The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

So the house we had built on 80 acres in illinois has been done a month now!! Is it weird that we haven't been back there to even see it yet? I mean I've seen pictures but haven't been in the finished house yet. We are planning on going back to see it in a week and moving there in another month. I'm getting pretty excited! This is the first house we have ever built or owned!

So the house we had built on 80 acres in illinois has been done a month now!! Is it weird that we haven't been back there to even see it yet? I mean I've seen pictures but haven't been in the finished house yet. We are planning on going back to see it in a week and moving there in another month. I'm getting pretty excited! This is the first house we have ever built or owned!
Congrats! The 80 acres interests me more than the house! I want land.

That is great jacob. Exciting times for sure.

Congrats! The 80 acres interests me more than the house! I want land.
Yeah.. We got the land several years ago. I like lots of room. We opted for more land over a huge house that we didn't need anyway.

Yeah.. We got the land several years ago. I like lots of room. We opted for more land over a huge house that we didn't need anyway.

Enjoy it. I really don't like living so close to SOOOOOO many people!

Yeah I'm not sure i could handle living in a sub division.

Yeah I'm not sure i could handle living in a sub division.

Yeah, I hate it but what are you gonna do? No buyers right now!

My property is marked. SIX houses looking right into the backyard. Sucks. That's a quarter acre, by the way.

Myhouse_zps125fc878.jpg

Congrats. Where at in Illinois?

Looks nice smalls.. Yeah I do like the convenience of living close to town though.. There's no food delivery where we live now or where were going to live. Let alone the 45 min. Drive to town.

Looks nice smalls.. Yeah I do like the convenience of living close to town though.. There's no food delivery where we live now or where were going to live. Let alone the 45 min. Drive to town.

It's home. And it's a great house. 1500 sq feet, which is probably twice as big as it needs to be for two people! I do wish the driveway were a two car instead of a four car so the house was closer to the street, which would make the back yard so much bigger. So much of our land that the only use I get out of it is mowing it!

The closest town would be Aledo illinois.

Up by the Iowa line, correct? If so, I really like that area. Lot of pretty country there.

Yeah, I'm planning on putting in a make shift range.

Congrats jacob! It's nice and quiet out in the country for sure. We have 12 neighbors in our little neck of the woods and then there are huge open fields all around us.

Thanks OG!

Congrats Jacob.

We are still looking for houses. We have submitted an offer on one house so far and did not get it. Been looking for a couple months and hope we find something soon!

met with a banker yesterday about getting a house and actually had a budget higher than I was anticipating but going to try and stick with my original budget to keep some money in the bank for emergency funds and not worry about being hard presses for cash. Going to look at houses this weekend. Freakin' pumped!

met with a banker yesterday about getting a house and actually had a budget higher than I was anticipating but going to try and stick with my original budget to keep some money in the bank for emergency funds and not worry about being hard presses for cash. Going to look at houses this weekend. Freakin' pumped!
Good Luck! Very exciting times!

Good Luck! Very exciting times!

Yeah man there are a few houses around that I like so far but I know I can't have everything I want that is within my budget. GI just want a garage :)

Awesome man, enjoy the search Jesse. how's the inventory up there?

Awesome man, enjoy the search Jesse. how's the inventory up there?

Not bad at all, not a whole lot within what I want but features/price but enough to have choices. I am stoked at the possibility of living in a house in a few months.

Congrats JJ, good call on sticking to your original budget, i'm trying to do the same thing.

I've got a offer out on a house that I'm hoping to hear back on today. Its a multiple offer situation so I've got my fingers crossed that they accept mine!

Not bad at all, not a whole lot within what I want but features/price but enough to have choices. I am stoked at the possibility of living in a house in a few months.
That is awesome, congrats for sure, it does take a little work, but being a homewoner is awesome!!!

Back