deleebar

blargh
Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering is there any advantage to playing wedges of the same make as opposed to using wedges from different manufacturers? I get the similar spin profile, but my experience with wedges (which isn't extensive) is that I hardly hit full shots, and use them for different situations (flop v. bump and run). Just bringing this up as i just made the jump to pro combos and needed a gap, so instantly went with the SM4 to match my other wedges.

Advantage? Not necessarily.
It will come down to individual needs out of each wedge. I believe this is why so many profiles are launched in the wedge category such as grinds, bounce, etc.

I wouldn't say there's an advantage because really all blade wedges are very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If you are used to the feel and look of a certain model already, I can't see where it would be a disadvantage to stick with that if you are adding a new wedge. Going a different route may mean a different type of shaft, different swing weight, etc, which would be minimized by sticking with the same brand\model.

For me it seems easier to line up and I know the weight heads are all the same. I guess its just a confidence thing too.

Back