Interesting putter results

bellairemi

Reaction score
Handicap
Plenty of clubs these days show incremental performance gains over their predecessors but I almost never find one that really changes my game. That changed today on the very uneven greens of my soon to be closed home course. I hit the practice green to test out a Guerin Rife Trinidad putter that I picked up on Ebay (mostly wanted the grip to be honest). Also with me were my gamers from the last year which include a Ping Scottsdale Piper C TR, an old school Ping Anser with sound slot and my two Seemores (an SI3 and an FGP). Lengths and grips are pretty much the same on all of them.

Anyway I warmed up with the FGP which I have used pretty heavily this year. It was very difficult to keep the ball on line as the greens are fading quickly. Put the other ones into play with pretty much the same experience. Finally I reached the Rife - wow, it actually held the line very well. Putted for 45 minutes and could not believe the quality of the Rife's roll. Not believing my eyes, I had a few other people try it and they had the same experience. Honestly do not know what to make of this but if this continues to be the case, the putter collection will be pared to one. Anyone else have experience with Rife putters?

I had a Rife two years ago. I was pretty impressed by the roll and general feel. I liked their shapes price and general appearance.

I do think they are somewhat overlooked.

JB might know, is Rife still one of the more popular putters on the champions tour?

I've always wanted a Barbados. They are doing some good things with finishes right now too. They are struggling though.

I thought they closed their doors...

No, they are in business. Actively marketing.

I've been gaming a Barbados for about 4 months now. I love the feel and almost instant roll I get out of it. I'd never spent much time with Rife before and am certainly pleased with what I've seen with this one.

Ive owned a couple rife putters. Love the roll of the method too. I'm secretly hoping I can find a rife Trinidad or nike method 03w in a trade or simewhere cheap to give it an extended test.

Great news on a breakthrough, thanks for raising awareness.
Will need to try and track one down, I love the roll of the method (harldy ever get a bobble) and this looks similar but with some funky designs.

Ive owned a couple rife putters. Love the roll of the method too. I'm secretly hoping I can find a rife Trinidad or nike method 03w in a trade or simewhere cheap to give it an extended test.

Just bought a Trinidad. Love the look. Great price. Hopefully it rolls decently. Either way, it's going to be my putter for the foreseeable future.

Tested the Rife on the course this weekend versus the Seemore SI3 - played in the dew and could see the much better roll of the Rife. Actually ended up playing less break with it and made more confident strokes knowing the ball would go where I intended. I wonder how much has to do with the grooves and how much the lower loft (2*). I'll be interested to see how it does on fast greens next year.

Not gonna lie...Rife makes one sexy putter. My favorite on looks alone is their Prodigy model. I'd love to give one of these a roll and see how it works compared to my Taylormade DLL.

If only they were made out of carbon steel instead if stainless. Stainless is usually too clicky for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

glad to see you found a putter that works for you

Back