TaylorMade M2 Irons Preview

Here's my unboxing video:

I saw Canes blast the 6i Demo that was sent to him. High, straight and Long
Yeah the first 3 swings felt really good. I was unsure with a regular shaft but the results passed the eye test. I'm looking to upgrade this summer and these are high on the list.

Yeah the first 3 swings felt really good. I was unsure with a regular shaft but the results passed the eye test. I'm looking to upgrade this summer and these are high on the list.

What would you compare the size/profile to?

What would you compare the size/profile to?
I had the Burner 2.0 irons but I think this 6i has a thicker top line and more offset leaning more towards a super game improvement club. I haven't tried Taylor made irons in a while but maybe closer to a Speedblade or Rocketballz from a few years back?

I just saw there's a tour model so I'll have to check that out too.

Man I wish they were doing the M2 trial here in Aus! Really keen to have a hit of these next to the PSi...

Unfortunately our pro shop only stocks Callaway, Titleist and Srixon so hitting on a sim at a big box is the only real option. Not the same as taking them out on course and grass.

Well I went from M2s to Callaway XR OSs thinking more distance same to me. Went back and looked at my stats with the M2s and my greens in reg was a lot better and score was the best in a long while.SO backs to and staying with M2s. They look better and not as big looking to me. i gained back my distance with these by a club which no other iron has done in the past for me. I was trading all the time, Thanks Taylormade, I am done

I have been trying to decide on a new set for the last few weeks and it had come down to the M2 tours vs the XR OS. Today after extensive testing I pulled the trigger and got the M2 tours. What it came down to for me was the ball flight. I tend to hit a lower ball flight throughout the bag and have struggled to stop the ball at the other end. I am really impressed with the peak height and descent angle I was seeing today and I can't wait to get the set in my bag in the next few days and go try them out on the course. I will have to do some gap testing though because the 7,6, and 5 irons were carrying so much further than my current gamers it will take some getting used to.

I haven't made made a post here in about two years but I always read the reviews and comments on stuff when I'm in ponder mode. Thanks THP and all you hackers, I love what you guys are doing here. I can always come here for some no nonsense real world opinions.

Just a question regarding the comparison of the xr os against the m2 tour.
I thought the xr os were super game improvement, and the m2 tours were only a semi game improvement?
I would have thought the m2 standard would even be not as max game improvement as the xr os?
your thoughts appreciated

I have been trying to decide on a new set for the last few weeks and it had come down to the M2 tours vs the XR OS. Today after extensive testing I pulled the trigger and got the M2 tours. What it came down to for me was the ball flight. I tend to hit a lower ball flight throughout the bag and have struggled to stop the ball at the other end. I am really impressed with the peak height and descent angle I was seeing today and I can't wait to get the set in my bag in the next few days and go try them out on the course. I will have to do some gap testing though because the 7,6, and 5 irons were carrying so much further than my current gamers it will take some getting used to.

I haven't made made a post here in about two years but I always read the reviews and comments on stuff when I'm in ponder mode. Thanks THP and all you hackers, I love what you guys are doing here. I can always come here for some no nonsense real world opinions.

Yeah that's the way I understand it as well. I had been trying new irons for weeks, pondering numerous sets. M2, and M2 tours, OS XR, Apex CF16, XR PRO, Titleist AP2. It came down to the M2 tours and the OS XR for some crazy reason I felt those two stood out to me and just matched my swing. I'm capable of some god awful swings and I want all the forgiveness I can get to help the toe hits but I still want an iron I feel is playable. On a good day I make a lot of good swings too, I'm not a long hitter but I hit the ball pretty straight and when I practice like I should I shoot in the mid 80's. Those M2 tours launch the ball so high and send it out there so easily I just felt as though it was easy to hit it far, so I could swing softer. I always play better when my back hurts or it's windy because I swing softer. I can't wait to play with them when they get here tomorrow!

Did you find the profile much smaller than the m2 or Xrpro
I have also been looking at these, but they are not available in Australia for some reason.but they have pricked my interest enough to maybe order blind from the states.
Yeah that's the way I understand it as well. I had been trying new irons for weeks, pondering numerous sets. M2, and M2 tours, OS XR, Apex CF16, XR PRO, Titleist AP2. It came down to the M2 tours and the OS XR for some crazy reason I felt those two stood out to me and just matched my swing. I'm capable of some god awful swings and I want all the forgiveness I can get to help the toe hits but I still want an iron I feel is playable. On a good day I make a lot of good swings too, I'm not a long hitter but I hit the ball pretty straight and when I practice like I should I shoot in the mid 80's. Those M2 tours launch the ball so high and send it out there so easily I just felt as though it was easy to hit it far, so I could swing softer. I always play better when my back hurts or it's windy because I swing softer. I can't wait to play with them when they get here tomorrow!

