Moving to a push cart.....

I got a Green Ray Vehicles remote trolley earlier this year and find it is as close as I can get to having a caddy. I can use it for 18 holes and still have enough battery for another 18 (which I have never wanted to do).

Build quality was cheap, but adequate. I actually managed to make several good improvements to how the bag is secured. The best part was the price was sub $400 on ebay. My next piece to tackle is onboard storage...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Just switched to a push cart and I gotta say, when going up a hill I still get pretty knackered LOL. I had an electric cart in the UK, that was awesome, I need to start saving my pennies so I can get one over here.

In short, yes. Not so short, it depends on how much you carry and the way your straps and bag are set up. If you are carrying a full load of clubs, water, snacks, etc. you will notice a big difference. If you get an ergonomic bag and you know how to use it to save your back and shoulders than you might not notice a huge difference. That said, I avoid all of those issues and use a cart when I walk.

Yeah, my bag is set up pretty well. I only carry 5 or 6 balls and usually 13 clubs and a water bottle. Travel pretty light. I know all the setting down and picking up can take a toll on one's back so that's what got me thinking.

Yeah, my bag is set up pretty well. I only carry 5 or 6 balls and usually 13 clubs and a water bottle. Travel pretty light. I know all the setting down and picking up can take a toll on one's back so that's what got me thinking.

Yeah dude that is a good point. There is a lot of extra motion when you carry vs. push. It may not seem like a big deal but you are picking your bag up and setting it down after every shot. Depending on who it is that could mean close to 100 times in 18 holes picking their bag up.

I am in pretty good shape, but, at 43 years old, and having broken my back in 1993 rock-climbing in WY, I feel MUCH better walking with my Bag Boy Quad cart than I do carrying. In fact, I can barely work the next day if I carry a bag, but felt fine after walking 18 in 97 degree heat with high humidity Sunday. Granted, I drank about 6 Powerades, but I doubt I would have made it carrying my bag in that heat and humidity.

Plus, I was able to easily carry all that Powerade. And a ton of balls and stuff. In a Sun Mountain SYNC cart. No need to be super-light when you are pushing the bag on wheels instead of carrying it.

I switched from carrying to a push cart 3 years ago due to a back injury and a myriad of lingering shoulder problems. It was the best choice I could have made, I found I had no troubles with my back since and its a lot easier to do 18+ holes a day now. I'll still carry once in awhile if I'm only playing 9 holes, but pushing is just easier on the body, especially if you're an avid golfer and play 3 or more times a week.

Best investmnt in my game that I have made this year was purchasing a ClicGear, hands down! I'm 31 and used to carry, love walking the course, but after 13-15 holes (it's a hilly course) I'm usiually losing some steam especially in summer heat/humidity when carrying. I have not had that issue and seem to have more energy and less pain after a round now that I push. I'd advise you to get one ASAP, it's game-changing!

Also try a pull cart as well. Saves alot of space.

I carried at first, then after waking up the next day with sore shoulders bought a cheapo pull trolley from ebay to see if it worked.

Best thing I did, feel much better at the end of a round and handicap is coming down as a result.

Worked so well I bought a Stewart Z3 push trolley, means I can still use my stand bag, and carry if the course is so wet that trolleys are banned.

Do you think the push cart would be a lot less wear and tear on my body then? I guess that's my biggest question.

I have foot a knee problems that only come up when I carry for 18. Ever since I started using my Clicgear I have had ZERO issues. It's great having nothing in my pockets too.

I have foot a knee problems that only come up when I carry for 18. Ever since I started using my Clicgear I have had ZERO issues. It's great having nothing in my pockets too.

Sunday, for the first time, I realized that I can keep all my "stuff" in the magnetic compartment on my Quad-cart. I really, really liked having nothing in my pockets for once. It easily fits some cash for the cart-girl visits, a cigar-cutter, lighter, my ball-marker, Pitchfix, and a few tees. Life is good.

