Breed on golf balls

I personally preferred the Titliest ball fitting over "the other one" because it was more thorough. I hit from wedge to driver outside on a range with a monitor than on a mat into a net with a computer.

tappin from my big as note2

I understand his push because of his sponsor duties. But I don't agree with him that the ProV is for everyone.

If you a give a ProV to a bunch of single indexes most could play it and be fine. Same ball to a bunch of 25+ and I bet only a couple see any beneficial difference.

Besides golf is costly enough with out loosing $4 a piece balls.

He's just making the most of his position to maximize his sponsorship. It annoys me too, but I understand his position and it doesn't surprise me.

I find it funny when ProV1 haters say how they love finding them in the woods, haha. Wait a minute, thought you hated that ball??

It's a great ball for sure, but it's not a great ball for everyone, that's absurd.

I find it funny when ProV1 haters say how they love finding them in the woods, haha. Wait a minute, thought you hated that ball??

I find them in range buckets about one of every three trips. I just hit it right back out there.

I haven't watched him too much lately, but of the dozen or so times I have watched this summer, he never once sang Titleist praises. I mean, not that it isn't clear who sponsors him on the show......titleist staff bags and all......just to show how serious he is about Titleist.

~Rock

He's a Titleist guy and their fitting criteria is working from the green back. What do you expect him to say? It is odd that Titleist kinda throws the other balls in their stable "under the bus." Velocity is strickly for distance and the NXT line is between distance and ProV. So who should play them? Someone willing to give up spin to save $?

I will say that @ my fitting they were tooting all their lines & even suggested something other than a ProV

I will say that @ my fitting they were tooting all their lines & even suggested something other than a ProV

I've only ever had a Bridgestone "Online" fitting, guess I need to do more. The ProV ball has done well for me in real world as has several others, suggesting which is best can be difficult at best, but I don't buy the hate just based on who it is.

I think Breed does a lot of great things for the game and tons of great tips and instruction, but you have to understand that he has sponsorship deals with Titliest, Golf Pride and SkyCaddie....when he talks about those items take it for what it's worth...a commercial endorsement.

Agree, Breed is a pitchman for the products listed in the above quote..........he is no different than the guy that pitches the "Sham-Wow" or that rubber-like stuff in a spray can to fix your leaky eves trough.

He is what he is, you can always change the channel...........

Funny is I just bought 6 new dz. B330 RX. Lol...I love those too. :D

I got kind of annoyed with him this week when he made the comment of how some people say they aren't good enough to play a Pro V1 and said in a really encouraging voice, that yes you are good enough to play a Pro V1. It just annoys me because for most high capper who fight a slice, a spinny ball is the worst thing for them.
If he wants to do Titleist commercials, that's cool but don't make a show that claims to want to help people play better and try to push a ball on them that they have no business playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I see nothing wrong with MB doing his thing on the GC. He is sponsored by the company, believes in the product and believes in what he does. He isn't paid to sound off on someone else's message about gear or balls. Now if he starts bashing the comp. then we have an issue. But pushing his product is fine.

I thought I was the only one.

Definitely not haha. I really don't have a problem with him or his show, but for some reason that grin of his just looks like he's a human Ken doll to me.

He's a Titleist guy and their fitting criteria is working from the green back...
So who should play them? Someone willing to give up spin to save $?

Yes. I'm sure plenty of people play a certain ball because of the price point.

I play ProV1 because of the feel off the putter and short game performance. I compress them well of the long clubs, but I'm the rare woman at the driving range working on ball contact rather than full swings until the bucket is empty. On the days I don't drive we'll, then I dig out the found ball stash of anything but distance rocks.

As someone else said, Breed doesn't bash the competition. I love his show and have learned from him regardless of who sponsors him.

Back