Took a buddy golfing yesterday

Hotled

Reaction score
Handicap
old age
I took my co-worker golfing yesterday, it was his first time golfing in 16 years and before that he only played a few times.
He still had a couple irons circa 1998 Bertha x12s and no fairway woods.

We had allot of fun and frustration for me on the front 9, but he said concentrate on your game on the back 9 and show me how its done.
Well I doubled 9 and singled 10, then proceeded to shoot 11-18 at even par.

He is now hooked on the game because he just text-ed me to see what I thought of some irons and woods he found on ebay LOL, I have to get him on here next.

Yes! Spread the game. You don't have to be a world beater to have fun, which is ultimately what it's all about. If you were in it for the competition, you'd drive yourself nutso (Tiger-esque)

That's kinda how I got back into golf. Went with a buddy of mine for the first time in 9 years and enjoyed it. I asked him if this is going to be a weekly occurance, so I can justify new gear. He said yes (although he's missed out a few weeks) so I went out and pretty much got all new clubs. I play every weekend now and enjoy myself, as for my buddy, I need to drag him out of the house to play.

Back