2014 #TheGrandaddy Recap & Memories

Oh man I loved following along with you guys, but what could be better? Experiencing for myself :D. I think the Jmans team needs some international flavour this year and im willing to take the 12 hour flight and help Jman take over the holding of that belt. #3inarow, ha I don't think so Finley.

You and me both lopsta

Remember this table at miguels? Trying not to be creepy as people are sitting there

6120c7140688cd15d3f5778babc7400c.jpg

fe24ca9c6ac410c4113339c4b26f6594.jpg

Seems to me like I do remember that table....

I know I remember the free cheese!

I think ate my weight in the cheese.

I think ate my weight in the cheese.
Pretty sure I just did. I liked that the waiter asked if we wanted more. I mean was he expecting us to say no?

Pretty sure I just did. I liked that the waiter asked if we wanted more. I mean was he expecting us to say no?

It wouldn't be polite to refuse. Even for a New Yorker.

It wouldn't be polite to refuse. Even for a New Yorker.
Never turn down free cheese. Carved in stone somewhere I'm sure.

Just in case any of you forgot, this happened and will happen again this year. My friend James Miles will break the Zoocrew hold on the belt but promises to continue the fun.

I worked on my sand game yesterday working off a tip Roger Cleveland gave me. Still one of the best parts of my trip. I don't mind dunking one in the trap anymore.

I worked on my sand game yesterday working off a tip Roger Cleveland gave me. Still one of the best parts of my trip. I don't mind dunking one in the trap anymore.

I completely agree, his tips are gold!
I thank Roger every time I escape the beach!

It's so true. When I asked Mr. Cleveland ("Call me Roger." Oh, I don't think so Mr. Cleveland....) which bounce and grinds would work for me; and he took me right over to the short game area, he liked my technique (shocking to me) from the turf. Then suggested we head down to the bunker. I barely was addressed to the ball when he stepped in "no, no, no. Wider stance, square to the target, flare your front foot, 75% - 80% of your weight on the front foot, swing around your body and never quite turn your hands over." In 5 seconds, he taught me a consistent way of hitting bunker shots; and in 3 swings from the turf, gave me the confidence in my ability heading into my matches. My short game kept me in those matches (a complete 180 from how I normally play golf) and it's a shame I haven't been able to work on what he showed me since.

Jman: while directed at me, the message remains the same for you and is quite clear.

Get 'er done!

e2a8899cada5caec56e297371fc3c14d.jpg

Freaking Arnie.

Mr. Palmer!

Not gonna lie, anything from Arnold Palmer would be ridiculous.

Can't even imagine if he was in Carlsbad at the same time of the Grandaddy and just happened to show up. Pretty sure all the non Callaway employees would die

"Thank you Roger Cleveland"... It worked then and it continues to work to this day. His bunker lesson was gold!

Watching THPers get instruction from Roger Cleveland was very cool. Still remember the first time I heard that was going to happen. Just awesome. Spoke a LOT about #TheGrandaddy this past week and have some pure gold that will launch the new thread soon.

Watching THPers get instruction from Roger Cleveland was very cool. Still remember the first time I heard that was going to happen. Just awesome. Spoke a LOT about #TheGrandaddy this past week and have some pure gold that will launch the new thread soon.
Yussssssss!

Can't imagine how awesome it was to be there experiencing Roger Cleveland(the stories and everyone sharing their experiences are my favorite) , The Hideaway, and all Callaway has to offer.... But I sure loved all the coverage I saw that give me a bit of a glimpse of it all..... And to think it's gonna happen again in less than 9 months when Jman and Team will take down the #ZooCrew.....Just fun to think about and something to look forward to. Just another reason to add to the list of reasons I'm glad @drp3434 encouraged me to join THP. #HaventLookedBack. ?

Had a little Wedgeucation with Roger this week at his home course, Chicago Golf Club. What a treat. But first, #LetMeTakeASelfie
069313a7da6eae2fcc82f5f447852627.jpg
642d375124ec7e216d1424707b529bf6.jpg
075ceb202fd1a7b7b17866eda325a279.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were missed when we were out there this past week. Some very interesting coverage shot.

I know many are coming in this thread, looking for the answer to an entry for their 2015 #TheGrandaddy entry.

I want to do a couple things.
One, I want to wish everyone the best of luck in your quest to be named to #TeamRedemption!

Two, as a #TeamBasementDweller member I want to say how much this event still means to me.
I want to thank Callaway, The ZooCrew, and my teammates for providing me with a lifetime of smiles and memories!
From the smallest detail, to the amazing gear everything is over the top awesome!

I am still in awe of this incredible event, and to my teammates, Callaway, ZooCrew, THP, and everyone else who had any part in this event, I want to thank you.

Yes, it did get a little dusty watching that video again.

Thanks again everyone who made this happen, and provided incredible support on the forum during the event.

Thank you.

Bumping in case anyone need motivation for the new contest that was just launched!

Back