Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LA will be better off. Mike Brown can't touch Jackson or D'antoni. I wonder what jerry Sloan is up to. He should at least get a phone call. I'm sure he'd come back to the NBA for the Lakers.

I think LA will be better off. Mike Brown can't touch Jackson or D'antoni. I wonder what jerry Sloan is up to. He should at least get a phone call. I'm sure he'd come back to the NBA for the Lakers.

Sloan is an interesting name I forgot about his blow out in Utah! He might be a good choice.

Sloan is an interesting name I forgot about his blow out in Utah! He might be a good choice.

Espn saying its jacksons job to turn down...should be interesting

Rondo with 20 assists last night. He is averaging over 13 I think per game. While I still don't love him as a player, he is making plays this year, that is for sure.

Yeah dude has been good the last few years, if he had even and inkling of an outside shot, he'd be great

Yeah dude has been good the last few years, if he had even and inkling of an outside shot, he'd be great

And could cut down on his turnovers.

I'm a huge fan of Rondo's game. He is probably my favorite pg to watch. I'm a much bigger fan of the pass first pg over a player looking to Jack up a bunch of shots.

Man the San Antonio coach is getting on my last nerve . Last nights game was a blowout of Denver , I have Parker and Duncan on my fantasy teams and they are red hot , But like clock work Pop pulls em' the middle of 3rd qtr. Killing my chances at winning anything . It is getting to where you cant even put Parker or Duncan on a fantasy team and yes I realize they do not care about fantasy teams , but dang those guys make big money let then earn it ..lol

Rondo with 20 assists last night. He is averaging over 13 I think per game. While I still don't love him as a player, he is making plays this year, that is for sure.

The dude's a great PG. if he could score he'd be up there with the best in the league IMO.

The triple double machine. I still don't understand how he gets his stats when watching him.

The triple double machine. I still don't understand how he gets his stats when watching him.

No joke. I will be watching him play a ho-hum game, and I'll look up: he's posting up 18-12-10 before I know it. He whines a bit too much for me, but I love the way that he plays.

See, and I am one of the guys that thinks he is too worried about stats and as a PG definitely worries too much about rebounds. Far too many times he is crashing instead of playing transition defense and as a Celtics fan it is frustrating as heck.

See, and I am one of the guys that thinks he is too worried about stats and as a PG definitely worries too much about rebounds. Far too many times he is crashing instead of playing transition defense and as a Celtics fan it is frustrating as heck.

Understandable. I guess I have no skin in the game, so I only pay attention to the aesthetics of his game. I was the same way with Kyle Lowry. The dude is a hustler and goes 110%, but every time he goes in for a layup, he falls to the floor and is slow to get back on D. Very frustrating. Now I have a whole crop of new players to be frustrated with!

I actually agree with that now that I think about it. Dwayne Wade does the same thing though he isn't a PG.

The problem is that the Celtics aren't a great rebounding team to begin with. I understand what you're saying in that he's a little greedy on the offensive boards, but on the defensive end, it's not like they have great guys on the boards. It was a little different when KG was at the 4 and Perkins was at the 5 a few years ago, but now with KG at the 5, it's even more magnified. So Rondo has to come down and help on the boards a good bit.

I do have a feeling that when Avery Bradley comes back and they have a chance to look at their backcourt depth and where everyone can play, they will trade one of their backcourt players to obtain another big man.

While they may not be a great rebounding team, I see Rondos efforts more hurting than helping. If the scheme needs a guard to rebound, make sure you send one back, which they fail to do far too often. Because there is not one back, it is usually indicative that the coach does not necessarily agree with the PG crashing the boards.

I want to find the guy in the Nets organization who thought getting Johnson was a good idea and punch him in the mouth. Oh my goodness, that was a horrible move.

I honestly love the reserves on this Nets team right now. Blatche and Evans bring energy on the boards, Watson can run the offense and distribute, Brooks and Blatche can both score well, and Evans also brings it on D. I think they might have one of the best second units in the league. I think this Nets team has good things in store if they can stay healthy and their first team starts to flow a bit better.

Rockets are running the Knicks out of the building... It's a much better game when you don't turn the ball over 20 times.

Rockets are running the Knicks out of the building... It's a much better game when you don't turn the ball over 20 times.

I can't believe they dropped 131. Wow.

I was impressed. 72 in the first half. Rockets are so bi-polar this year though.

On a side note, this is not really NBA technically, but I'll still put it in here. Help Deke save the world!

http://www.oldspicesavestheworld.com/

Rondo and Humphries just got in a fight in the Brooklyn-Boston game. I'd expect suspensions for both guys.

Sent from Tapatalk

Rondo and Humphries just got in a fight in the Brooklyn-Boston game. I'd expect suspensions for both guys.

Sent from Tapatalk

That sounds it would be an awkward fight. I will put my money on rondo though.

That sounds it would be an awkward fight. I will put my money on rondo though.

I will take Humphries, I mean the guy was married to a Kardashian and with the way the typical cat fight goes in the NBA he should have the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back