2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
204.8 this morning, that makes me smile so so so much. Best part is, I can now physically the difference not just in my face but in my core as well.

Still with an 1800/day goal, and I've still yet to feel like I'm missing out on anything and I'm never going hungry. Helps that I've picked up the activ9ry this week too, on days I don't get to walk a round after work I'm going for a jog or walk at home, next week I'm going to increase the yoga as well.

I really think I can be sub 200 by Disney now. That makes me incredibly happy, and even more driven.

Way to go, James. You got this.

204.8 this morning, that makes me smile so so so much. Best part is, I can now physically the difference not just in my face but in my core as well.

Still with an 1800/day goal, and I've still yet to feel like I'm missing out on anything and I'm never going hungry. Helps that I've picked up the activ9ry this week too, on days I don't get to walk a round after work I'm going for a jog or walk at home, next week I'm going to increase the yoga as well.

I really think I can be sub 200 by Disney now. That makes me incredibly happy, and even more driven.

Im working hard to be sun 190 by then and think I will get there. 2 more lbs to go, but have some traveling ahead of me that I have to stay stable for. I have Grandaddy goals and then definitely PGA Show goals.

Got on the scale for the first time since starting to eat better, and I'm down about 4 pounds since Savannah. Clothes are fitting better, and I'm feeling better. Really about changing the trend from going up slowly to staying the same or going down - I don't expect the weight to come off quickly. Come winter I'll be able to really hunker down and get back to where I should be. About 10-15 pounds to go, and I've got next year's golf season circled as a target for that.

Way to go, James. You got this.
Thanks buddy! I want to be lean and mean heading into December. But that's a loooooong road full of temptation I know.
Im working hard to be sun 190 by then and think I will get there. 2 more lbs to go, but have some traveling ahead of me that I have to stay stable for. I have Grandaddy goals and then definitely PGA Show goals.
Nice dude, you're killing it right now. I'd love to be sub 200 because then I'd have no problem mentally letting myself enjoy Disney and f&w, I really want that badly and it's helping keep me in track when I want to stray right now.

I will say, my biggest craving is sushi, and it's just not calorie conducive, and that sucks. So so so so bad.

Thanks buddy! I want to be lean and mean heading into December. But that's a loooooong road full of temptation I know.

You and me both. I'm going to be in the best shape of my life when we roll into Cali, before comfort stations make me balloon back up. Have you set any milestone goals between now and December, or just the end goal?

Had 3 eggs for breakfast today, and avoided the temptation to add cheese because it was empty calories and fat. Should save me about 250 calories compared to the cereal I've been eating for breakfast, and some good protein.

Nice dude, you're killing it right now. I'd love to be sub 200 because then I'd have no problem mentally letting myself enjoy Disney and f&w, I really want that badly and it's helping keep me in track when I want to stray right now.

I will say, my biggest craving is sushi, and it's just not calorie conducive, and that sucks. So so so so bad.

I am the exact same way. Im okay with moderation, but sushi is just not moderation. Its why I like the point system I am using. I have extra points for the week and while I try not to use them, I am not going to kill myself because that leads to failure. Instead I am part of a system with a track record that when I stay on it, it works for me. Should hit sub 190 soon and sub 185 by Disney is not out of the question.

What I have learned for me is how much portion control plays a role in my weight.

You and me both. I'm going to be in the best shape of my life when we roll into Cali, before comfort stations make me balloon back up. Have you set any milestone goals between now and December, or just the end goal?

Had 3 eggs for breakfast today, and avoided the temptation to add cheese because it was empty calories and fat. Should save me about 250 calories compared to the cereal I've been eating for breakfast, and some good protein.
Just the end goal, ideally I'll be there by thanksgiving and then limit the damage. In a dream world, I'd like to go even lower, but 190 is going to be the lowest I've been since 7th or 8th grade, and for my frame is quite low contrary to what the piss ignorant bmi calculations say, 174 my ass Hahaha.

I can't go by BMI, I'd look sickly! Well more sickly hahaha. Big boned?!? Hahaha. I hopped on the scale this morning. I'm dropping, but I'll wait and see how this goes for the week. Water weight and quick drop initially is a bit of a false hope.

In moderation, cheese/fat isn't bad for you. Especially if you're getting work in. I wouldn't consider real cheese empty calories. Something like canadian bacon or ham is a better to go with eggs than cheese though.

Just the end goal, ideally I'll be there by thanksgiving and then limit the damage. In a dream world, I'd like to go even lower, but 190 is going to be the lowest I've been since 7th or 8th grade, and for my frame is quite low contrary to what the piss ignorant bmi calculations say, 174 my ass Hahaha.

