The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of tact.

Also, I'm craving donuts, but I shall not give in.

im craving just about anything right now

Lack of tact.

Also, I'm craving donuts, but I shall not give in.

I had "amish donuts" last night at a local fair. Holy crap they were amazing, they tasted like Krispy Kreme on steroids and were the size of your head.

I had "amish donuts" last night at a local fair. Holy crap they were amazing, they tasted like Krispy Kreme on steroids and were the size of your head.

I was informed recently that Sarasota has a large amish community. Well it turns out they own two restaurants. One is Yoders. It has been featured on Man vs Food as having some of the best pies around. I have yet to try it but will soon. The other is called Der Dutchmen. It is a buffet. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the Amish food you can eat and apparently it is fantastic. So fantastic that the average wait is about an hour on the weekends for breakfast or dinner. I must have it. It is calling my name.

I may have to join you. To be honest, I never knew amish food was supposed to be something special, but after the taste I had last night I would love to try it again.

I knew you had a little Iowa in you.

I may have to join you. To be honest, I never knew amish food was supposed to be something special, but after the taste I had last night I would love to try it again.

It really is. Great downhome good food.

I knew you had a little Iowa in you.

That's what she said. Wait, thats wrong.

I grew up between the QC and where my dad lives - a tiny Iowa farm town. They have places to tie up horse drawn buggies at the grocery store if that tells you anything. The Amish community does very well selling food and handcrafted furniture.

My 2 year old threw up 5 times last night. Between 12:30 and 3:30. Once all over bed. Once all over my bed. Once all over me. And twice into a bowl.

Thomas comes home today, this morning actually. No rest for the wicked.

Yikes. I'm deathly scared that my boy is going to get the baby sick. Sick babies make for worried dads and moms.

Ugh I hate being sick. I'm bored, can't sleep and every ounce of my body hurts. On top of that I am pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my neck/throat from coughing so much. I better start telling better tomorrow!

Boooo-urns, GG. Get better!!

Yikes. I'm deathly scared that my boy is going to get the baby sick. Sick babies make for worried dads and moms.

Oh no! That would be scary. My DIL has been so protective of her newborn. She freaked when a friend brought their toddler over, he was very cranky and then his mother realized later that he was very sick with a 103* fever. The baby never caught anything thank goodness. Newborns are so fragile.

Ugh I hate being sick. I'm bored, can't sleep and every ounce of my body hurts. On top of that I am pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my neck/throat from coughing so much. I better start telling better tomorrow!

So sorry you feel bad! Sounds like the flu...hope not!

Oh no! That would be scary. My DIL has been so protective of her newborn. She freaked when a friend brought their toddler over, he was very cranky and then his mother realized later that he was very sick with a 103* fever. The baby never caught anything thank goodness. Newborns are so fragile.

Yea they are. Luckily, he was sick two weeks before she was born, so I think we'll have a little time of good health. You never know with kids though!

I was informed recently that Sarasota has a large amish community. Well it turns out they own two restaurants. One is Yoders. It has been featured on Man vs Food as having some of the best pies around. I have yet to try it but will soon. The other is called Der Dutchmen. It is a buffet. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the Amish food you can eat and apparently it is fantastic. So fantastic that the average wait is about an hour on the weekends for breakfast or dinner. I must have it. It is calling my name.

Those must be Amish chain restaurants as we have both of those east of me.

Get better Morgan, ain't nobody got time for you being sick.

Feel better GG!

Those must be Amish chain restaurants as we have both of those east of me.

Ironically I believe each one has two locations, OH and FL.

Ironically I believe each one has two locations, OH and FL.

yep, been to the Dutchmen before, pretty good food!

You can say that again. Hawk, if you need to bounce anything off of me, just PM me.

I hope ya get well soon Morgan :thumb:

You can say that again. Hawk, if you need to bounce anything off of me, just PM me.

Thanks Ary! Pure parnoia right now. She's healthy as can be. I just know that eventually the boy will bring something home and I'm dreading it.

Got better Morgan.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I grew up between the QC and where my dad lives - a tiny Iowa farm town. They have places to tie up horse drawn buggies at the grocery store if that tells you anything. The Amish community does very well selling food and handcrafted furniture.
I love their banana bread!

Get better soon, GG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back