Never had Buffalo Trace before tonight, Wowwww. For the price I don't think I've had anything better

This is my regular bourbon of choice, but is sometimes hard to find. There are some better, but, for the price, its a great value.

This is my regular bourbon of choice, but is sometimes hard to find. There are some better, but, for the price, its a great value.

There are a lot better, but the price definitely the best $20 I've had

This habit is starting to get out of hand

Makers Mark then American Honey!

This was my first honey flavored whiskey and its remained the best to me. Just a perfect balance of sweet and aged.

This habit is starting to get out of hand

Nah, that's still reasonable. Wife claims mine is out of hand, but then she's yet to complain about a cocktail.

woodford double oaked with a cube. going down easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, that's still reasonable. Wife claims mine is out of hand, but then she's yet to complain about a cocktail.

Haha I'm glad to hear it's not bad

Anybody try the Jefferson Reserve Groth Cask ?

I had it for the first time this weekend, thought it was very good. One of the better bourbons I've had

I had it for the first time this weekend, thought it was very good. One of the better bourbons I've had

Yes sir. Hickerad and I both have a bottle of it unless he's finished his haha. It's a very good bourbon for sure.

Yes sir. Hickerad and I both have a bottle of it unless he's finished his haha. It's a very good bourbon for sure.
Haha I still have it. It is very nice and smooth. Easy drinking and good either on the rocks or neat. Different flavors are noticable between neat and on the rocks. I would suggest trying it both ways and seeing what you like better.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Just ordered Stranahan's Colorado Whisky. Very excited to try it. Idk anyone who has tried I bu all reviews are glowing.

Haha I still have it. It is very nice and smooth. Easy drinking and good either on the rocks or neat. Different flavors are noticable between neat and on the rocks. I would suggest trying it both ways and seeing what you like better.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I've tried it both ways as well, like it equally as much neat as I do with 1 small ice cube.

Have you tried any of there other offerings ? I was thinking about giving the Ocean a try.

For everyone who likes elijah craig 12 year i guess they are going to a No Age statement small batch. i would go out and check your stores and read the back if it has a sentence that says it was aged for 12 years grab it. these are going to be no more, bummer i did like this.

I had never tried this but many have said it's one of the best values in all of whisky. I was on a desolate island in NC 2days ago and found a bottle still with the age statement for $22. When I got home that night my buddy and I polished off half the bottle. Needless to say I wish I bought more.

Just had Knob Creek for the 1st time very good. For it price not sure it's worth the more money than it cost for the Elijah Craig, Buffalo Trace

Glenlivet 12, Glenmorangie 10, 12. Glennfiddich 12, and of course Macallan 12. Brought to my liking from my father, I really enjoy the single malt. Maybe soon I can afford it :blob:

I might make some fancy ass bourbon and Coke Zero tonight with my Jeffersons reserve haha. Don't really have another option.

Hands down, the best bourbon I have ever had is Dry Fly Bourbon from a local distillery here in Spokane.
They have won lots of awards for all there products and I just love the bourbon.
All of their raw ingredients are local and purchased from no farther than 30 miles from town.

I didn't know they had a bourbon. I have tried their wheat whiskey. It was good for a new upstart fledgling company, albeit a bit pricey.......

1792 with one ice cube. I don't think there is a better bourbon on the market at that price point.

My top 5:

Bourbons:
1) Bulleit

2) Knob Creek

3) Jim Beam (4 yr.)

Ryes:

1) Bulleit

2) Jim Beam

Single Malt Scotch: 1) Aberlour

I didn't know they had a bourbon. I have tried their wheat whiskey. It was good for a new upstart fledgling company, albeit a bit pricey.......

The only make small batches of that release and they announce when it will be sold. There is always a long line iutside the distillery the day they start selling it to the public and is gone in a very short time.

Going to be watching this thread closely as I have just discovered that I really like this stuff ?

Going to be watching this thread closely as I have just discovered that I really like this stuff ?

It's a slippery slope my friend

Went to the town branch distillery and brew house in Lexington, Kentucky today, very cool distillery and brew house. Picked up a bottle of their single barrel only available at the distillery.

Also learned the reason behind the age being taken off of labels is because the maker must label the bottle based on whatever the youngest barrel used is in that bottle. So if you have a 4 yr old bottle in the mix of 100 or 1000 barrels to get the flavor your looking for it must be labeled as 4yr old bourbon.

So the wife got tired of my bottles on top of the fridge mind you it was only a couple. So we re-arranged some cabinets to put them away while doing so I made a list of what I got.

Bourbon list

Noah's mill
Bib & Tucker
Woodford Reserve
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Calumet Farm
Four Roses -Single Barrel
Russell's Reserve 10yr
J.R. Erving Private reserve
Town branch
Town branch- single barrel
Elijah Craig-Small Batch
Elijah Craig 12yr
Elijah Craig 12yr- Barrel Strength
Elijah Craig 18yr
Jefferson's
Lexington
Rock Hill Farms
Knob Creek 9yr
1792 Ridgemont Reserve
Blanton's
Benchmark
Henry McKenna- Single Barrel
Fighting Cock
Bakers
Eagle rare
Evan Williams - single barrel vintage
Jim beam Devils cut
Wild Turkey 101
Basil Hayden 8yr
Buffalo Trace
Makers 46
Makers VIP
Bookers
Jim Beam Black

Non-bourbon
Gentleman Jack
Jameson
Oyo
Jacob's ghost
Popcorn Sutton's
The Yamazaki 12 yr single malt
Crown Black
Bushmill 1608
Makers white
Bernheim Original
Everclear

I either have a problem or I'm not doing enough to support the bourbon industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back