First hole of 2013; How did you do?

I bogeyed #18 on my former home course on 12/23. I should be playing at my new home course on Sunday. We'll see how it goes. :act-up:

I started the year off with a fir, gir and 2 putt for a par. Unfortunately the rest of the round didn't go so well.

My last hole in 2012 was a par on a very difficult 185 yd uphill par 3. I missed the green, but got up and down. Very happy. Of course. 2013 will have to wait for a few months!! It was in the 'teens with snow this morning when I went to work!

Well it's freezing here. I won't be able to get my first hole for some time. I had a bogey on my last hole of 2012. I hope to start the year with a par or better. I will hop back in here once the weather allows me to get that 2013 inaugural hole in. I can't wait,
, it's gonna be a great golf year.

Par 4 - 420 yds. Stroked a baby draw drive down middle to 150 marker. 8 iron to about 20 ft. 2 putts for par. Went on to post 7 consecutive bogies from 7 - 13 and finished with a 78 (par 72). Wind was pretty brutal in South GA!

I'll let you know on February 17. :)

Sigh.. To much snow on the ground. Hopefully I can check in sooner than later though!

Mine will be in a couple weeks. But I have to travel 850 miles to play it.

I've got 6,890 miles to travel before my first round of the year! Taking off to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for a couple of weeks next friday, sure beats the snow here in Toronto!

I've got 6,890 miles to travel before my first round of the year! Taking off to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for a couple of weeks next friday, sure beats the snow here in Toronto!

Have fun! Will you be at the Abu Dhabi championship? I'm from Barrie

530 yd dog leg right par 5 at Papago. Decent drive about 245, but a little right and behind a small tree. Tried to slice a 4 iron around the tree but hit a limb that took a lot of distance off. Sweet 5w up hill against the wind about 190 yds to pin high, but about 22 ft from the cup to the right. Three-putted for bogie; a kind of classic fail for me. However, ended up having a fine ball-striking day and that was my only 3-putt, and I sunk three 15-footers. Ended up with a gratifying 82.

I haven't touched a club in four weeks now and it is starting to annoy me. Snow on the ground in Colorado and crappy weather in Baltimore has me thinking about playing a round on an indoor sim. This is the longest stretch i've gone without playing for over a year. Hope I remember what end of the club to hold.

530 yd dog leg right par 5 at Papago. Decent drive about 245, but a little right and behind a small tree. Tried to slice a 4 iron around the tree but hit a limb that took a lot of distance off. Sweet 5w up hill against the wind about 190 yds to pin high, but about 22 ft from the cup to the right. Three-putted for bogie; a kind of classic fail for me. However, ended up having a fine ball-striking day and that was my only 3-putt, and I sunk three 15-footers. Ended up with a gratifying 82.

Not a bad way to start 2013. Nice 82 also, keep it up.

Finished out 2012 with a par. Prob wont get out till next week some time.

Great idea for a thread

Hoping for a high 40's or a low 50 degree day to get out for a round, but the winter will decide my start of the 2013 season. 2012 started with a par (and a GIR!) and ended with a par.

Now I am all worried about the first hole of the year. Thanks a lot...

I feel your pain. I am in Rochester, NY and it is about 20 degrees here. I am heading to South Carolina in a couple of weeks to get any golf in before April. I am jealous of everyone getting to play this weekend. Enjoy!

First hole of the year was a bogey but I finished the round with a score of 79 so can't complain one bit!!

Have fun! Will you be at the Abu Dhabi championship? I'm from Barrie

Yes, I actually had a round booked at the same course during the tournament and I got a phone call from someone from the course saying that they had to re-book me for after the tournament. It worked out though they also booked me for a round at Yas Links at the same time as my original round and they covered the green fee for that one. For now I just have a long 9 days of waiting to go!

First hole was a par 4 385 yards up Hill, drove it well with a 4h that just missed the green by a couple of feet but left me 60 ft from the hole so a chip and 2 putt resulted in a bogey.

Will let you know when I eventually manage to make it onto a course.....

Haven't swung a club in months but might try and get to the range for an hour on Friday after work

1st hole of 2013, just dropped a 16 footer for par. I'll take it.

Played 3 holes today to try out a couple of clubs on the course.
Par on #1

It's going to be a while before I find out what my first hole of the year is because I have snow on the ground here. My last hole of the 2012 was a par and I'll update this when the snow goes away.

Back