Star Wars Episode VII Has a Title

JJ Abrams confirmed there will be no Jar Jar. And no Ewoks. Yay!

Interesting that ESPN ran with this!

Can't wait till Thursday night !!! My daughter got invited to the Star Wars preview showing and she asked me to go with her !! Lucky Me !!

Looking forward to Thursday evening.

Reviews should start coming out today. I didn't read it so that I wouldn't see spoilers, but USA Today had it at 4 stars out of 4 stars. My only fear with the new movies was that we would wait this long and get something horrible, but that doesn't sound like the case thank goodness.

Other tidbits I've seen so far say that 1) they have sold $100 million in tickets already and 2) they may see $1.5 BILLION in global sales total. If that is the case, the $4 Billion purchase by Disney looks like a pretty good deal for them.

I think the reviews of the movie will be very biased , as s wars is like a tradition. The movie will be a huge success $$$ wise. But the actual movie itself could be a slight bomb

Reviews should start coming out today. I didn't read it so that I wouldn't see spoilers, but USA Today had it at 4 stars out of 4 stars. My only fear with the new movies was that we would wait this long and get something horrible, but that doesn't sound like the case thank goodness.

Other tidbits I've seen so far say that 1) they have sold $100 million in tickets already and 2) they may see $1.5 BILLION in global sales total. If that is the case, the $4 Billion purchase by Disney looks like a pretty good deal for them.

Disney is expecting to make a billion just on merchandise in the next 12 months.

Going to see this tomorrow night at 7PM. Theater has assigned seating and we already have our tickets, so should be (relatively) painless getting in. Really looking forward to it. I worked at a theater when Phantom Menace came out, and saw it a few days before premiere, and I remember how disappointed everyone was. From the little I've heard, it sounds like this isn't going to be a repeat.

I think the reviews of the movie will be very biased , as s wars is like a tradition. The movie will be a huge success $$$ wise. But the actual movie itself could be a slight bomb

My only retort to this is that regardless of tradition, people are as critical if not more so with Star Wars as they are with other franchises. If the movie sucked, there is just as compelling of a storyline in the death of Star Wars, or the ruining of the franchise by Disney. Even among the "fans", most are quick to point out the prior movies that were poor regardless of monetary success. Not searching out or cherry-picking, but the three reviews I've seen so far were all very positive, even pointing out this one lived up to the hype in the way that the episodes 1-3 trilogy never did. We will all see what the response is like as viewers see it starting tomorrow.

Well , I hope it is good as well. I will wait until after Christmas and see an afternoon showing when the crowds should be less of a hassle for me

im also going to avoid the screener copy that is reported will be available to view in a few days. This is one i will enjoy on the big screen with a jumbo dog/ nachos/ big popcorn and a beer I will sneak in

There is no way this movie can exceed expectations, but if it meets them I will be ecstatic. The early numbers on Rotten Tomatoes are very promising.

Although to be honest, I am more excited to see what Rian Johnson does with Episode VIII and Phil Lord and Chris Miller do with the Star Wars Stories Han Solo movie.

All the reviews I've read so far have been devoid of spoilers and just simply glowing. The main sentiment is that TFA is very reminiscent of the original Star Wars film and gets a lot of the feeling and tone just right.

I'm beyond excited to see it with my 10yo who is a Star Wars nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say this, the Star Wars Seasons event at Disneyland is telling me how massive this will be. Tomorrowland was simply packed and Star Tours and Hyperspace Mountain had the longest lines in the park. I saw merchandise everywhere.

I'm beyond excited to see it with my 10yo who is a Star Wars nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the part I am excited about too. I get to take both of my boys (5 and 7) to it. They have been counting down longer that I have.

The one I'm looking for is the movie in creation that follows 5 rogues who got the plans for the original Death Star to the rebels. I've heard it will have a dark theme to it and a real stealth-espionage feel as well.

Looking to learn more on this one .

The early reviews on this film are fabulous. I'm really getting excited now. Don't know when I'm seeing it but definitely by Christmas weekend.

Are we safe to assume this thread will be spoiler free? :bulgy-eyes:

I will be trying to see it Christmas weekend.

I have tickets for the evening of the 21st. Really looking forward to it. Going with my brothers and my Dad, just like when we saw Empire and Return of the Jedi.

I'm spending my day off today to watch the first Star Wars, episode 4, in anticipation to watch the newest one soon after the crowds die off

Going this Sunday to see it in 3D! Got my tickets sent to me and my seat reserved. Can't wait. Might do a Star Wars marathon Saturday to get up to speed.

Back