Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

These things are spinning like crazy for me. It was like I was pulling a string with my old wedges. Can't wait to see how it is with the MD3's.

Played this ball during our matches this weekend at the kickoff classic. Felt way better than my ball. Stopped on a dime on the greens too!

Quick update on my issue. A very helpful woman named Jeanie I believe called my about my issue. They got the two balls plus the third from the sleeve and I just got a dozen of the 2016 chromesofts delivered to me today. Callaway as usual is awesome, they really didn't have to do that, I honestly just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.
Since I have found both the Super Soft and the Chrome Soft to split in the Simulator (A Taylor Made Tour Prefered last week as well), I have been pounding the new 2016 Chrome Softs and have yet to have one split. At a local Golf show we had the simulator set up for closest to the pin. I only had the New Chrome Softs for play and it was a true acid test. Not a one split! So maybe the issue has been solved, if they even knew there was one. As nearest we can figure the sudden stopping of a ball spinning at 9000 rpm, hitting the screen,, is tearing them open. BTW, I like new version in all aspects of play.

I'll get to try the Chrome Soft out this year, as I get a coupon for a free dozen with my purchase of the Colorado Avid Golfer Passport. Just have to swing by Colorado Ski and Golf next time I'm in Denver. Looking forward to trying them.

I used TM Project (a) last year and like them a lot. Still have about a dozen left.

Since I have found both the Super Soft and the Chrome Soft to split in the Simulator (A Taylor Made Tour Prefered last week as well), I have been pounding the new 2016 Chrome Softs and have yet to have one split. At a local Golf show we had the simulator set up for closest to the pin. I only had the New Chrome Softs for play and it was a true acid test. Not a one split! So maybe the issue has been solved, if they even knew there was one. As nearest we can figure the sudden stopping of a ball spinning at 9000 rpm, hitting the screen,, is tearing them open. BTW, I like new version in all aspects of play.

I tried a different sleeve last weekend and didn't have the issue so it might just be a certain batch. I can't wait to test out the 2016's tomorrow.

Played this today in high winds. It seemed to handle it well. I do like the way it checks up on the greens, very little if any roll out. Works well off the putter. This may be my gamer for this year. :clapp:

Good looking dog!!!

cracked at least one (2015) in my swing box. Stopped hitting them into the box after that.

cracked at least one (2015) in my swing box. Stopped hitting them into the box after that.
Have never had any issues on course though. Has to be the sudden stop of spin against the screen.

I still love this ball but I did run into a rather annoying issue yesterday at the golf SIM.
12694662_1122103141133778_5855424854837284730_o_zps0wstmlv9.jpg

Both balls were from the same sleeve so I am hoping it is just a bad sleeve. Both balls were new when I hit them and both were cracked with my XR driver on center/close to center face hits. Both balls had less than a round's worth of hits when they cracked. I'd like to think it was my swing changes that allowed me to generate a lot more power but I highly doubt that. First time I have had this issue with any ball.

Glad to see im not the only one that has had these split open. I have had at least 6 split open and of the two 2016 versions both have split open.

Have seen this happen a lot with the 3 piece ball. Haven't seen it yet with the 2016 4 piece construction. Could the ball have to low of a compression for the construction?

Wilson's duo's range from 29-55 on the new urethane ball, but haven't seen that yet?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Just picked up a dozen of the last years model on sale.
They are great balls but the new 2016 version is significantly better in my opinion!

Have seen this happen a lot with the 3 piece ball. Haven't seen it yet with the 2016 4 piece construction. Could the ball have to low of a compression for the construction?

Wilson's duo's range from 29-55 on the new urethane ball, but haven't seen that yet?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The duo doesn't split but it bulges instead.
9d16c58a2779d7c6b5da2c01198962ea.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Played 18 with this ball today. It was great from 65 yards in!!! Actually spun one back about 3 feet today!!! :clapp: I don't think I had one roll out more than 3 feet today so was very happy.

Back