You know you're not making par if...

- I'm on a par3

- I'm on my 4th stroke and still looking for yardage marks

- I have to ask, is this a par5?

- I'm counting strokes but haven't yet reached the green

- And finally, I'm putting and then realize no one else on the green is in my group

.......when the beer cart girl hands you a cold beer and says "You are going to need this"

^ Guilty!

You are on your third shot with a 5-iron on a 340 yard par 4.

Did that last Sunday :banghead:

- I'm on a par3

- I'm on my 4th stroke and still looking for yardage marks

- I have to ask, is this a par5?

- I'm counting strokes but haven't yet reached the green

- And finally, I'm putting and then realize no one else on the green is in my group

Thanks, everyone is looking at me now.

...you're hitting 5 on a par 5 with 450 yards left. :beat-up:

Had that happen a few months ago after pulling my tee ball into the woods and then duck hooking the re-tee into the super rough! Not a good round, that one...

.................you start using your wedge as a putter.
Played a few weeks ago and a guy in the group was struggling more than I've ever seen anyone do on the greens. He got that desperate he started using damn near every club in his bag, other than his putter, to putt.

On a side note, something I regularly do is practice putting with my 58* wedge. If ever my stroke feels like it's about to go to crap I find a little time doing this helps immeasurably.

...you snap hook it straight over the trees into the roadway that you never thought would remotely be in play. You watch your ball bounce down the roadway, effortlessly.

"You do know there is water protecting the front of that green?"

Says the course member after I hit my layup shot during my first round ever on the course!

You are hitting 3 off the tee after slicing your first ob, then hooking that 3rd one into trees on a longish par 5, then punching out of said trees but topping it and it only going about 50mtrs, wedge and putt were good though to record a 7.

You carry all of the water off the tee only to land in thigh high grass and shrubs and lose your ball.

After hitting my best driver in the center of the fairway. Seems I always blow the approach shot.

when you hit your second shot from behind a tree and the ball stays stuck in the branches...

did this last week :(

You blade a sand wedge 150 yds.

when wou push slice your drive into the woods

You're lying birdie and don't have a club that can reach the green.

... your playing partners are having side bets on whether you'll be over/under 8 for this hole.

....you tee off and hear "oooooooooh plays tough from THERE".
....you tee off, turn, and your playing partners are already holding balls out for you to hit 3.
....you tee off at an unfamiliar course and hear "oooooooh, I didn't think you could reach that water".

I've had all of these in a round. Not my finest day.
All those comments sound like they could be from the smart*** "friends" I play with!Lol

...I'm standing on the tee box.

No, that was it. Nothing follows.

some of this stuff is ha larry us

If your name is Angelo Spagnolo

google him If you have never heard of him

You manage to get the ball on the green in 2 (on a par 4), but you are 40ft from the hole. After a mis hit, you are still left with 20ft for your par.

When you plug in the bunker to where you can probably only see a nickel's worth of the ball....Thanks Trophy Club of Atlanta

When you try to fade your the shot away from water on the left and end up slicing it all the way to the #16 tee box (from the 18th tee)

I pulled that off yesterday. I have a tendency to always put the ball deep in the rough on the left close to the water with my 4w because you can't aim right due to narrow fairway entrance. Decided to aim left and fade it, instead I sliced it over 70 yards off line lol. Epic fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back