Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I'm going to have to agree with Rusty. The pop and compression you feel off the club face is like no other. It's a repeatable feeling and like I said in my review it boosts confidence when you get that feeling because you just know you it's gonna be good. And when I'm confident, my round is going to be a successful one!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this answer. Confidence = better scoring.

Forgiveness by a ton.
Toe and low are extremely forgiving as mentioned in here many times.
Really a set that would benefit quite a large portion of the audience here.
This is what I like to hear, since if I recall correctly, you live on the bottom grooves like I do.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to taking some swings with these this coming weekend.

For the testers, what is the single best quality you are liking about them?

I think I would have to say the feel and feedback. Much different and improved over my prior GI gamers.

Of course, that they tell me I hit a poor shot with little punishment for that shot is icing on the cake.

Love the way the ball jumps off the face. You get a good smash factor between the club and the ball

I have also noticed decreased smash factor between the club and the ground since these tend to keep me out of trouble despite myself.

I love the way they feel, but to be a full club length longer is awesome for this short knocker.

For me, it's the height on the longer irons. It's such an advantage having a 4/5 iron that goes as high as like a 7/8 iron. #landslikeafeather
Forgiveness by a ton.
Toe and low are extremely forgiving as mentioned in here many times.
?..a full club length longer is awesome...
I don't need new irons at all but these three things have me coming back to regularly read and think about these clubs.

Last edited:
I don't need knew irons at all but these three things have me coming back to regularly read and think about these clubs.

Of course you need new irons. :alien:

I would say a less effort swing required with the C200's, and I still get phenomenal distance and height. I do not have to try and muscle the distance, or catch it in the perfect spot on the face. A less effort swing gets me great results.

The feel... it is unique and you can notice it from first good swing.

I would say a less effort swing required with the C200's, and I still get phenomenal distance and height. I do not have to try and muscle the distance, or catch it in the perfect spot on the face. A less effort swing gets me great results.

Goodness help anybody on the next tee in the event you do muscle the distance!

And also speaking from experience as the designated hosel tester during the event....hosel rockets are no less forgiving, no less wild, and no less confusing as they are with any club!

And also speaking from experience as the designated hosel tester during the event....hosel rockets are no less forgiving, no less wild, and no less confusing as they are with any club!

well that's good to know lol

I'd say. You almost took out the C200's creator with your GW shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one big noticeable difference is dispersion in comparison to my CB3's. Maybe it's a comfort level or something, but I am much more accurate with my CB3's. I don't know if it's the length or what not. I am struggling with knowing what to expect from the C200.

This is where I have some concerns. I have yet to find anything, even the Apex, that work for me as well as the CB3's I game. Great review though!! I would like to try these soon.

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

This is where I have some concerns. I have yet to find anything, even the Apex, that work for me as well as the CB3's I game. Great review though!! I would like to try these soon.

The CB3s are definitely solid sticks and I keep looking at eBay to find a cheap set to fool with. But I think you owe it to yourself to give these an honest shot at the spot in your bag.

I will add that if you hit your CB3 well, the F5 might be where to start looking first.

Last edited:

that insight hits the sweet spot for me.

They're no less impressive either :p

In regards to the three sets... For me personally, I preferred the CB3's over the Apex by a huge margin. I know the Apex are adored by a ton of folks, but I preferred everything outside of looks in the CB3's.

C200 vs. CB3 - I think it is much closer than the Apex vs. CB3 discussion for me, personally. I still prefer my CB3's, but that is more or less just a comfort in knowing exactly what I am going to get from my CB3's. I have also played them ALOT more than the C200's as well.

Golfsmith just tweeted that these are now available through them. I'm going to have to take a trip down to check them out!

Golfsmith just tweeted that these are now available through them. I'm going to have to take a trip down to check them out!

Its your destiny!

These are meant for you... take your debit card with you!

Goodness help anybody on the next tee in the event you do muscle the distance!

I'd say. You almost took out the C200's creator with your GW shot.

Yeah, I am going to have to watch out for those things in the future...wait until greens clear (and they've tee'd off the next hole :curl-lip:). Never want to have that happen again. I guess 'less effort' means 'dial it back a bit' as well for me with these irons....so much distance possible. (I also remember you JohnSinVA launching some iron shots way out there as well).

I wouldn't take that as a guarantee that they have them on hand. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from a trip to Golfsmith, just want to temper expectations.

That said, I'm going at lunch to see if the one nearest me has them :alien2:

Yeah, I am going to have to watch out for those things in the future...wait until greens clear (and they've tee'd off the next hole :curl-lip:). Never want to have that happen again. I guess 'less effort' means 'dial it back a bit' as well for me with these irons....so much distance possible. (I also remember you JohnSinVA launching some iron shots way out there as well).

Maybe, but mine were likely putting people in adjacent fairways in danger :/

Back