The profile of the XRPRO and the M2 tour is very similar from what I can remember. It's hard to say exactly what it is but the way the M2 tour sits behind the ball it just inspires confidence. My clubs didn't come in today but they should be here tomorrow and maybe I can get a picture comparing the two for you. That sucks they haven't released them in OZ but maybe if Jason Day keeps dominating the game like this then all that could change.
If you're interested in side by side pics of the two irons let me know and I'll make it happen.

Would be very interested in the side by side if at all possible.
The profile of the XRPRO and the M2 tour is very similar from what I can remember. It's hard to say exactly what it is but the way the M2 tour sits behind the ball it just inspires confidence. My clubs didn't come in today but they should be here tomorrow and maybe I can get a picture comparing the two for you. That sucks they haven't released them in OZ but maybe if Jason Day keeps dominating the game like this then all that could change.
If you're interested in side by side pics of the two irons let me know and I'll make it happen.

Got fit for the M2's 5-GW. Went in and really didn't plan on these. Was looking way more at the M2 Tour's, CF 16's and a few others but the numbers don't like. The M2's were the best club for me. Was able to pick them up on Sunday, haven't gotten them out yet. They are a little bigger than what I was looking for but not as big as I thought. Can't wait to get them out on the course this weekend!

would be very interested in your feedback.
what were you using prior?
Got fit for the M2's 5-GW. Went in and really didn't plan on these. Was looking way more at the M2 Tour's, CF 16's and a few others but the numbers don't like. The M2's were the best club for me. Was able to pick them up on Sunday, haven't gotten them out yet. They are a little bigger than what I was looking for but not as big as I thought. Can't wait to get them out on the course this weekend!

Can't post pictures, too stupid. Send me your email?

would be very interested in your feedback.
what were you using prior?

I will definitely be posting my thoughts. I came from an interesting combo set of Speedblades (5-7) and Apex (8-GW).

dbc830de6d7f6e694804cffd48c99efc.jpg
7b2573ae35814a82758fa00b3a3af18d.jpg
d169af20025f35374444f83bfc9623d2.jpg
36cf597f6f3a4583412077de59f9fcbc.jpg
b41d71dc804060e99cb8c2ab00bc2334.jpg

It seems like the top line is thinner on the M2 you can sorta see it almost taper down on the shot where you are looking at the toe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you hit these against the xrpro's?
and does it seem beefier?

Yes I have hit them side by side and the feel of the two was quite similar to me but in the M2 was just better. Hard to describe what is was exactly but I really like the numbers I got from the M2. I just picked up the full set today and I have never been more excited to go play.

I'm jealous :)
please let us know your initial thoughts after a round or 2.
Yes I have hit them side by side and the feel of the two was quite similar to me but in the M2 was just better. Hard to describe what is was exactly but I really like the numbers I got from the M2. I just picked up the full set today and I have never been more excited to go play.

I'm jealous :)
please let us know your initial thoughts after a round or 2.

They are incredible, simply incredible! I can't wait to play again tomorrow but I'm going to need to get some sleep first. I will make a post with more details as soon as I get some time.

I have had the M2 tour irons for about 3 weeks now and have around 12 rounds on them. I really love them. With xp95 shaft they area great pairing for me.
Will they jump at times, sure they will, are they as pretty at address as the muiras were, heck no. But all around I love them.
A few THP'ers will get the chance to hit them this weekend and I think they will be very surprised buy these irons

How are you finding the distance with these compared to your previous clubs?
I have had the M2 tour irons for about 3 weeks now and have around 12 rounds on them. I really love them. With xp95 shaft they area great pairing for me.
Will they jump at times, sure they will, are they as pretty at address as the muiras were, heck no. But all around I love them.
A few THP'ers will get the chance to hit them this weekend and I think they will be very surprised buy these irons

How are you finding the distance with these compared to your previous clubs?
They longer than the miuras but that was not only because of the heads but the muiras have 120 gram shafts in them.
Set before that was apex cf16 with recoil 110. Distance is pretty close but for m2 tours are just a smidge longer.
I think with the same shafts they would be equal distance.
I just prefer the look of the m2 tours but that is 100 percent personal opinion and I am probably in the minority on that here

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I know there are a million reasons for not asking the question, but what distance are you seeing with a 7 iron for example?
They longer than the miuras but that was not only because of the heads but the muiras have 120 gram shafts in them.
Set before that was apex cf16 with recoil 110. Distance is pretty close but for m2 tours are just a smidge longer.
I think with the same shafts they would be equal distance.
I just prefer the look of the m2 tours but that is 100 percent personal opinion and I am probably in the minority on that here

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back