Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hole No.7 at Mirror Lake (Lakeside Course). Par 5, 464 yards. Water keeps you from hitting driver off the tee. I hit a 3W and had about 204 to a front pin placement. I had to carry water, and a long shot would have released towards the back of a long, undulating green. I hit a really solid 4i to about six feet - and made the eagle putt.

Way to go! What a great 4I, congrats.

Hole #15, longish Par 4 at 450 yards. Pulled my tee shot to the left, and in to the trees and was left with about 180 to the pin. Needed to keep it low, hit a punch 5 iron shot that was barely more than 4 feet off the ground and let it run all the way up the front of the green and slowed and stopped on the back edge of the green. Leaving me with a 2 putt for par.

This shot was 100% luck.

Since there is no such thing as good luck on a golf course thus it had to be skill.

zy4evury.jpg

50*from 135 over a palm tree and greenside bunker made the bird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2nd hole, 30 footer for par. That kind of day......

377 yard par 4 15th I crushed my drive through the dogleg and had an uphill shot about 115 yards to a green I couldn't see with a brutal lie in the rough. Stuck my 52* wedge to about 2 feet and made the birdie.

Had a few yesterday and today, best one IMHO was 2nd shot 220 to the front and I hammered my Mashie onto the right side of the green and it rolled down to about a 5 footer.
2nd was 231 to the front on par 5 and I put the Mashie M2+ about 3 inches off:(

Hole 15, great drive but came up short on the approach (again, my bane on this hole). My buddy lands next to me and calls for a chipping contest, we put some small change on the line. Long right to lefter and I roll a bump and run with my 60deg to two inches

Made a 25 footer from just off the green for birdie.

Shot of a lifetime today. Hole #7 on the Lake course at Mirror Lake Golf Club. This is the same hole that ATLgolfer made Eagle on, on Friday. After tee shot I had 206 left to a back left pin. I pull my *19 hybrid and hit a great pure shot. We think its on the green for sure. We drive up and the ball is no where on the green. I start looking long in the left bunker while my partners start looking to the right as the green slopes that way. I don't see the ball in the bunker and walk back on the green to check the hole, and there it sits. A 2 on the par 5. Albatross!

My scorecard signed by my playing partners.

qy8e4ysu.jpg

Shot of a lifetime today. Hole #7 on the Lake course at Mirror Lake Golf Club. This is the same hole that ATLgolfer made Eagle on, on Friday. After tee shot I had 206 left to a back left pin. I pull my *19 hybrid and hit a great pure shot. We think its on the green for sure. We drive up and the ball is no where on the green. I start looking long in the left bunker while my partners start looking to the right as the green slopes that way. I don't see the ball in the bunker and walk back on the green to check the hole, and there it sits. A 2 on the par 5. Albatross!

qy8e4ysu.jpg

Fantastic shot, Barry. If the pin is where I am thinking it was, it took a lot of courage to go anywhere near it. All carry over the pond to get to the back right pin placement.

Fantastic shot, Barry. If the pin is where I am thinking it was, it took a lot of courage to go anywhere near it. All carry over the pond to get to the back right pin placement.

It was back left. I was just aiming for the front left and trying to just get on the green. I was so stunned I missed an easy 4 foot putt on the next hole. Took me a good five holes before I was playing back to myself again.

Fantastic shot Barry! That was a very difficult hole on Friday and ATLgolfer was right it took some guts to go for it but to have the ball in the hole (just as you planned of course) is truly a rare shot in golf.

I would let the ball company know they may do something for you as well as the course. Either way do something special for yourself. You earned it my friend.

TapAhoy!

Great shot Barry, had to feel great!

Awesome shot! Congrats!

qy8e4ysu.jpg

You win at golf!

The prize? My envy. Just awesome. What a rush that just have been.

An Albatross?!?! Wow! That is seriously impressive! I have never come closer than 10' to an albatross.

qy8e4ysu.jpg

That is fantastic buddy, congratulations!

way to go Barry, congrats on the great shot!

Fantastic shot Barry! That was a very difficult hole on Friday and ATLgolfer was right it took some guts to go for it but to have the ball in the hole (just as you planned of course) is truly a rare shot in golf.

I would let the ball company know they may do something for you as well as the course. Either way do something special for yourself. You earned it my friend.

TapAhoy!

Great idea, SMG. I had already let the golf shop know. I just tweeted to Bridgestone and TaylorMade about it. Was playing my usual B330-RX on the hole due to all the hazards, instead of the project 5 I'm testing. Hit the shot with my *19 RBZ hybrid.

Last edited:
Congrats, Barry. Awesome!!
Playing right now and nearly ace this 115 yard par 3. Missed the bird....sike. I actually made this it this time.
ydy3azaz.jpg
Sweet! You would've jacked that hole up had you hit the lip.

An Albatross?!?! Wow! That is seriously impressive! I have never come closer than 10' to an albatross.

In 12 years of playing this course I've probably only been on the green in two around 20 times. None were anywhere close to the hole. The hole was the last place I checked, never even thought that it might have gone in. Still boggles my mind!

Hit a perfect drive on a downhill par 4. Ball wound up going 315 yards. Best part of the drive was that it didn't move an inch to either side, just dead straight right down the middle of the fairway.

I had 2 great shots last week. First was sticking the green on a 185 yard par 3 that I never hit. Ball mark was 1 foot from hole ball was 2 feet. I'm a new golfer and 185 is a long way.

My other great shot was I made a 2 on a 408 yard par four. I went driver 7 iron.

I have pics but I'm new here so can't post em yet.

2 great shots today... Stuck an A wedge to 2 feet from 103 yards for birdie. Second was a nasty down hill right to left 10 ft putt for par..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back