#THPCallOut - Grins, come out and get your whoopin!

2 weeks away from this!

I played my dad in match play yesterday. He is a former scratch golfer whose long game has plummeted due to age and a bad back. But get a wedge and putter in his hands and he is still dangerous. I gave him 9 strokes for this match. He was playing the senior tees and I was playing the blues.

My atrocious tee game made it impossible to take advantage of my length, I was hitting recovery shots for second shots all day long. Meanwhile my dad had a better day with his long clubs than he has had in a while. This resulted in my inability to take advantage of the holes that I was not giving strokes on, and working as hard as I could to push the holes he was getting strokes on. In the end I lost 3&2.

My lesson learned is that when giving strokes you have to take advantage of the holes you are starting even on. In this case that was 50% of the holes. Giving up strokes can seem daunting but it rarely will ever be more than half the holes you play.

I've been erratic with my golf game lately - some pretty good ball striking sprinkled in with just atrocious fats & tops, leading to 10 yard shots (obviously just like adding a stroke to the hole) & lost balls (mainly water hazards) that drive my score up. Very frustrating. Especially since on my sim league the last two 9s were 40/41. Of course, the sim doesn't have uneven lies, wind, bad lies, etc.

I'm working hard to become more consistent - if I can do this, I think I could be tough to beat. Otherwise, it'll be a long day (or a short one as I get closed out early).

One week from today this goes down!

Looking forward to it, brother!

My game is very Jeckyll-Hyde right now - hope I can bring the good stuff Saturday (that'd be bad for you in case you're wondering). I'll endeavor to imitate the Cavs & the Tribe & sweep the field with Michigan-based teams

#THPCallOut - Grins, come out and get your whoopin!

There's just one small problem with that. I don't give two craps about Michigan pro and college teams. The more apt comparison would be when you're Indians meet my Orioles. Like the Birds, I'm gonna be hitting bombs on you all day long and give you whiplash!!

Lots of callouts happening these days. Don't know how I missed this one. Sounds like a coin flip might decide this one. Good luck boys!!!

Dang I was going to go with Rob but giving up 8 strokes, I'll have to go with grins

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The match is begun. I'm giving strokes on holes one and eight on the front nine we push the first hole.

Hole 2 par four 350 yards 2 good drives into the fairway however Jeff has an unfortunate 10 cup moment on his second third and fourth shots and my bogey wins it so I'm up one

The weather has turned for the worse from the first round.

Hole 3 par 4 392. My drive goes OB right. Grins it's his third shot to within 10 feet. I missed the bogey putt and we're back to all square

Number 4 par 3 165. Grins goes OB right. I go OB left. I'm on with my 3rd and make a 15' putt to win the hole. Up 1.

Grins gets pops the next two holes.

Grins wins 5 with a net par all square again

Pro tip. Losing two in the water is not a good strategy when already giving a stroke. Grins net par beats my quad. Grins up 1.

I get it back on 7. All square again.

Grins in action.

e469a212d9183670e422ba8f425111e0.jpg

Keep it up guys!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Grins wins 8 with a net birdie. He's up 1.

The conditions here have degraded to the point where it's appropriate to call it Ohiotopia now.

I take 9 to continue the back and forth. All square again going to the back 9.

It's 49° and rainy so excuse the brief updates going forward.

Come on Grins

Grins net par wins hole 10.

He is also playing this round with no gloves. He is a badass.

I take 11 with a par. All square again.

We tied 12 but I got one on 13. I am one up playing 14

Grins wins 3&1. I fell apart in the rain and cold and he held steady. He earned this win for sure.

Back