I picked up a Clikgear a couple weeks ago and love the thing. Holds many sized bags and I've heard it can accommodate staff bags. Lots of available accessories from their site as well as Amazon. It keeps me active and there really isn't any wear or tear on my body, unless you have bad legs from walking long distances. I used to carry a Sunday bag on the local par three course and after 9, my shoulder begins to hurt. They are a bit pricey, especially the newer model, but they are solid. Folding and unfolding it is a pain, but after a few tries, you'll know what to do.

I have a clicgear 3.0 and I love it. its super easy to push it has an optional seat(I don't have but want) and blows away carrying your bag.

This thread has been helpful to see everyone's thoughts/opinions, as I've had my eye on a cart for a while too. While it's just too hot/humid during the Summer in Arkansas to walk 18 holes, I prefer to walk in the Spring and Fall (even a bit in the Winter if its mild enough). I'm 32 but my back and knees arent' what they used to be, so I think I'll be making the move to a Clicgear soon!

I love to walk in the spring and fall. I don't do it in the summer as the humidity is my downfall. I have a clicgear 2 that I've had for 4 years now, I think, and love it. Just pull up, open the cart in 10 seconds, load my bag and I'm ready to roll. I had a pull cart that I tried a couple of times, but my shoulder would be so bad the next day I couldn't lift my arms. No more of that with my clicgear. The only drawback that I found with mine is that my old stand bag didn't fit well, so I just bought a cart bag, and save the stand bag for the range.

Another vote for Clicgear. It rolls smooth, good room, nice attachments available, and folds up really easily for transport and storage in my garage. If I got a new cart, it would be for another Clicgear.

I have a clicgear 3.0 and I love it. its super easy to push it has an optional seat(I don't have but want) and blows away carrying your bag.

I used to make fun of the seat until I was playing with a bunch of guys from here in 100+ heat during a 5 hour round. After that day I have seriously been thinking about picking one up.

I purchased a sun mounting micro sport cart a month or so ago and love it when I actually use it. You don't realize how many times you put your bag down and back on until you don't have to anymore. The only thing is I feel weird using it for 9 I usually only use it for 18 with my staffer and if I'm playing 9 I just carry a stand bag. I'm curious do most of you use your cart regardless of 9 or 18 holes?

Without wanting to push you in one direction or the other brand wise, I believe the decision to buy a push cart is a no brainer.

I have a hybrid stand bag with 14 way dividers, with the full compliment of clubs, balls and snacks etc the weight on my shoulders was beginning to tell.
I believe I may have been more tense on the course around the shoulders with that continual weight and I don't believe I was swinging as loose as I could have been.
With the purchase of the push cart at the start of the year I believe i'm more relaxed and its maybe allowed me to knock off two strokes from my handicap.

I bought a Bag Boy Quad this year and I love it. It was a little less expensive than the Sun Mountain or Clicgear and looked to be a little more solidly built. IMHO, it folds and unfolds easier than any of them too. I'm 60 years old, and if I didn't have it, it would be riding instead of walking. A great investment in my opinion.

I started this season with a push cart but more recently have gone back to just carrying my clubs. I have done 27 straight, with no back issues. There is a slight reduction in hassle not bringing out the cart every time otherwise, i cannot tell you why i prefer carrying my clubs.

Love all the replies and appreciate all of your input. I think I'm going to snag the Clic Gear I bought for my dad and give it a try on the course and see how it goes. I'm guessing from everyone's comments I'll be feeling a lot better after my round using it. The set down and pick up of the bag is just brutal somtimes....and with how light my bag is, I think this could make my game even better.

The Alphard Duo Cart(www.alphardgolf.com) combines a bag and a push cart. No more strapping your bag. Just take it out from the trunk and you're ready to go. The MSRP is $329.99 but they're dropping the MAP to $279.99 for the holiday season, so you're paying $50 more for a fully loaded bag. THP did a review here(bit.ly/WoxNTB).

That's a nice little cart there!! How heavy is it?

So today I did it. I took my dad's Clic Gear out for 18 this morning. What a difference that thing makes!!! I mean, my back feels really good. My hamstrings aren't sore. I've got a bunch of energy and I'd go out again if I wasn't going fishing. Big victory for the pushcart today May try and use it for 9 tomorrow as well. Can't believe how much of a difference it made for me....

Back