Aerated Greens - The Worst?

Yeah, probably.. It just sucks.. I was REALLY starting to enjoy my putting game!

Find some muni's for a week or so, u got pipestone next weekend!

I will play some "away" games when my home course is aerated. Our guys tend to over-sand after aeration making putting very aggravating, especially in the morning. Nothing worse than putting on wet, sanded greens. The ball pickes up the sand and won't roll true. Hate it.

the only reason it really bothers me is when i have a really nice putter that i don't want to use on aerated greens. but i usually have a few in the trunk. although it def hurts my putting i also have tons of spots to pick a good line and make better putts. it is what it is and its needed to keep those greens rolling so well the rest of the year. i do like showing up and only having to pay half price because of it also!

I hate aerated greens. The greens at my course are just now recovering and rolling well again. I've barely played in the past 3 weeks or so.

I dont bother putting. I only work on my long game and short irons on these type of greens.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk 2

Canadan, those are crazy, I've seen some pretty bad tee areas lately, but no greens near that bad, that really puts a damper on the round!

Canadan, those are crazy, I've seen some pretty bad tee areas lately, but no greens near that bad, that really puts a damper on the round!

Hah, I was just throwing out examples.. They've done most of the tees and some of the fairways at my place, but not the greens yet..

I might has well putt in the sand bunker by how sandy the greens become when they aerate them it sucks.

I just use a heavier putter to roll through the green

i can 3 putt just about the same on areated greens as non areated ones lol. na it really does suck at my home course they were done 3 weeks ago and are still in bad shape. the machine they have punches huge holes probabaly the same as 1960s when the course opened.

At my course, they aerated the greens a week before they decided to close it down for the renovations. On top of that, they are rebuilding 10 of the greens!

My best ball striking day ever was with aerated dirt rolled greens. Average 3 putt, it was brutal. I can guarantee I would of shot my best score ever if the greens were normal. Pissed me off!

It certainly is annoying. If you don't have the ability to go play somewhere else for a couple weeks, I'd say there is no better time to work on chipping and bunker play.

My club this year did a terrible job with the aerated greens. Took about 8-10 weeks earlier this year and we are at about 3 weeks now that they aerated and are not even close to healed.

It really upsets me because I know it has to be done but it doesn't have to be this bad. I rely on my putting to help me continue with my good play and when you 3 putt more than you should because you hit the wrong hole it's just frustrating. I have played courses this year where they have punched or sliced them and it never affected the putting at all. So it doesn't have to be a bad thing, just has to be done right.

Seriously. Tappin'.

I hate it when they punch the greens, especially when they use 5/8 inch tines. 1/4 inch tines are so much nicer if you have to putt on them.

Most courses down this way have an "Aeration rate" and charge 50% or more off their normal green fees. Often times, this is when I will explore some new courses and try them out to see how they play, even though I know the greens arent going to be in good shape. Turn them in to practice rounds, or just give it a go and see what happens is my thought.

Like I said, this past year, with the aerated greens, I have played a bunch of courses I had never been on before, because the rates were less than $20 for 18 w/ a cart. So, all in all, it's not a bad deal.

I know its a necessary evil to aerate so I jujst find a new spot to play. But I hate unputtable greens of any sort.

I don't mind punched greens. What really gets me is over-killing the greens with sand. Almost like putting on a beach...

I dont bother putting. I only work on my long game and short irons on these type of greens.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk 2

I have done the same.....I have played as a single and with others and when we get to the green and you can't get a good role or its really bad....just move on.

I hate them too, but you gotta do it.

Aerated greens are nothing compared to scalped fairways posing as greens.

yea +1 on that. Hate that, espec when payin full price to boot

I will play some "away" games when my home course is aerated. Our guys tend to over-sand after aeration making putting very aggravating, especially in the morning. Nothing worse than putting on wet, sanded greens. The ball pickes up the sand and won't roll true. Hate it.

yea when wet and sandy, it can roll across a steep slope and just never turn down, just hang up like magic. It stinks and also soooo slow.

My best ball striking day ever was with aerated dirt rolled greens. Average 3 putt, it was brutal. I can guarantee I would of shot my best score ever if the greens were normal. Pissed me off!

thats the worse part of it. maybe havin a great day (relative to your own game) but now you get this garbage to ruin it. And kills ya to think you may have shot your best score but you'll never know. There's always something to go wrong but when it's something that has nothing to do with you it knid of stinks.

From march through may and from late august through early october I call before I play. I have no desire to putt on greens that have been aerated within the last 3 weeks

Aerated greens are #2 for me #1 is temporary greens those are the worst.

Aerated greens are never ideal, but some courses do a better job with a bad situation than others. My home course is guilty of not using enough sand which is a killer.

Back