2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get off your lazy a$$ and DO IT!!!!! Want me to pound you?

That is motivation in itself. And plus, I can't be a JakeNation supporter/member/enforcer if I am not jacked and bald...

You were on a roll back then! It feels awesome to be in that kind of a groove. When you're not in one of those grooves it feels so hard to achieve, yet when you get going and get back at it it's quite easy and addicting.

I'm in a great groove workout wise but HAVE to buckle down on some of the foods I eat. I'm too close to my goals not to keep pushing hard now.

That is sometimes the hardest balance to find, the one between what you eat and working out. It's true about the groove too, once you get back in it you wonder why you ever fell out of it. I need to find that again. It's hard when the person you live with always wants to eat bad food and tempt you with milkshakes and wings. I need to just be stronger and say no, or make them at home where I can control the ingredients. The key for me is going to be staying home and cooking, eating out is expensive and so bad for you. I'm not a bad cool, I just get lazy, I have to get over that and start making meals at home, which is exactly my plan this week.

That is motivation in itself. And plus, I can't be a JakeNation supporter/member/enforcer if I am not jacked and bald...
Jacked and bald.....we must get you there! Get in there and throw some effin kegs bro!

That is sometimes the hardest balance to find, the one between what you eat and working out. It's true about the groove too, once you get back in it you wonder why you ever fell out of it. I need to find that again. It's hard when the person you live with always wants to eat bad food and tempt you with milkshakes and wings. I need to just be stronger and say no, or make them at home where I can control the ingredients. The key for me is going to be staying home and cooking, eating out is expensive and so bad for you. I'm not a bad cool, I just get lazy, I have to get over that and start making meals at home, which is exactly my plan this week.
I know that if my wife and I aren't both on the same page it is nearly impossible to stay the course and eat right.

But yeah, eating at home is 1. better for you and 2. less expensive!!!

Alright operation get back to being healthy and stop being a fata$$ has officially begun!

I went grocery shopping yesterday and got lots of lean meats, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and tons of fruits and veggies. I made a delicious, and healthy, taco salad for dinner last night and I will have the leftovers for dinner tonight.

On top of that I bought some great workout DVD's so I can work out even if I am traveling. They should be here tomorrow and I plan to start them tomorrow if they get here early enough, if not then I will begin the workout portion of my get healthy plan on Thursday.

I knew it was time to get back into a healthier lifestyle when my fat pants were too tight, and things like burgers, wings and pizza didn't even sound good to me anymore because they were no longer a treat, but more the norm in my eating habits recently.

Feels so good to eat healthy, natural foods again.

Awesome GG get after it girl. Sounds like an awesome plan best of luck!

Jacked and bald.....we must get you there! Get in there and throw some effin kegs bro!

I know that if my wife and I aren't both on the same page it is nearly impossible to stay the course and eat right.

But yeah, eating at home is 1. better for you and 2. less expensive!!!

I love it! Time to get back on the saddle!

I do have one little trick that works somewhat though. I find when I build up my obliques and focus on that area of my stomach, the belly fat 'appears' to look smaller.
I agree with you Dr.B. The oblique, stomach, and lower back exercises works for me also.
I also might suggest that folks investigate foods/beverages that contribute as well. I found that eliminating all bread and grains from my foods, as well as limiting the starches, made a big impact.

After seeing the dedication from all y'all, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I started on my road to a golf-ready body, yesterday.

Restarted the TRX Force program, and have been faithfully running through the drills given to me by my GolfTEC coach.

Hopefully I will be ready for my March public course debut.

Cheers,
Sudhir

Nice work Sudhir!

Got my 2nd two-a-day in the books. This morning was lower body and abs then tonight I went 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and a 15 minute jog for about 6 mph. Tomorrow is 45 minutes of kickboxing at 5am then I'll decide later if I'm going to sprinkle in a run tomorrow night. I'm thinking I will, I'm already feeling way more energized.

Nutrition wise I had another really good day as well, still too much processed food but definitely better than what I could be eating.

Nice work Sudhir!

Got my 2nd two-a-day in the books. This morning was lower body and abs then tonight I went 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and a 15 minute jog for about 6 mph. Tomorrow is 45 minutes of kickboxing at 5am then I'll decide later if I'm going to sprinkle in a run tomorrow night. I'm thinking I will, I'm already feeling way more energized.

Nutrition wise I had another really good day as well, still too much processed food but definitely better than what I could be eating.
At a boy Jake! Good to see my capt leading by example!

