Last spot in the bag

Chicken Man

Reaction score
Handicap
Guys, I want your opinion. I have the SLDR driver, 3 thru 60 degree wedge SpeedBlade irons, and the ol Wilson 8802 putter in the bag. Have one spot left. I was going to get the SLDR 3 wood when it comes out in November, but should I get it or a hybrid or another wedge? Seems like most of the time when I'm not hitting the driver good its the same for all the other woods.

Is there a gap in your wedges, or would you go higher than 60*? I know Jman just got a 64* wedge like a crazy guy, but had the spot in his bag and has some special occasions to use it. I would say on the longer end of your bag, how big of a gap between the driver and 3i? I would think there might be space for another club in there regardless of whether you're hitting your driver well or not. If you went hybo, would you get a 2h? That's the route I went and am pretty happy with it, but to each their own.

I'd say it depends on how well and far you hit the 3i. If you are hitting it out there 220 than I would be curious what the gaps in your wedges are. I say the more wedge coverage, the better. I carry a 50/52/56/60 and wouldn't trade out any of them for a fairway wood if it came down to it.

If you have a large gap between 3i & driver I would look at a fw as well. Can also help recovery off the deck or improved accuracy in layup situations.

The gap between a 3w and 3 iron seems like it could be a fairly large one. A hybrid might be a good way to go.

Back