Reaction score
Handicap
Well the adams rep swung by today to show off the new product line for 2014 and I got to put a few swing s on these new bad boys. I have to say that these may be going in the bag real soon.

The XTD irons are amazing irons that feel buttery soft and look gorgeous. They will come stock with kbs c-tapers and iomic grips. They have the same styling as the cmb line up last year but encompass a speed slot in the sole. Unlike the rocketbladez that have the slot more towards the middle of the sole, the XTD speed slot is right behind the face. You can really feel the slot flex on low face strikes which will help to elevate those thin shots.

Overall i am seriously impressed with the new line up and especially the new xtd irons.

Sent from my N9100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381383378971.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381383378971.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381383393830.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381383393830.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
They look very nice. Great shape to them.

Kinda remind me of some older Srixon irons. Not my cup of tea.

Top notch components with C-tapers and Iomic grips. Adams always has excellent shafts and builds going.

I want to hit.

I like the looks of the CMB a bit better, but the speed slot in more of a player style iron has me intrigued.

Reminds me of cobra too much.

#ImWithChad

Coming from a CMB player, those are super pretty, but not as pretty as the CMB's. :D

However, the addition of the speed slot definitely intrigues me, and I definitely want to hit them. I'd not seen these prior to this thread.

I will have to hit them, but visually I think they look cheap.

I hit these yesterday, and while the shaft is not for me these felt good. Probably on par with the CMBs to me maybe a hair hotter. The speed slot really helped feeling like the ball was jumping off the face. I would love to hit these with a set of CTaper Lites in them!!

Nice and simple, nothing wrong with that.

Not too wild about the look but Adams Golf makes very good irons. I have a set of Black CB3's and even though I am gaming a different set, I really don't plan to let the CB3's go. I like them that much. Looking forward to the opportunity to hit these.

I like what I see (well, the design could be better) but I don't envision myself changing from my CMBs just yet.

Those look really nice!

Those are nice looking, Adams has been putting out some great gear lately

Pretty interesting that they put a speed slot in a forged iron, I seem to recall TaylorMade saying that they couldn't do it in a forged iron when the Rocketbladez were initially released. I bet that TaylorMade changes its tune and has some forged irons in 2014 that integrate a speed slot.

They look pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind giving one a swing or two.

Those don't look to bad.

How does headsize compare to the cmb's / cb3 ?

Headsize is virtually identical. The topline is about the same thickness as the 825 pros but look much thinner due to the way they taper it front to back. Face feels springy but soft. Honestly they look much better in person than they do in pictures.

Sent from my N9100 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty!
If I could swing (no pun intended) new irons, they'd definitely be on my list.

Great components.

Pretty interesting that they put a speed slot in a forged iron, I seem to recall TaylorMade saying that they couldn't do it in a forged iron when the Rocketbladez were initially released. I bet that TaylorMade changes its tune and has some forged irons in 2014 that integrate a speed slot.

According to this article these slots are machined. Can put a slot in anything if you're going to machine it. Maybe before they were trying to think of ways to include the slot without adding another manufacturing process, to reduce costs?

http://golfweek.com/news/2013/oct/14/adams-xtd-forged-irons/

Came across these today in the store while I was waiting for my putter fitting. They look great, especially when paired with the Pro hybrid.

I would love these to be my next irons but I fear they may not be quite forgiving enough. That's based on looks alone as I've not yet hit them!

Back