Kelllllahhh! Warming my heart from Ireland

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A certain THPer from Ireland made my day today.

He sent me a message with a request for my address a week ago. The backstory is long, but he wanted to bring me something from his homeland at the last MC. I think there were some issues with customs there, so he said we'd meet up in MB this year. Didn't work out for me to do that this year, which was quite a bummer.

The story is boring, so I'll get to the point. The man knows what gets my blood flowing. I've talked to him about a little dream of mine, which involves a trip to Lahinch Golf Club. I'm a sucker for history and this place has it all. Old Tom Morris designed the first links here and later on the great Alister MacKenzie designed what is now known as the Old Course.

I mean look at this place! Truly a dream for me that some day I'll get to play here.
inner-static-course-ph4.jpg

So, knowing this - Mr Kelly sent me the holy grail of Lahinch memorabilia! A scorecard from both the Old and Castle course, a course guide, some poker chips, and a sweet divot tool. Amazing.
20130805_174523-L.jpg

Hard to really express what this means to me in words, but let me say that it's one of the most thoughtful and meaningful gifts I've ever received. Put a permasmile on my face David and I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart! It's a little reminder of the time that you and I got to spend together on the golf course last year and the day that we'll get to do it again in your home country.

Thank you. Made my day man.

Awesome gesture kelly

That is just freaking cool! Well done indeed! Very very cool

Very cool, those markers look awesome.

Well done David!

Very cool, nice job Kelly!

Very cool

Heck of a gesture! I'm guessing it was Regina...

Just kidding. WTG David, you are a great guy!

WTG Kelly!

Very cool, David!

David, that is just AWESOME!

Awesome!!!

Very cool!

What a thoughtful gift!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Wow, what an AWESOME gesture. Hope to meet you someday David

That's awesome! He's a good dude.

Love the Lahinch stuff - awesome gift Kelly! My sister-in-law brought back a Lahinch sweater vest a while back, but I had the poor taste to outgrow it! It would be so cool to visit & play there! And drink some beer there! Hope you get that chance Hawk!

Kelly is the man! He is such a gracious dude and I heard some hilarious things come out of his mouth in MB.

Awesome. Another reason why THP & it's Albatross Club members are so awesome.

Tappin' from the work phone.

Awesome move but I agree with JConn... I think it was Regina and David is taking the credit. :D

That Kelly is a great dude!

Back