Project X HZRDUS Shaft Thread

Didn't change my swing or approach on the ball. My swing speed is between 100-105. Compared to the Ad-Di I was seeing a lower ball flight. I did turn on it once and usually end up losing the ball right, however ball was right down the middle and LONG.

Definitely want to get this out in optimal conditions with less wind.

Thanks, that's good to know. My SS is a little slower but still hovers in the 100 range but now I'm even more excited to get mine.

Thanks, that's good to know. My SS is a little slower but still hovers in the 100 range but now I'm even more excited to get mine.
So I read that the previous LZ shadts were supposed to be for guys that want faster ball speed and that this hzrdus shaft is for those who want to lower their spin.

Given a ball speed of 150 mph and launch angle of 14-16*, would this shaft be good?

Or would the LZ shaft be better to further increase ball speed?

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

So I read that the previous LZ shadts were supposed to be for guys that want faster ball speed and that this hzrdus shaft is for those who want to lower their spin.

Given a ball speed of 150 mph and launch angle of 14-16*, would this shaft be good?

The hzrdus doesn't have the loading zone so this and the LZ shafts are different type of shafts. The hzrdus black is designed for golfers with an aggressive swing that doesn't want to lose the control, see Maynard's comment about getting after one and it not missing right like he normally doesn't with that type of swing. I have an aggressive transition which is the reason I want to give this one a go.

The hzrdus is going to lower launch and spin. Based on ball speed it would be hard to say which one works better. What type of swing do you have? Also what are you looking to accomplish will determine what direction to go.

Whew. I don't need lower flight. So that settles that.

The hzrdus doesn't have the loading zone so this and the LZ shafts are different type of shafts. The hzrdus black is designed for golfers with an aggressive swing that doesn't want to lose the control, see Maynard's comment about getting after one and it not missing right like he normally doesn't with that type of swing. I have an aggressive transition which is the reason I want to give this one a go.

The hzrdus is going to lower launch and spin. Based on ball speed it would be hard to say which one works better. What type of swing do you have? Also what are you looking to accomplish will determine what direction to go.
I've been told I have a pretty violent transition. Lol. I generally have a slow back swing and once I get to the top, I just go right after it.

Without the purposeful slower back swing, I'm way to quick.

I would recommend demoing the LZ and HZRDUS shaft side by side preferably with a good fitter. I'm not a fan of the LZ shafts but I love the feel of the HZRDUS. A big factor is how you load the shaft at the top, for me the LZ shaft, even in a 6.5, feels unstable while the HZRDUS in a 6.0 feels solid throughout the swing.

I've been told I have a pretty violent transition. Lol. I generally have a slow back swing and once I get to the top, I just go right after it.

Without the purposeful slower back swing, I'm way to quick.

this sounds like me some days. It's one of the things I have been working on to slow down backswings and smooth out the transition.

I would recommend demoing the LZ and HZRDUS shaft side by side preferably with a good fitter. I'm not a fan of the LZ shafts but I love the feel of the HZRDUS. A big factor is how you load the shaft at the top, for me the LZ shaft, even in a 6.5, feels unstable while the HZRDUS in a 6.0 feels solid throughout the swing.

I agree here with demoing them with a fitter. I haven't had many swings with the LZ shaft but in my recent experiences I have an idea of what works for me and I was able to get the hzrdus for a goo,specie.

You guys excited for Hzrdus Red?

CajdIhBUYAEQsnt.jpg:large

I kid you not, I would fight for one of those.

I would love to try out the hybrid version. Such a good looking shaft too.

I'd be okay with the hybrid option. Still looking to put my Green driver shaft into use.

I just won a HZRDUS shaft from Project X's Super Bowl contest! #Excited

My latest time on a monitor showed than my R15 is spinning too high, and maybe even launching too high. I think throwing a nice HZRDUS in there might be just the ticket to get a better flight.

Those red's....oh my oh my!

You guys excited for Hzrdus Red?

CajdIhBUYAEQsnt.jpg:large

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Yes.

Does THP have a full breakdown/review somewhere of the HZRDUS shaft lineup? How do the Yellow and Red differ from the Black?

Does THP have a full breakdown/review somewhere of the HZRDUS shaft lineup? How do the Yellow and Red differ from the Black?
Going from low to high launch goes black>yellow>red. Not sure of exact specs (which are on the shaft) but that's the biggest difference.

Here's Black and Yellow. I believe red is a step up in launch and probably some spin.

HZRDUS_FAQ_zpsarqmpwdd.png

I'll have a HZDRUS Black paired with the J715 in RTJ should anyone want to get a few swings.

The shaft I won is Hzrdus Black and I have to pick weight and flex. I don't know if I'm man enough for this shaft looking at the specs. Any thoughts on which shaft would be in my wheelhouse? Swing speed hovers between 105-108mph typically.

The shaft I won is Hzrdus Black and I have to pick weight and flex. I don't know if I'm man enough for this shaft looking at the specs. Any thoughts on which shaft would be in my wheelhouse? Swing speed hovers between 105-108mph typically.
It's a stiff profile for sure but very smooth imo. By that I mean it loads very consistently from tip to butt. I am right around 108 to 112 and I could game either 6.0 or 6.5 in 62g black. I do loft up to 10 from usual 9 though

I was thinking 6.0 for sure since they seem to be a little stiffer than advertised, but now the question is Yellow or Black? I am realizing I really need to up my shaft knowledge.

Back