You too!!
I have mad respect, sir. I think I would fold over under the bar if I were to even think about two two-a-days.

Sudhir

Nice work Sudhir!

Coach Beard, sorry for the skim if it's already been asked, but my wife and I would really like to do an in home workout that doesn't require extra equipment, is there one you'd recommend that could work for both of us at the same time?

Ace,

I have a beer gut. Please help!

Thanks,
One-T

Hey bro! First step is up the cardio. Second is cut down on the beer. Third is core work. Any specifics you want don't hesitate to ask my man!

Alright operation get back to being healthy and stop being a fata$$ has officially begun!

I went grocery shopping yesterday and got lots of lean meats, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and tons of fruits and veggies. I made a delicious, and healthy, taco salad for dinner last night and I will have the leftovers for dinner tonight.

On top of that I bought some great workout DVD's so I can work out even if I am traveling. They should be here tomorrow and I plan to start them tomorrow if they get here early enough, if not then I will begin the workout portion of my get healthy plan on Thursday.

I knew it was time to get back into a healthier lifestyle when my fat pants were too tight, and things like burgers, wings and pizza didn't even sound good to me anymore because they were no longer a treat, but more the norm in my eating habits recently.

Feels so good to eat healthy, natural foods again.

This is awesome to hear GG! I love reading this. And then those other foods that you enjoy will start to be "treats or rewards" again. Really looking forward to reading about your progress - especially the food part!

Seems like since you left Tiger's gym it just hasn't been the same for you. You need Tiger's gym back. Haha!

Sounds like some awesome food choices there GG! I love having a kitchen full of healthy choices, if they're not there and relatively easy for me to whip together I immediately start pondering eating out and that is my absolute weakness.

This is my problem too. The more planning you do, the better you eat.

I did back and legs today before work. I can barely sit straight at the desk now because of it. Felt great afterwards but i'm in a mid shift slump, didn't help that dinner was pan fried seabass which turned out to be more bones than meat so i ended up eating the salad. I know i'm gonna be hungry again in a hour :angry:

When this happens to me I have a glass of milk or a cup of yogurt with some granola. It usually helps.

Hey coach Beard, I finally got back to the ole pumphouse this week and Ill tell ya it feels pretty darn good.Started to get that workout buzz u know. I,ve started lite this first week so as not to be too sore and its helping but still sore so im doin sumthin right. I,m doin 15 mins. at 4.0 speed and 2.5 incline on the treadmill after workout and im shooting 15 mins. of B-ball after that thats my cardio. Did bi,s and shoulders on Mon. and tri,s and back today. Tomorrow should I do legs or chest? Reason im askin is because of the tri,s dont know how sore they will be tomorrow. Thx. for the answer and motivation!

Hey man I hope you get to read this before your workout. I would do legs today to give your tri's some more rest. Go easy on the lower back though, especially if you did that yesterday. By that I mean I might stay away from squats (air squats or body weight squats are ok though) That is what I usually do when this happens. Good luck and have a great workout!

This is why I like to take into account body fat % as well as actual weight. This, along with other health indicators, can help you determine goals.

Correct, along with BMI. I try not to get caught up in weight too much. If I am eating correctly and working out regularly, that is good enough for me. I try not to worry about numbers. This is only my opinion however. I have friends who swear by numbers.

You were on a roll back then! It feels awesome to be in that kind of a groove. When you're not in one of those grooves it feels so hard to achieve, yet when you get going and get back at it it's quite easy and addicting.

I'm in a great groove workout wise but HAVE to buckle down on some of the foods I eat. I'm too close to my goals not to keep pushing hard now.

This is great to read my man! I love that even though you are close you are still motivated!

I agree with you Dr.B. The oblique, stomach, and lower back exercises works for me also.
I also might suggest that folks investigate foods/beverages that contribute as well. I found that eliminating all bread and grains from my foods, as well as limiting the starches, made a big impact.

It does work. Personally I don't like eliminating any food group, but you will see results that way. Moderation is HUGE.

After seeing the dedication from all y'all, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I started on my road to a golf-ready body, yesterday.

Restarted the TRX Force program, and have been faithfully running through the drills given to me by my GolfTEC coach.

Hopefully I will be ready for my March public course debut.

Cheers,
Sudhir

This is awesome to hear man!! We are glad to have you! Keep us updated!

Nice work Sudhir!

Jake, I love that you aren't too hard on yourself when your eating isn't perfect. This is an awesome attitude my man. There is way too much self hate in the fitness world and it is just so negative. I know it is corny but the P90X slogan really is great- do your best and forget the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back