scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
What are some of the golf sunglasses out there? Been thinking about looking for apair.
I think ones that change tint might be nice.

Sundog is popular.
I lose and break sunglasses so often that I am "only allowed" to get cheap ones.

I keep glasses for years. The pair I've got now, I bought back in 2000. I've got another pair of the same, that I got in '04.

I've got Smith Toaster Sliders, with the Ignitor lenses. They work pretty well, it's much easier to see the ball with these, than standard black or amber tinted lenses.

I usually wear a pair of safety glasses (with the tint) because like JB I lose or break them a lot too. When I get a decent pair I don't go for brand so much as long as they are polarized.

Luckily I get a good price on safety glasses through my profession (yes, I buy my own!) and they don't look like work glasses used to look like! I get a dozen for about 25 bucks and they last me throughout the golf season. I buy a nice pair once or twice a year.

I rock the ultimate golf shades, oakley M Frames w/ heater lenses. Inspired by the great David Duval these bad boys are a great pair of golf glasses. They are expensive but I take care of them. These lenses are a blue iridium and work pretty well out there. The frames run roughly 120 dollars with lenses (non polarized) around 80.

DSC_0004.jpg

DDB-

That's the basic lens shape of the glasses I use, but obviously lacking the quality of the kind you have! Wraparounds have been my choice for years.

I have tried several times to wear sunglasses while playing, and I just don't like any of them, so I just play without.

I need the heater lenses, absolutely no light enters at any time... the basic lenses that came with them ended up having light come in at the bottom of the lenses. These things really hug my cheek bones

those things must leave a funky suntan,or in your case DD, a funky burn.

haha.. yeah, like skiing. In my case I actually tan! My father is from Venezuela, believe it or not I am not 100% irish. I am lucky in that sense

What are some of the golf sunglasses out there? Been thinking about looking for apair.
I think ones that change tint might be nice.

Check SteepandCheap.com periodically. They usually have Oakleys, Smiths, etc on a regular basis.

S&C is like woot.com in that it only sells one item at a time, but they have multiple items per day. Very reputable site owned by backcountry.com.

i have a pair of oakley flak jacket xlj's. they are incredible. they imitate the m-frame, but kind of take the little brother role cuz the lenses are as big. i just like the fact that you can customize oakleys so much and i have been getting their stuff for a long time now

only problem with the M frames is that they are GOLF ONLY!

you look like a complete fool wearing those around, either a golfer or you left field for the red sox

I usually wear a pair of polarized Dragons, I found them to be the best for me although the frame could mess with your golf game a little.
You could also try these.
cataract_couple.gif

Aussie tv presented a program today about mark up by retailers on the wholesale price of goods. The retail markup price on most popular brands of sunglasses was between 600 & 700 per cent. There are no regulations in Oz on retail mark ups.

Sundog is popular.
I lose and break sunglasses so often that I am "only allowed" to get cheap ones.

Reminds me of a "skit" by Jeff Foxworthy. He was talking about how quickly you can lose a pair of expensive sunglasses but you can't lose a pair of cheapies. He said you could on a cruise and lose your "cheapies" over the side of the boat and a diver would come out of nowhere and give them back to you. It's pretty funny. :banana:

I'm with DD ... Oakley M-Frames

I usually wear a pair of polarized Dragons, I found them to be the best for me although the frame could mess with your golf game a little.
You could also try these.
cataract_couple.gif

That would be you on the left, correct? :D

these are pretty hot...

creamer.jpg

There are some up now on Steep & Cheap. (9:20 a.m. PT) in 2 different colors:

"Costa Del Mar Fly Catcher Sunglasses"
COPPCA.jpg
COPPC_D1.jpg

Don't know anything about them though. If you like them, you should move fast b/c they could be gone in a few minutes.

Back