A very personal confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop for a second and think about this. Do you seriously think calling out anyone makes you any better than whoever alleged these things in the first place? Why would that have to be brought into a thread like this?

Morgan, I'm sorry that any of this happened. Your family should come first to you as it obviously does. I think that if the circumstances involving the eBay account were known in the first place that none of this would have come to light. That's unfortunatey the situtiation that we are in at this point in time: two sides with two completely different stories. This should have been no one's business but those involved.

Never said anyone needed called out, was more of a heads up to thpers that are catching wind of these accusations, u gotta step back sometime and look af the source, as you would with any gossip or rumors being spread...I hope

Yes, other people were in the wrong and the byproduct of that is a family gets shamed and embarrassed further than they have. People can choose to support that and that is fine, but frankly I do not want to hear right now the reasons of why something was shared as fact repeatedly when it was not and because of it my wife had to relive this and make this public. Mocking and angry things can be said, but it will not be by us. We do not believe in that and will not go down that path.

Same way I feel my brother nicely written

I think it was said best, if the vendors aren't upset by what happens to the equipment once it is reviewed then by in large its no ones business but your own. I obviously don't know all the circumstances surrounding what brought this all to light. People apparently have way too much time on their hands... This is a golfing community...go golf.

Morgan, from the little I've been here, and from what I've read. Most carry a high praise of you, and believe you are doing right by them. Don't let the few that have nothing better to do then to troll these communities and try and bring them down, effect what your doing or feeling.

I applaud GG for helping her family. For those that have cast stones at her wll they should really do some self reflection. Keep your head up GG and dont let this get to you.

I haven't been around much so I cannot say that I'm particularly aware of the events leading up to this post but I feel awful that you're stuck in this situation, GG. You're such a wonderful person! You were so kind to me during the tough times that I've had around here and it really, truly did mean a lot to me (and I could say that about a ton of people at THP). It has been preached over and over again in this thread - THP is like a family. I truly believe that! I haven't been around a ton lately but every time I pop my ugly head back in here I get welcomed with open arms.

And, GG, you're a wonderful person. You did what you had to do. I do feel for you though that this situation is causing you so much stress and grief.

I'm too new here to know anyone but I do know that you are a giver to no end. I consider myself new to THIS family here at thp and am here to say I support you and hope for better things for you and your family than this situation.

With all that said, if you're in need, just ask. I donate all the time to those less fortunate, and it would warm my heart to help your family. I can't do a ton by myself, but if the other members of this site are willing to put forth their normal collective goodness, there may be a surprising amount of support received. Put up a PayPal link and let's see what we can do together.

^^ +1 This part ^^

You'd be surprised what a community of good people will do for those in need. I consider many of you as friends despite having never met you in person.

People will go to great lengths in order to help their family. Morgan, you did what any other loving family member would do. No one wants to see their loved ones struggle, so what you did was very respectable. No reason to beat yourself up over this decision. I do not know you on a personal level, but what you do to contribute to this site and what others say about you prove that you are a great, selfless person. I hope that things turn around greatly for your family. I don't think too many others here would have done much differently.

Morgan, I appreciate your honesty and strength to share such a thing so publicly. It is easy to sit back and cast aspersions without truly understanding the world they live in and the shoes they walk in. I can only hope that you have found internal resolution and peace regarding this issue, regardless of that, I send my words and thoughts of support to you.

For the rest of THP: again, you remind me why I love this place. Thank you.

Two rules I live by:
1. Family always comes first.
2. If you make a mistake (which I'm not even sure you did here) you admit it and ask for forgiveness.

In my book you are good.

edit: and this -
Guess I missed something. Hang in there Morgan

Last edited:
^^ +1 This part ^^

You'd be surprised what a community of good people will do for those in need. I consider many of you as friends despite having never met you in person.

Super +1 on this lets see what we can do. Even 5bucks from all of us can help

Guess I missed something. Hang in there Morgan

It's all good GG, and I can't fathom the emotions of having to write that but it does show your character and strength. No worries, and sometimes we have to do what we have to do to make sure our families are taken care of. I'd much rather do that to help than live with the guilt of doing nothing.

I want to thank everyone for their support, but I could never and would never ask for monetary help for you guys. This is a personal matter I hoped would never even have to be talked about. Helping us keep THP going and continue to grow is all I would ever want from you guys.

