Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedges Review - Forum Testing

The comfort is reason number one. Plus I think I finally clicked with my head in how to hit it properly regardless of the club. But this RTX puts so much spin on the ball. It's a short game winner for sure!

Siri speaks for me!

Glad it's working for you man. I was just more consistent with my J40s, so that's the way I went. I have changed my chipping technique lately and have some short game lessons lined up. May be worth revisiting this one after its all said and done.

So I am falling even more in love with this 56* each time I'm out with it practicing, practice doesn't make perfect for me, but holy cow does it help a ton!

I've been trying to only use the 56* RTX CB from 100 yards and in no matter what, and it has not only simplified my short game, but on pitches and chips where I used to be very nervous and knew I'd be adding at least a stroke or two to the hole, now I am easily getting it close to the hole for a putt at sometimes birdie and at least a par.

The groove tech and forgiveness I see are the two best features of this understated wedge. I know the MB will get a ton of press being a MB, but I urge everyone, please don't overlook the CB. It's a short game sniper!!!

If anyone is interested, there is a top rated seller on eBay selling these in 3-club wedge sets for almost a $100 less than it would cost to buy the 3 clubs separately. The sets are 50/54/58 or 52/56/60.

Have any of our testers got any more or different thoughts now that its been a few months and its getting more into golf season?

Have any of our testers got any more or different thoughts now that its been a few months and its getting more into golf season?

it got better on full shots for me. Something that I struggled with when I first got it. Since the early part of the testing was done at the end of the season and the rest inside, I have seen better check and spin out of them since greens are back in somewhat normal playing condition.

it got better on full shots for me. Something that I struggled with when I first got it. Since the early part of the testing was done at the end of the season and the rest inside, I have seen better check and spin out of them since greens are back in somewhat normal playing condition.

Thoughts out of the sand?

that is where I thought this wedge was the best from. One thing I regret not doing at demo day was comparing this to the rtx out of the sand. If I were choosing wedges out of this line, I know I'd get the 50 in the CB. Maybe the 54 as well.

This thing works wonders for me out of the sand, by far it's best trait with full shots right behind!

It seems to get the ball up quickly out of the sand and is fairly easy to make contact with the ball out of the sand, which normally for me I struggle with. I'm having some issues with distance control out of the rough with it, but that's a normal problem for me!

that is where I thought this wedge was the best from. One thing I regret not doing at demo day was comparing this to the rtx out of the sand. If I were choosing wedges out of this line, I know I'd get the 50 in the CB. Maybe the 54 as well.

Thanks man. I'm trying to work back through this thread and look at everyone's thoughts.

This thing works wonders for me out of the sand, by far it's best trait with full shots right behind!

It seems to get the ball up quickly out of the sand and is fairly easy to make contact with the ball out of the sand, which normally for me I struggle with. I'm having some issues with distance control out of the rough with it, but that's a normal problem for me!

I appreciate it! Great info

You're a smart man.

Well decision time has come, pretty easy decision for me.

54*, standard 2 bounce all stock option in black pearl with the 588 forged grip (Cleveland's version of the Crossline)

Right on man. Talk to us about the 54 CB and why you took it there.

I don't like to tell people what to do, but I will tell you that grip was terrible in MB in July. It got very slick.

Right on man. Talk to us about the 54 CB and why you took it there.

I don't like to tell people what to do, but I will tell you that grip was terrible in MB in July. It got very slick.

I RARELY hit my sand wedge much around the green, i use it more often from that 100-110 full shot zone. I am not a great ball striker so i I can use some forgiveness with full shots. The added forgiveness in the CB will hopefully help me out of the sand too, where I tend to struggle.

I use my 50 for greenside chunk runs and lob wedge for short sided greenside shots. But my shortgame is one of my few strengths, so I wanted to stay as close to my current wedge set as possible. Truth be told, some of the feel issues some testers saw on touch shots around the greens kept me away from the CBs in 50/58.

I chose 2 dot bounces because thats the most common and I dont play on firmer or softer ground much more than the other. Its a mixed bag here in the Midwest, so I tried to keep it simple.

Makes sense to me. Just something I hadn't seen before, so I was definitley curious. I like the 2 dot choice. It's proven to be very versatile for me in similar conditions.

Makes sense to me. Just something I hadn't seen before, so I was definitley curious. I like the 2 dot choice. It's proven to be very versatile for me in similar conditions.

When you see me play, you will see more things have havent seen before.

Wedge Order Placed:
52° MB - Satin
56° CB - Black Peral

I use the 52 around the green for all different type of shots and the 56 will be for sand and some 50-85 yard shots as well.

Thanks to Jman, Icey, Ddec, and Cookie for helping quell some fears of the CB in the sand. Can't wait to have some fun with these wedges

Interesting to see a reverse combo. Rock it!

Yeah. I'm just too comfortable with my MB wedge for around the green to go messing with it. Plus this allows my bag to have almost one of every club Cleveland has this year

After seeing the reviews by you guys and how you've fallen in love with these wedges, I'm going to try them out at my local shop with the sheer intention on buying them unless they feel like bricks. Thanks guys, short game improvement in progress

These are great wedges. I have switched 45/PW, 50/GW, and 56/SW to the satin (Not CB) Wedge Flex Graphite shafts. The Rolex has a great feel, terrific hold on the green and the graphite shaft adds a real softness to the club. Real weapons for up and down.

I'll be debuting the 48* CB gap wedge today and I'm crazy excited about it to be honest. These are SO good on full swings.

I'll be debuting the 48* CB gap wedge today and I'm crazy excited about it to be honest. These are SO good on full swings.

Really do think you're gonna love that club. Can't wait to hear how it compares to your old UW. Bet it will be killer on long sand shots too (which I actually hit pretty good with the UW).

Really do think you're gonna love that club. Can't wait to hear how it compares to your old UW. Bet it will be killer on long sand shots too (which I actually hit pretty good with the UW).

I loved JB's 50 at the Outing (played it because I forgot my UW), was going to go with that one but the 48 will fill the gap from the altitude PW much better. I agree though, I think I', going to love it!

I loved JB's 50 at the Outing (played it because I forgot my UW), was going to go with that one but the 48 will fill the gap from the altitude PW much better. I agree though, I think I', going to love it!

Don't love it too much.

Loving my ALT DW but don't make me regret my decision. :D

Back