Simulator Golf...

I've played at Beyond Golf before, it is really fun and while it's probably not like dead accurate like you'd find on the course it was pretty cool. If I lived there I would go from time to time in the winter. Oh and the Buffalo Chicken pizza is outstanding!

Going to have to try the buffalo chicken pizza..haha

Most people don't know that most Dick's Sporting goods have simulators that you can rent out, may be an option closer than you think.

Most people don't know that most Dick's Sporting goods have simulators that you can rent out, may be an option closer than you think.

I have found those ones (at least the one near me) to be extremely inaccurate. The one nearest me had my driver maxing out at about 170 on a good swing with the ball never getting more than 20 feet off the ground. It seemed like it didn't take spin into account at all. I'm sure there are better ones, but not by me unfortunately. :(

My brother wants to open a sports bar. I want to open one of these. Combine them and put it in our location. It would be big time $$$.

There is a little cafe/bar/simulator in town. Have not had the opportunity to try it out ... but they list pricing and other items on their site. I am not endorsing them ... but since you said you were interested in it ... I wanted to share what some other places are doing with the technology from a business angle.

http://XXX.caddyshanks.com/virtual_golf.html ... just change the XXX to www.

There is a little cafe/bar/simulator in town. Have not had the opportunity to try it out ... but they list pricing and other items on their site. I am not endorsing them ... but since you said you were interested in it ... I wanted to share what some other places are doing with the technology from a business angle.

http://XXX.caddyshanks.com/virtual_golf.html ... just change the XXX to www.
no way that guy's shots were actually that good

I went to one today. It's not too bad. Adds about 20 yards to every shot tho which is misleading and makes it really hard to judge chip and shorter shots. Other than that it was pretty fun

There is a good place about 20 minutes from my house. Great set up with 8 simulators and full bar. They have pros that give lessons in the simulators. I find they are dead on as far as distance and ball flight, but this set up is the best stuff going. I can fade, draw, hit knockdowns, etc. Putting sucks but we set it up for gimmes inside of 15'. Keeps things rolling too. Fee is $25/hr weekdays, $38/hr weekend days, $25/hr after 6:00PM. I try to go about 4 or 5 times a winter just to keep playing. He's been surviving for 4 years so they are doing something right.

About Golf is a local company for me. I have met quite a few employees. We have one of there sims at work. Interesting to read that some have gone to charging by the hour. The retail unit in the store cost 50k. Nice to have as a draw to your business. There fun. Stand alone I can't see working.

About Golf is a local company for me. I have met quite a few employees. We have one of there sims at work. Interesting to read that some have gone to charging by the hour. The retail unit in the store cost 50k. Nice to have as a draw to your business. There fun. Stand alone I can't see working.
The place near me is basically stand alone with it. They have food and drinks but other than that it`s just the 10/11 screens that they have

Actually had one local course that has had a simulator for a few years, but now have 2 more options. Golf etc just opened a store and they have a simulator for $20 for 18 holes some good monthly specials I may have to take them up on. And another local course has a rebuilt new bar and simulator golf also. The golf etc is using Foresight simulator which I guess is top of the line I will report back when I do get a round in on it. Can't complain about keeping the rust off the clubs and the swing.

I played in several simulators lately, but today I played in a brand new one which was great. It is the first 'unmanned' golf simulator in holland, it uses 3d camera's which makes it very accurate. Today you could get a free introduction. It helped me get plenty of information on my unwanted fade i've been hitting with my irons. Even putting was very good. I was actually so excited I decided to become a member there for the coming winter months. I like the fact that you have a private space, take some friends there, put some music on and just play one of the many nice courses or just hit the range and improve your swing. Next visit i'll make some pictures and movies.

Have a good day!
Jeroenmo

Hi jeroenmoI just wondered if you went back and managed to get any pictures if the place?

Thanks

Scott

I never realized that THP reviewed the sims that I use - http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=2104

Pretty spot on too. Launch conditions are almost identical to what I've seen using Vector, Foresight. I think they all use a camera based system. They do have trouble picking up drivers/fairways that aren't black, so I've had to put dark tape on the crown before with clubs like the Mashie fwy. Also, if you're not using a ball that is marked you can get misreads on spin with ship shots - most often extremly low spin or even negative spin. Using the marked balls does mostly eliminate that though. Never tried out Trackman to compare.

As for it's relevancy to your actual golf scores, it's not the same and I think I already said that a bunch of times. It sure is fun though. My FIL and I went last Saturday night, drank a few beers, played 18 sim holes at Tuscan Reserve in Naples, and had an absolute blast. The putting always takes time for people to get used to. Same with the short shots it seems. It's funny because there is always this stereotype that sims inflate distances, but I normally see the opposite here. A lot of guys wondering where there 250 yard drives went.

Biggest complaint is the cost. When you factor in some drinks, you can easily end up paying $100 for an evening. It's also an extremely expensive way to get in winter practice, but you do what you have to do. Hoping to transition some of that to my house this winter buy setting up a net to work on drills.

HI Hawk

I see you are talking about the about golf simulator

Have you used the sportscoach simulators and if so how do they compare?

thanks

Scott

HI Hawk

I see you are talking about the about golf simulator

Have you used the sportscoach simulators and if so how do they compare?

thanks

Scott

I'm sorry, but I haven't. I took a look at the website and it does look like similar technology though.

OK thanks Hawk

Anyone else that has used sports-coach simulators I would love to hear you opinions

Scott

A lot of guys wondering where there 250 yard drives went.

The sim must not let them measure from the tips, like they do on the course with their buddies while playing the green tees.

The sim must not let them measure from the tips, like they do on the course with their buddies while playing the green tees.

hehehe

There's nowhere to hide when a big old number is displayed for all to see.

OK thanks Hawk

Anyone else that has used sports-coach simulators I would love to hear you opinions

Scott

I just looked it up and it looks similar to one in Wichita, Ks, or a suburb of it. I didn't play, just checked it out, but looked like a good winter time with a group of people.

Hi

I just googled the Wichta simulator, it does look similar (High speed camera's etc) , hoping to get to use one in January so I'll let you know how it goes.

I just heard they are installing two Aboutgolf Sims in North Adams. They're supposed to be ready Jan. 3rd. Can't wait to see and try it.

Hi, just noticed this thread - I'm a new member here from Australia - I own a centre with 10 simulators and we went thru 12 month of research to get what we think is the best simulator set up and here is what I would say about them: they will never replace playing the real thing .. But for training, lessons and again practice it's unbeatable. The feedback you get from the software is awesome and now when I go on holidays (as I am now) hittin in a range is only slightly bearable!
If anyone is interested in the r&d we did in selecting technology feel free to pm me.

Man my aunts sister has one in their home.....(they have a little bit of money) I would love to have one in my house and I know one place around me with one but it is so crowded i do not even bother.

There's a newish centre about 40 minutes from me using HD Golf simulators. Playing Pebble Beach was fun. Putting is a bit frustrating judging the pace, but it's a fun alternative, and I used it to accurately work out my average distances with all my clubs. My main complaint is the price, but it's fun when they run cheap deals.

Back