Cure Putters Review Thread

Every time I roll it, it feels more right.

20150824_200130_zps2mlowm7p.jpg

Hello CURE guys, can you tell me will a different Insert give the RXi a different feel for the ball coming off the face?

I have the Brass insert and quite frankly it feels pretty dead. What I mean is there is no pop (or feel) to the ball, even with a firm stroke I struggled all day with getting the ball to the hole. Now it is new and will take some getting used to, but I would have thought it would be more of an issue of blowing them by instead of short all day with the weight of this Putter.

Thanks for your help

Yes it will.
In my opinion feel does not excel the ball however.
Time with the putter will. 50 or so putts and the rest kind of fall into place.

I agree about the feel part and I was trying to put into words what I was seeing and that was not real accurate.

Could just be time with the Putter as you say. Having tried other CURE Putters without an insert the ball seemed to come off the face hotter (maybe that is a better description than feel). In hindsight I wish I had went with the RX3F with no insert, then I could not blame my poor putting on the insert.

Yes it will.
In my opinion feel does not excel the ball however.
Time with the putter will. 50 or so putts and the rest kind of fall into place.

I agree about the feel part and I was trying to put into words what I was seeing and that was not real accurate.

Could just be time with the Putter as you say. Having tried other CURE Putters without an insert the ball seemed to come off the face hotter (maybe that is a better description than feel). In hindsight I wish I had went with the RX3F with no insert, then I could not blame my poor putting on the insert.

Other big difference between the RXi and the rest is the weight capability and it's why I went away from the RXi......I preferred more weight than it was capable of. Like you, I had an easier time with the speed on the non insert models.

I've had my RX2 through two rounds now and I'm growing more and more comfortable with this putter. The adjustability is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swapped shafts on them, now the RX1tour has the 3.0, can't wait to roll it this weekend!

I'm eyeing switching to a straight shaft. Has anyone gone offset to straight? I know everyone has different strokes but was wondering if you've seen better results and how it looked at address

Hello CURE guys, can you tell me will a different Insert give the RXi a different feel for the ball coming off the face?

I have the Brass insert and quite frankly it feels pretty dead. What I mean is there is no pop (or feel) to the ball, even with a firm stroke I struggled all day with getting the ball to the hole. Now it is new and will take some getting used to, but I would have thought it would be more of an issue of blowing them by instead of short all day with the weight of this Putter.

Thanks for your help

Jim, the aluminum insert has a little different feel and a brighter sound than the brass, but performs pretty comparably with the same stroke. The aluminum insert is also lighter so if you prefer the heavier weights, stick with the brass. If you expected to blow by the hole due to the higher weight, perhaps you were holding back a bit and just need to spend a little more time with the putter - the distance control will come. Good luck and let us know if we can help.
Thx

I'm eyeing switching to a straight shaft. Has anyone gone offset to straight? I know everyone has different strokes but was wondering if you've seen better results and how it looked at address

I recently made the switch but have only gamed the straight for one round.....early thoughts are that I'm happy with the move as I've always preferred a straight shaft to offset.

I recently made the switch but have only gamed the straight for one round.....early thoughts are that I'm happy with the move as I've always preferred a straight shaft to offset.

So you can swap out the shafts on this puppy too!? You could have a offset and a straight shaft and one could ride the bench while the other is hot or vice versa. What can't you do with this putter? :bulgy-eyes:

So you can swap out the shafts on this puppy too!? You could have a offset and a straight shaft and one could ride the bench while the other is hot or vice versa. What can't you do with this putter? :bulgy-eyes:

Yep...quick 2 minute job. Here's a photo I posted last week making the swap:

54d92ea3a883e6487ededbb19b9564d8.jpg

Yep...quick 2 minute job. Here's a photo I posted last week making the swap:

54d92ea3a883e6487ededbb19b9564d8.jpg

Wow pretty darn slick and sooooooo convenient! :clapp:

I have straight in both, I don't think the offset will go back in for me, it just looks so simple at address with the straight.

Thanks CURE for the info, I will give it some more work and see what happens.

Jim, the aluminum insert has a little different feel and a brighter sound than the brass, but performs pretty comparably with the same stroke. The aluminum insert is also lighter so if you prefer the heavier weights, stick with the brass. If you expected to blow by the hole due to the higher weight, perhaps you were holding back a bit and just need to spend a little more time with the putter - the distance control will come. Good luck and let us know if we can help.
Thx

20150831_144315_resized_zpsdede0b46.jpg

Just received my RX2. Trying to get a feel for it. On long putts I'm leaving most short but on short putts, I'm hitting it pass the whole.

Overall, I'm very impressed with how close I am lagging the long ones. As you can see, two 15 footers just short of the hole.

I'm hoping to take it out in the course on Friday.

Bill

20150831_144315_resized_zpsdede0b46.jpg

Just received my RX2. Trying to get a feel for it. On long putts I'm leaving most short but on short putts, I'm hitting it pass the whole.

Overall, I'm very impressed with how close I am lagging the long ones. As you can see, two 15 footers just short of the hole.

I'm hoping to take it out in the course on Friday.

Bill

Thanks Bill, please keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions.

Is there an ideal ball position, stance, grip, swing, etc... that Cure suggests?

Wish I could've made the get Cured event!

Just ordered an RXi with the aluminum insert. Can't wait to get it into play.

I am currently stuck between liking the high MOI of a mallet but really like the look of the blade. Hoping this turns out to be the best of both worlds.

Anybody have experience with different grips on these, mainly the SuperStroke Ultra or Mid?

Any info on a putter headcover for the Cure putters that is not black?

I know there only black now, I hope they add some colors in the future, bring on the red!

Is there an ideal ball position, stance, grip, swing, etc... that Cure suggests?

Wish I could've made the get Cured event!

Tanker, Whatever works for you... The putter adjust to fit you - not the other way around.
We would have loved to have you join us in Ohio. Maybe next time.

Just ordered an RXi with the aluminum insert. Can't wait to get it into play.

I am currently stuck between liking the high MOI of a mallet but really like the look of the blade. Hoping this turns out to be the best of both worlds.

Anybody have experience with different grips on these, mainly the SuperStroke Ultra or Mid?

Glad to hear it. Please keep us posted

Only Black head covers for now. Hope to have more options in the future, just a little way down on the priority list at the moment.

I'll be taking the Cure soon. Ordered an RX3f yesterday and hope to have it in time for the Labor Day weekend. Hopefully this will be the cure for what ails me - poor putting. I've pretty much tried everything else, so I have nothing to lose.

Back