LEGOs Appreciation Thread

I had to visit the Mall of America to check on some field test machines and got there early. Long story short, went to the Lego store, spent a lot of money and I now have the London Tower Bridge kit. 4295 pieces, the largest kit I've ever had.

I miss playing with Legos. A grown man with no young kids in the house playing with Legos just doesn't sound right. But man I miss playing with them. Maybe I should get some just for fun.

Dude, I have no kids and I love Legos. Let the haters hate.

adeb93fba416567e9bdd6e692ee1e691.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adeb93fba416567e9bdd6e692ee1e691.jpg

I've been eyeing that one for a while, with my kids, 6 and 4, they aren't up for building it just quite yet, but I bet they'd have a riot playing with it, how fast does it end up moving?

If I can remember I'll take some video of it at top speed tonight and post it here so you can see.

I've been eyeing that one for a while, with my kids, 6 and 4, they aren't up for building it just quite yet, but I bet they'd have a riot playing with it, how fast does it end up moving?
here you go

Took a little over 10.5 hours but it is complete with several hours of it being spent looking for pieces.

This was a little over 2 hours in
WP_20160115_22_42_21_Pro_zps3zaduvo1.jpg

The finished model. It had three instruction manuals.
WP_20160117_11_14_13_Pro_zpsocpnau28.jpg

Dude, I have no kids and I love Legos. Let the haters hate.
Love it! Shake 'em off, shake 'em off.

Legos are definitely not just for kids. Everyone should enjoy them!

I use to love Lego's! I still see them and think about how much fun that was back in the day. My girls (7 & 5) aren't into Lego's. We had a few that we got, but they just ended up being a mess I had to clean up. They're more into Princesses and the such. Maybe if there were some with Princesses or similar, they'd be more into it.

My boys bought me Pirates: The Brick Bounty, for my birthday last month.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Pirates-...id=1454351878&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+pirateship

I had mentioned (probably several times over the last few years) that I had always wanted the Pirate Lego growing up and never did get it. Little did I know my dreams would come true turning age 34. We built it together and it's proudly displayed on my office shelf, along with Darth's Tie Fighter.

Love it! Shake 'em off, shake 'em off.

Legos are definitely not just for kids. Everyone should enjoy them!

Agreed. If I were single with no kids, I'd arguably have even MORE Lego than I do now.

A cool LEGO Jaeger
Screen-Shot-2016-02-12-at-2.39.24-PM-copy.jpg

Day one of Lego land in the books. My instagram has some highlights of the day. Now chilling at the Lego land hotel, which is amazing.

Also, did some tecnic building.
27e66bd0e345807f2a2926de6b948213.jpg

Tomorrow will be more exploring the park. Hotel room comes with early entry to the park, so should be a good time.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

A super I worked with on my last job built the Lego land in Boston. He told me Lego had there own "artists" who went from Lego land to Lego land building the exhibits at the each new place. They actually built a 15' Lego giraffe that they needed a crane to being in the different sections of pre built Legos. They also built a replica Boston out of Legos. I'll have to get him to send me a few pictures to post from the construction.

Just finished putting together my birthday present, the new Millenium Falcon.

4fTRqYp.jpg
pEdCHyA.jpg

4fTRqYp.jpg
pEdCHyA.jpg
That new one looks amazing! I have one from I think 2012.

Building the Space Shuttle Tydirium myself right now, bit delayed by a missing piece but should have it done tomorrow.

That new one looks amazing! I have one from I think 2012.

Building the Space Shuttle Tydirium myself right now, bit delayed by a missing piece but should have it done tomorrow.

My son built that one. I'll have to post up a pic.

That's pretty cool, don't know if I have the patience for that any more but I like looking at it!

4fTRqYp.jpg
pEdCHyA.jpg

Pretty cool. How's the Death Star coming?

We stopped at the Lego store a couple of weeks ago and I saw the Ghostbusters "fire station" house thingy. I thought it would be pretty cool to have until I saw the $350 price tag and then remembered I really didn't have any place to keep something of that size. It's "only" 4,634 pieces.

LEGOs Appreciation Thread

I thought this was kind of cool. The kids at my son's after school / extended care program were given a mess of pieces and asked to create something. He came up with this bridge
ba40da0329d210a263ad6faf1556d348.jpg

That's a whole lot of legos! Sorry, it's super long, so I put it in the spoiler.
Spoiler
diwhvkwg9dqk49a9yncs-copy.jpg

Pretty cool. How's the Death Star coming?

We stopped at the Lego store a couple of weeks ago and I saw the Ghostbusters "fire station" house thingy. I thought it would be pretty cool to have until I saw the $350 price tag and then remembered I really didn't have any place to keep something of that size. It's "only" 4,634 pieces.

876235ccdee6502c0a3bb6756fb68e04.jpg

Back