I'll say this Morgan:

I think the only issue of ethics is between you, JB and the vendors. If the vendors had an expectation that the equipment provided would not be sold by yourself or a reviewer, then you likely need to clear the air with them. If however, they had the expectation that the equipment provided would be reviewed and then was yours or the reviewer's to do with as they please, then there's no ethical issue whatsoever.

I suspect the latter is the case. I suspect the vendors don't put restrictions on what happens to the equipment after it's reviewed/tested and they fully expect that some reviewers will eventually sell excess or older model equipment.

There's no ethical issue as far as we are concerned. We have no right to demand that certain things are done with the equipment. It's your hard work and relationship with the vendors that allows this wonderful site to provide so many benefits to us. If everything is on the up and up with the vendors, the members of this site should have absolutely no issue with you guys selling what you don't need. This site isn't recreation for you - it's your livelihood.

With all that said, if you're in need, just ask. I donate all the time to those less fortunate, and it would warm my heart to help your family. I can't do a ton by myself, but if the other members of this site are willing to put forth their normal collective goodness, there may be a surprising amount of support received. Put up a PayPal link and let's see what we can do together.

These are my exact feelings, and I couldn't of typed it better myself.

I'm very sorry that I have friends in pain over this.

It really stinks that it had to come to these personal details getting out, but things can spiral out of control without facts being known. Morgan, you are a strong person and I, along with everyone here, am proud of you.

I want to thank everyone for their support, but I could never and would never ask for monetary help for you guys. This is a personal matter I hoped would never even have to be talked about. Helping us keep THP going and continue to grow is all I would ever want from you guys.

I'm pretty sure we can handle that end of the bargain. :)

I'm bummed that this ever had to be addressed. I know I had to read all that and it bummed me out even more, because people I consider to be my friends were saying all this. I'm sorry you had to make this post, but am glad that this will be the end of it. I know I had read about it over there, but I know there was a reason why, and it wasn't my business so I never asked about it to you or Josh. It still makes no difference to me.

I do want to mention that an apology has been posted and I hope this is the end of it on either site.

Now let's get back to THP'ing!

I'm bummed that this ever had to be addressed. I know I had to read all that and it bummed me out even more, because people I consider to be my friends were saying all this. I'm sorry you had to make this post, but am glad that this will be the end of it. I know I had read about it over there, but I know there was a reason why, and it wasn't my business so I never asked about it to you or Josh. It still makes no difference to me.

I do want to mention that an apology has been posted and I hope this is the end of it on either site.

Now let's get back to THP'ing!

Good time to close it up on that note if you ask me.

I'll say this Morgan:

I think the only issue of ethics is between you, JB and the vendors. If the vendors had an expectation that the equipment provided would not be sold by yourself or a reviewer, then you likely need to clear the air with them. If however, they had the expectation that the equipment provided would be reviewed and then was yours or the reviewer's to do with as they please, then there's no ethical issue whatsoever.

I suspect the latter is the case. I suspect the vendors don't put restrictions on what happens to the equipment after it's reviewed/tested and they fully expect that some reviewers will eventually sell excess or older model equipment.

There's no ethical issue as far as we are concerned. We have no right to demand that certain things are done with the equipment. It's your hard work and relationship with the vendors that allows this wonderful site to provide so many benefits to us. If everything is on the up and up with the vendors, the members of this site should have absolutely no issue with you guys selling what you don't need. This site isn't recreation for you - it's your livelihood.

This is said so well. Exactly, what I wanted to try and say. I support you and JB and have no issues with this what-so-ever.

Morgan, you did what anyone would do. We're behind you 100%.

I completely understand why you made this thread and I know it had to be very hard for you to do! Frankly whomever it is that is making the accusations that have brought this on should mind their own business. what you do with your belongings to help your family is no ones business period.

For the record I don't see a problem with what you did.

In the whole scheme of what is happening in the world, someone forces Morgan to apologize for this? My family is faaar from wealthy, My parents have struggled thanks to Beth Steel royally screwing them. I am the oldest, and in the best position to help out, and I have done whatever I can to help them - and family will always be first.

Walk a mile in her shoes - then you can know how it feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back