2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep working at it Dan. Not digging any of them..... (Yes, I am an enabler)

That top blue and yellow one Dan is freaking sharp looking. That will be awesome if they allow full customization again.

Side Note: That black oxide finish does begin to wear off after playing them for awhile, just a thought. I'd probably still go with it anyways, just love the look.

Best bang for the buck!

Been checking out putters this morning also. I believe that NC has not been confirmed as of yet...with that said the NC Sub 30 Type 50 and Cleveland T-Frame are both up my alley. Really hoping to make the move to a mallet putter this go around. They just seem more stable for me.

So much product release yet to come out that it is hard not to get ahead of yourself but gladly I can at least gander at the Altitude irons and luckily spend some quality time with the RTX wedge.
I am a big fan of the NC Sub 30 Type 50. Love that putter. Have been eyeing a few on ebay for cheap~!

I was looking through the shaft options that could be available and the Oban Kyoshi looks to be an offering. Really enjoy the Oban shafts

I was looking through the shaft options that could be available and the Oban Kyoshi looks to be an offering. Really enjoy the Oban shafts
I have no experience with Oban shafts myself. Heard nothing be great things though.

Personally I'm really intrigued by the stock offerings on the Razr FIT Xtreme though, that might be what I'm most impressed with about that driver.

Dang Freddie, Callaway has an amazing ambassador, congrats on the callaway sponsorship! Morgan Cup 2013 FTW!

So honored to be able to use these putters at the Morgan Cup 2013!! They have changed my stroke and game and now I will be able to show it off!!

also very excited to begin my sponsorship with SeeMore for the Morgan Cup in 2013.
it will be my first experience with SeeMore and I cannot wait to see where it takes me after hearing so many amazing things from THP and elsewhere.
really looking forward to it!

also very excited to begin my sponsorship with SeeMore for the Morgan Cup in 2013.
it will be my first experience with SeeMore and I cannot wait to see where it takes me after hearing so many amazing things from THP and elsewhere.

It's going to change your game boss. Seriously.

Cobra just gained a great staffer in Tyno. He's about to get his AMP on!

thanks JN. activate AMP starting now.

Tyno and I talked a lot about the 2013 Cobra offerings on our trip from Ohio. I know he will certainly be comfortable with everything they offer.

sure did. so many options, so many great combinations...we are sure to have some interesting convos leading up to choosing what we're offered and without a doubt, we'll be given quite the arsenal.

Certainly excited to see all that cobra has to offer. I hit their amp cell woods line better than anything I have in that one range session. Their stuff is solid performers! Good luck all!

iPad tapping!

thanks JN. activate AMP starting now.

sure did. so many options, so many great combinations...we are sure to have some interesting convos leading up to choosing what we're offered and without a doubt, we'll be given quite the arsenal.

I want to have convos too! I am in!

Certainly excited to see all that cobra has to offer. I hit their amp cell woods line better than anything I have in that one range session. Their stuff is solid performers! Good luck all!

iPad tapping!

I am beyond excited. The first major OEM driver I bought with my own money was a cobra. It is now in the bag of my wife. I have been eager to try out their stuff again for quite some time and now I will have that chance!

Last edited:
Just a reminder to participants. The threads that say "Welcome to the Morgan Cup" and feature one of the sponsoring companies will be closing soon. If you would like to banter about the company or sponsor, choose what you will be discussing and use an appropriate thread on the subject. Thank you.

Thanks guys....just playing around and seeing what sticks. Trying to keep up with Canadan!

Tnolan - we are looking forward to helping. Going to be fun!

You are going to fall in love

Question for you guys

Wedges: Do you anticipate using the same combo from a degree standpoint that you are currently gaming?

We are all mostly creatures of habit, but Im curious if guys will look to experiment more through this process. Seems alot of guys use the 50/54/58 combo, or the 52/56/60...or even the Thainer. But wanted to see what kind of thoughts you guys had in regards to this assuming your sponsor has the majority of options available (or u have to bend).

Question for you guys

Wedges: Do you anticipate using the same combo from a degree standpoint that you are currently gaming?

We are all mostly creatures of habit, but Im curious if guys will look to experiment more through this process. Seems alot of guys use the 50/54/58 combo, or the 52/56/60...or even the Thainer. But wanted to see what kind of thoughts you guys had in regards to this assuming your sponsor has the majority of options available (or u have to bend).

last year i switched to 48/52/56 - that combo worked really well for me. it will be tough for me not to stick with that, but i will have lots of options this year and it's possible that i throw in a set gap wedge this year and maybe go 2 wedges. we shall see once i start some serious testing/fitting of the Cobra line.
but, again...IMO there's no reason in my game to go above 56* and i more than likely will stick to those guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back