UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

So for the folks that are traveling from afar, would you prefer to tee off on Saturday at Hunter Ranch at 10a or 11:50a? Sunset is not until 6:26p so we will not have any issues finishing with either. There is a group a little larger than ours in between, do we want to follow them or lead them?

Good things are at hand gents!

I prefer 10am but either will be fine with me. Thanks for all of your efforts! I can't wait to hear who makes the Up and Down event! I think ALL OF US in Cali want to be there!

They should just take the 12 of us and we could have our down south.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Event

They should just take the 12 of us and we could have our down south.

To be fair, not everybody has signed up for it.
And while I am sure this get together is going to be a ton of fun, what we have in place for Up & Down w/ Cleveland Golf is going to be stunning for people. It has had close to a year of planning to get it just right.

I didn't mean it literally JB. You guys do an awesome job with all the events and getting everybody so motivated to participate. This is the best golf forum around and I feel privileged to be a part of it.

And we are honored to have you brother.

So for the folks that are traveling from afar, would you prefer to tee off on Saturday at Hunter Ranch at 10a or 11:50a? Sunset is not until 6:26p so we will not have any issues finishing with either. There is a group a little larger than ours in between, do we want to follow them or lead them?

Good things are at hand gents!
I'll let you know for sure after the Cleveland Up & Down event participants are announced. Since I'm 4+ hours away 11:50 is preferable but I can make either time work.

I prefer 10am but either will be fine with me. Thanks for all of your efforts! I can't wait to hear who makes the Up and Down event! I think ALL OF US in Cali want to be there!
^^This^^

To be fair, not everybody has signed up for it.
And while I am sure this get together is going to be a ton of fun, what we have in place for Up & Down w/ Cleveland Golf is going to be stunning for people. It has had close to a year of planning to get it just right.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the Bat Rastards that didn't sign up. Time, budget and priorities messed with me on the official THP events this year in California. But I do love what I'm seeing from Cleveland/Srixon and THP for this event, and am sure the participants will have an experience that will be positively unforgettable.

Yeah I can't wait to hear whom has been selected for the Up & Down. (Hoping I'm one if them) but if not... I'd be bummed but at least I got this meetup to look forward to. Again, it's a win/win.

For the tee time at Hunter Ranch I have no real preference, and I'll let the guys that are travelling get their votes in. I do have motivation to practice a bit and get used to swinging a club again before this event. Played two days ago for the first time in two months, and "rusty" would be a generous description of my performance.

I am hoping to do both(wife may kill me).

I am hoping to do both(wife may kill me).

Same here Tim! Although no wife here to kill me

Has anyone heard of any other THPers jumping in on the south side? I'd hate to be the one that made the teams uneven.

Has anyone heard of any other THPers jumping in on the south side? I'd hate to be the one that made the teams uneven.

We will know a little more of who's going to be able to make it out to this event after the announcements for theUp and Down event. There may one, more than one, or none of us going.

We will know a little more of who's going to be able to make it out to this event after the announcements for theUp and Down event. There may one, more than one, or none of us going.

Good point. I know everyone is excited for JB to announce those selected tomorrow, myself included. The suspense is a killer!

I also wouldn't worry about making things imbalanced, I've got a few buddies locally that could fill in for whatever side is missing a player or two. Or worse case scenario I could play for the South, I am in no mans land and could be the balancing piece.

And there might be more that decide to jump on board, we still have a couple months to go.

Coming from 3 hours away, I would prefer the 11:50 time, but have no problem with the 10am tee time as I usually get up pretty early.

I am hoping that at least 1 or 2 of us get into Up & Down so we can at least hear the details straight from someone who was there.

I am already locked into a pretty sweet event in the Gauntlet next month so if I got into both events it would be pretty unreal (I would be seeing Roger Cleveland and possibly Dave Pelz in 4 weeks...) so I would be stunned if I got into the Cleveland event.

Either would I will be making this unofficial event as it has been too long since I have played with any of the other Nor Cal guys (I still haven't seen Heezy's #Grandaddy bag!). Honestly, I would love for this to become an annual thing as it gives me an excuse to travel around this huge state to test out some great tracks.

Now that we know who got into each event hopefully we can get closer to locking this down. Really looking forward to teeing it up with everyone.

Congrats to you guys that made the Cleveland up and down.

Are you ready to RUUUUMMMBBLLLLLLEE!!!

So with the announcements made for the Cleveland event, I'm hoping that you lucky three still want to participate in the North vs. South event as well.

I've had a chance to get everything sorted with the courses and am pretty excited with how things are shaping up. We are booked for 16 golfers and need to maintain a minimum of 12 with both courses to keep our outing intact. As things get closer I will ask for names and GHIN numbers so we can have the scorecards made and I can mix up the pairings and matches. Let me know what you think!

Hunter Ranch - October 17th - First tee time is 11:49am
- $106 includes green fee, cart, range balls and $15 to either the pro shop or food/beverage (we have to decide as a group one or the other)
- The course will be printing cart signs and handicapped scorecards
- We will likely be doing a couple closest to the pins and/or longest/most accurate drive
- They want one payment on the day of so if everyone could bring cash for me, I will make the payment. Deposit is already in place

Monarch Dunes - October 18th - First tee time is 8:30am
- $75 includes green fee, cart & range balls
- The course will be printing cart signs and handicapped scorecards
- We will likely be doing a couple closest to the pins and/or longest/most accurate drive
- They are fine with everyone paying separate on the day of (plan accordingly as there is a bunch of us). Deposit is already in place

Thank you for taking this on. I know its going to be a blast.

Thanks Stephen for making the plans and reservations. This is looking to be a great weekend.
It's really a toss-up for me whether to do pro shop or food/drink credits. But forced to choose, then I'd say food/drink.

We have a couple good and entertaining courses to play.

Congrats to those who made it in to the Up & Down. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them. Those who made it in, let me know if you can still make this get-together. If doing both is unrealistic, we understand. Congrats again!

Since I did make it into my first THP event (the Up and Down:bananadance:) I know for a fact I cannot get 2 weekend in a row off at work. They have to send someone from Santa Maria to cover me and I already know that won't happen. I work every Saturday and off Sundays and Mondays. I'll check with the CFO (wife) and see if she wants to head over Saturday after work which would allow us to make the dinner then play Sundays round with you guys. I'll know more later this week.

I was another lucky duck selected for the Up and Down. I'd still like to try and do both, I just need to work my schedule out for both. Only difficult part is that I live far enough away that it's not super feasable to go home and come back for both events.

I don't have an active handicap right now. I probably need to get back into the NCGA anf get it going. Is it a problem for me not having an active handicap, or should I just jump into the NCGA now and let it handicap me coming up to the event?

Back