You know you're not making par if...

I know Im not making par if..... my dirve lands in a tree, my drive lands OB, I flub my iron shots, I catch my wedges thin, I 3 putt.
Basically I know im not going to make par if..... I'M GOLFING.

When you hit either a nearby bush or a condo off the tee.

I keep my own score. I always make par! Sometimes Birdies!

. . . you stop the beer cart girl and she says.."The marshal said I have to cut you off, you should try a Gatorade".

... are chipping for double (or maybe it was triple...)

...your drive cracks off a tree and ends up behind the tee. Happened to me yesterday and scrambled for a double.

The maintenance cart drives over your ball in the rough after you hit his tire.

...your ball bounces down the street..........the street that is on the other side of the fence.

....you are pulling out the last ball from a new sleeve to use on the same hole because the other 2 have decided, "Its too hot today, let's go for a swim!"

Hitting 3 from the tee...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

you show up must minutes before your tee time without any warmup.

.... I start calling my ball names while it's still in flight off the tee

This happens uploadfromtaptalk1379644912855.jpg before the ball even hits the ground today...

FYI it was my girlfriends second shot, not my ball :clap:

you hit your second shot and you realize....it wasn't your ball..... Whoops!

If you see a guy with "counting beads" on his belt, you can be sure HE isn't making par.

Not making par....

2nd shot hit on the hosel (hozzel)!!!

Your tee shot goes backwards (happened twice) your tee shot or any shot for the matter goes bouncing down the road next to the hole.

If I hit 2 poor shots on any hole I'm not making par. You have a decent chance to recover from 1 but 2 pretty much guarantees bogey or worse.

moosejaa;n3482260 said:
If I hit 2 poor shots on any hole I'm not making par. You have a decent chance to recover from 1 but 2 pretty much guarantees bogey or worse.
All depends on how one defines "poor". I've always heard any par is the result of at least 1 good shot. I can envision a hole where I've made two, how shall we call them, less than stellar shots and still made par. It's all subjective though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If it’s the first hole of your first THP event.

You’re doing great if you get off the tee then:)

If before the shot you're thinking all I have to do is get up and down from here for par. And you're standing 220 yards out at the time.

Back