What's your favorite "go to" Driver Shaft

Speeder FW VC 8.2x, Driver VC 7.1x - IMO: Always a good fit for stronger players

I would say either the Proforce V2, 75 x flex, or the Prolaunch Blue x flex, both are timelessly great shafts

This one! (Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s as pictured below).

download.jpg

My favorite shaft so far has been the Diamana D+ in 70g. love the way it feels and holds up to my swing really well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say I have a "go to" driver shaft, but my 2014 Hand Crafted Granddady Shaft would be as close as it gets!

My Project X Handcrafted LZ60 is unbelievable... I fell in love with it instantly and it has given me amazing results in my 815.

I also love the Diamana D+ White 70... this has worked well for me in a few different heads.

The Speeder 661 in my R15 is pure beast mode at the minute. I can't imagine it getting much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does anybody keep the stock shaft in their driver, I have found for myself that the stock shafts are much softer than their flex indicates, I think that after market shafts are much more durable and truer to their flex

Never been fit for a driver shaft so just based on results seen on the course I really like the Blacktie that I had in my 815 alpha and love the whiteboard in my J715

I gotta say, I had never hit them before I was fit into my R15, but I absolutely LOVE the Graphite Design shafts. I have the DI-6s in my R15, the DI-7s in my AeroBurner TP 3 wood and the BB-6s in my M1. For me, the shafts are so smooth & consistent.

My M1 became an absolute monster with the BB-6s in it. It brought my spin and overall ball flight down. Nothing but bullets off the tee now and I can hit it higher when I want, but it still goes a long way.

I've had good luck in the X2Hot Pro and the 815 DBD heads with a D+ White 72g. But it didn't work for me in the XR at all.

I can hit the Voodoo shafts in pretty much anything. If I'm just wanting to put a shaft in to try a driver or sell it it, the cheap ProLaunch Red works good.

Jack

The last three drivers I have installed a Diamana ilima shaft, I usually start there and then try other shafts.

I love the Red tie,I get along well with it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I can hit the Voodoo shafts in pretty much anything. If I'm just wanting to put a shaft in to try a driver or sell it it, the cheap ProLaunch Red works good.

Jack
I agree the prolaunch red and blue work very well, the blue works with a lower degree head with its high flight

If I have to choose one it would be the Matrix Red Tie. Have had it in numerous clubs and always really enjoyed it.

I use Fujikura low launch driver shafts. This is an area where I am going to have serious issues, I love to try new stuff and the shafts can get pricy! I don't care, this year I am going to try a lot of them and dial my driver in even more. If we have the design your own shaft activity again this year, I want to attend because it sounds so fun and I want to hang with our members!

Project X Hzrdus THP Green shaft... (i was told it will be the new Hzrdus Red coming out later this year). Haven't even hit it yet, but i'll make it work somehow.

does anybody keep the stock shaft in their driver, I have found for myself that the stock shafts are much softer than their flex indicates, I think that after market shafts are much more durable and truer to their flex

I don't play with the stock shafts, and agree they feel softer (as they are usually profiled for a more universal mid-bend point). But, it also varies so much between manufactures as well. For example, I love OBAN, but their Stiff Flex 04 feels more like other companies Extra Stiff. That could just be the Oban White being boardier than the other lines, but shows you really have to test them out and open to flex when getting fitted, and not go in thinking you only play are certain stiffness and forcing it to work.

The shaft I won in a THP contest. Matrix Reign Black G-60T. Keep trying others when I get a chance but nothing has dethroned it.

Not sure about the "go to" status but currently using, liking the Aldila Rogue Black S in my SLDR.
Noticed a vast improvement over the stock Speeder 57.
Sticking with that for now.

I've got this pretty cool custom Project X shaft that is going to be my "go to" for a long time.
b8374874d9ffe8da6f496930e25ece0e.jpg

Last edited:
Still the Aldila Tour Green. I have 2 of their Rogue silver shafts that are supposed to be an upgrade and for my swing, they don't feel as stable as the Tour Green. I've swapped them out on my 815 DBD, XR, and X2 Hot Pro driver heads and the Tour Green wins every time for feel and stability. I play the Tour Green in all 3 of my woods currently. I'm hoping the HZRDUS Black that arrives tomorrow with a Cobra LTD Pro head will be my new "go to" shaft.

The Tour ADDI 6 worked really well for me......I am really thinking I need to go do another driver fitting and see what works best now

Back