger impact on their team than Manziel.

Wish voting was done after the bowls.

Are you going to come to the dark side and root for OU in the Cotton Bowl, Nate? I know you don't want the Aggies to win...

Wish voting was done after the bowls.
Why? It's one game a month after most teams last game has been played.

Manti stats are better than the last defensive player that won a Heisman. That and the fact that some voters wont vote for a freshman. There is always a QB he throws for some ridiculous number, its not even that noteworthy anymore.

Because if in their bowl games, Manziel goes out and throws for 10 yards with 18 interceptions but Te'o has 50 tackles and 4 interceptions it could influence voters.

I voted for Johnny Football. The guy did it against the best competition and put up huge numbers. I thought he meant more to his team than any other player.

I'm not arguing for or against Manziel, but the "best competition" is arguable. A&M played some absolute dogs (2 FCS teams), so I think that as a whole, isn't a great argument. He did play 3 elite SEC teams and went 1-2 against them with 2 losses in Kyle Field. If I had to vote one way or the other, I'd vote Manziel, but I don't think the final voting will be as clear cut as people think. The Notre Dame name carries a lot of merit/votes with it IMO, but it will for sure be a 2-man race.

Just looked at T'eo's stats and it is amazing to see that while he may have been credited with over 100 "tackles", over half were assisted tackles and not solo tackles. 1.5 sacks and only 4 pass break ups all year. 7 int's are nice but still not heisman worthy stats.

I'm not arguing for or against Manziel, but the "best competition" is arguable. A&M played some absolute dogs (2 FCS teams), so I think that as a whole, isn't a great argument. He did play 3 elite SEC teams and went 1-2 against them with 2 losses in Kyle Field. If I had to vote one way or the other, I'd vote Manziel, but I don't think the final voting will be as clear cut as people think. The Notre Dame name carries a lot of merit/votes with it IMO, but it will for sure be a 2-man race.

So the heisman is being given to T'eo just because he went to ND?

Just looked at T'eo's stats and it is amazing to see that while he may have been credited with over 100 "tackles", over half were assisted tackles and not solo tackles. 1.5 sacks and only 4 pass break ups all year. 7 int's are nice but still not heisman worthy stats.

Those are amazing numbers for a middle linebacker though. But every talking head I have heard have said that Te'o's worthiness is way above stats.

That is defiantely part of it. Without a doubt. I have no problem with that. Performance in the face of expectations is something to consider for me.

I'll just say that it doesn't hurt one bit. I still think Manziel wins, but just not in a slam dunk way that many people seem to think.

I get what you're saying, I guess in my opinion even the dogs of the SEC are still better than a lot of other teams in the country. I look at a team like Missouri who had been to a bowl game every year since 2004, went 8-5 last year and didn't lose to much talent. This year they went 5-7 in their first year in the SEC and missed a bowl game.

I agree it's not an easy choice, for me it's Manziel but I completely get the argument for the other candidates.

One game? Maybe the most important game for those players in a high pressure situation. You think those 3 finalist would like one more game to possibly separate themselves as the leader? If not, we sure would I would think. In the end, waiting may prove not to do anything but could it hurt? Could it push someone over the top? Ask most who should have won the Heisman 2005 after that National Championship game was played. I think many would have voted differently.

I get what you're saying, I guess in my opinion even the dogs of the SEC are still better than a lot of other teams in the country. I look at a team like Missouri who had been to a bowl game every year since 2004, went 8-5 last year and didn't lose to much talent. This year they went 5-7 in their first year in the SEC and missed a bowl game.

I agree it's not an easy choice, for me it's Manziel but I completely get the argument for the other candidates.

Just look at Auburn. The SEC was so good this year that the mighty War-damn-Eagle couldn't pull a win out against the conference. That is how good the conference is.

Just look at Auburn. The SEC was so good this year that the mighty War-damn-Eagle couldn't pull a win out against the conference. That is how good the conference is.

Hahaha, I feel bad for some of the Auburn guys on here. Hopefully their new coach turns things around.

For what it's worth, I don't like the SEC at all. I just call it as a I see it and I hate to say it, but right now the SEC is the best conference and Manziel showed me he was the best player.

Manziel for sure.

Back