I can't go by BMI, I'd look sickly! Well more sickly hahaha. Big boned?!? Hahaha. I hopped on the scale this morning. I'm dropping, but I'll wait and see how this goes for the week. Water weight and quick drop initially is a bit of a false hope.
BMI is such a bad indicator of a target weight, precisely because it only factors in height and not the rest of your frame. It often indicates that bodybuilders are obese, which makes no damn sense.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BMI is such a bad indicator of a target weight, precisely because it only factors in height and not the rest of your frame. It often indicates that bodybuilders are obese, which makes no damn sense.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No kidding, my ideal BMI is less than 100lbs. I have't been that thin since college, and when I was that thin I had to wear kids clothes and people thought I was sick. I came home from college the summer of freshman year and my mom used to stand outside the bathroom door when I would use it after eating to make sure I wasn't throwing up. She thought I had an eating disorder.

I didn't, I just had rapid weight loss from being active for the first time in my life and eating healthy. I lost 40lbs that year.

Yup - BMI is a population statistic. It's great as an average (because if you have a large enough sample size, you take care of the variations caused by bodybuilders and the like) but it's not meant to be a measure for individuals.

Breakfast this morning was 2 packets of instant cheddar grits (2 servings). 5 points total and delicious.
1 cup boiling water. 2 packets and a bowl. Didnt even need to salt them.

I forgot to add I am down 3lbs. Nothing special, but a hell of a lot better than I have done in the past and I am not even a little hungry.

I forgot to add I am down 3lbs. Nothing special, but a hell of a lot better than I have done in the past and I am not even a little hungry.

Holy carp, why didnt you tell me? I knew you got to 2 down, but 3 down is awesome. I mean lets not forget you are tiny already.

Great going Morgan! 3 lbs down is awesome!

Not to talk you into cheese, but your eggs (if you're eating only the whites) need some fat for the protein to work with. ;)

No kidding, my ideal BMI is less than 100lbs. I have't been that thin since college, and when I was that thin I had to wear kids clothes and people thought I was sick. I came home from college the summer of freshman year and my mom used to stand outside the bathroom door when I would use it after eating to make sure I wasn't throwing up. She thought I had an eating disorder.

I didn't, I just had rapid weight loss from being active for the first time in my life and eating healthy. I lost 40lbs that year.

Yep, whereas mine told me in high school that I was underweight and that I was unhealthy because of that. Even though I felt great, ate like a fiend, and got tons of exercise.

Wow, 40lbs in a year is nuts! Yeah there are definitely folks who are actually healthy under 100 lbs, but there are plenty of the same height that are much healthier at 120 lbs for example.

So per nutritionist suggestion (a page ago or so) I'm supposed to have ~1500 calories on non workout days... I was good yesterday until I chomped down on the carrot cake. 600kcals for a slice... :(

Not to talk you into cheese, but your eggs (if you're eating only the whites) need some fat for the protein to work with. ;)
I'm not just eating whites, eating the whole egg. 3 eggs apparently has 15g of fat. I might have to look into just the whites because that's the part I like best anyway, and then I'd get cheese!

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing for nutrition and just trying to stay under my calorie limit without starving myself, so any tips are appreciated.

Breakfast this morning was 2 packets of instant cheddar grits (2 servings). 5 points total and delicious.
1 cup boiling water. 2 packets and a bowl. Didnt even need to salt them.
I'm not familiar with these grits you speak of. We have no such thing up here... Good thing i'm headed down that way in 3 weeks, they sound great!

I'm not just eating whites, eating the whole egg. 3 eggs apparently has 15g of fat. I might have to look into just the whites because that's the part I like best anyway, and then I'd get cheese!

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing for nutrition and just trying to stay under my calorie limit without starving myself, so any tips are appreciated.
My only advice is to find out what keeps you full all day and still meets your calorie / macro needs and go with it.

You'll stay full longer if you're higher on protein fats than carbs (though carbs are still important!). For carbs, the more complex the better - sweet potato/squash instead of potato/pasta. sudesh sort of nails it - find the things that make your macros work within your calorie goal and keep you full, and stick to those.

You'll stay full longer if you're higher on protein fats than carbs (though carbs are still important!). For carbs, the more complex the better - sweet potato/squash instead of potato/pasta. sudesh sort of nails it - find the things that make your macros work within your calorie goal and keep you full, and stick to those.
Couple things on macros: should I even be concerned with them where I'm at in my health goal? I mean, going from 295 to 275, are macros that important or just staying under calories will get me there? B) I don't trust the nutrition facts I'm seeing on MFP, so it is hard to track my macros. There was a sandwich from Jersey mikes that includes mayo, but I didn't eat the mayo, and on MFP the calories were adjusted but not the fat, so I was way over my fat goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back