Favorite Specialty Shot

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is your favorite specialty shot to hit and why? I mean shots outside of regular full swings, chips, and putts.

For me, I really like hitting a knockdown wedge. It just feels so solid and controlled, and I love watching it fly in low and stop on a dime.

I like a good flop that travels higher than farther and sticks the landing.

For me it's a punch long iron, that was my go to shot when I was playing regularly. I need to get that back in my arsenal

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

punch with a hybrid

knockdown wedge for me as well. I love getting creative with a wedge in my hand from inside 100.

Probably the lefty club upside down swing. As a right handed golfer, swing left handed, and flip the club upside down. That one is pretty fun.

I have also been known to hit balls from off a bush (not on the ground under a bush, but floating in a bush on leaves and branches). But that's really just a standard pitch shot.

~Rock

Probably the lefty club upside down swing. As a right handed golfer, swing left handed, and flip the club upside down. That one is pretty fun.

I have also been known to hit balls from off a bush (not on the ground under a bush, but floating in a bush on leaves and branches). But that's really just a standard pitch shot.

~Rock

Dang. I've never tried that one but seen it done. Crazy shot!

I like a good flop that travels higher than farther and sticks the landing.

Definitely the flop shot for me as well. It's a great feeling when you're short sided and you can hit a nice high, soft flop to tap-in range.

Texas Wedge is by far my favorite. I will break it out almost anywhere and usually put it pretty darn close to the stick.

I don't know if it counts as a specialty shot, but really long lag putts. Nothing like being as far as you can be from the hole and putting the ball to tap-in range. Especially over multiple breaks. There's just something satisfying to me about picturing how a ball will roll all the way across a green then executing.

Dang. I've never tried that one but seen it done. Crazy shot!

When I'm bored at my home course, which happens a lot in the Fall and I'm the only one out there, I try all kinds of crazy stuff. I can't do a full swing with it, but I can do little half swings, which is basically enough to get me out of trouble and back into a fairway.

~Rock

I love hitting high slices around trees, especially with my driver off the fairway.

For me, there is no better feeling than pulling off a shot where I have to shape the ball over or around or under a tree to land the ball on the green.

Low stinger 3 wood, about 4 to 6 foot off the ground that runs forever. Need that shot on my soon to be former home course (links course) when it is dry and dead into the wind on a long par 5.

Gotta go with the flop :)

My favorite specialty shot is the 50yrd top shot. Can pretty much pull it off whenever i want.

Is duffing a shot a specialty shot? If so that my best one, but all joking aside my favorite one would be hybrid punches from under trees, I spend enough time there that I have gotten quite proficient at them.

My favorite specialty shot is the 50yrd top shot. Can pretty much pull it off whenever i want.

That's a handy shot into the wind.

Straight through a tree without hitting it. Usually about 125 out or so. I have a knack for hitting it through exactly where it would normally bounce back at yea. I get a lot of practice with that sort of shot so I've gotten good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight through a tree without hitting it. Usually about 125 out or so. I have a knack for hitting it through exactly where it would normally bounce back at yea. I get a lot of practice with that sort of shot so I've gotten good at it.
Related, I've gotten pretty good at the lucky bounce, where you slice the ball into the trees and it kicks back into the fairway.

Can't say it's my favorite, but the one I pull off the easiest, is the cut 5 iron around the tree line from 170 ish out. I get to practice that one a lot...

Related, I've gotten pretty good at the lucky bounce, where you slice the ball into the trees and it kicks back into the fairway.

This is a shot that many people do not take advantage of... Many a 'fairways hit' have started off disastrous... All about the angle!

Rope hook me haysoos.

Back