Best Hot weather pants help

Hotled

Reaction score
Handicap
old age
I play in some seriously hot temperatures and sometimes have to wear pants.
I haven't tried any so called golf pants yet and am wondering what brand and what material you prefer for the heat.
Let's keep it sensible though and keep it as cheap as possible. Also do they run true to size.
I am probably thinking some whites or light greys and I always wear white shoes.

Adidas Climacool are probably a good option that can be found on sale quite often for $35 or less.

I think Haggar also has a "cool" line that can be found at Kohl's for quite cheap.

Under Armour makes some really nice pants for hot days if i have to wear pants in hot weather thats def what i'd be wearing.

Oakley Take 2.0 Pants...

I own several pairs of Nike Dri-tech slimfit pants... they're lightweight and are very comfortable in hot weather... I'm sure they're on sale now, prob $35-$40... I bought mine a little shorter, but same waist size as I normally wear.

I like the Under Armour pants and also the Adidas Climacool

I own several pairs of Nike Dri-tech slimfit pants... they're lightweight and are very comfortable in hot weather... I'm sure they're on sale now, prob $35-$40... I bought mine a little shorter, but same waist size as I normally wear.

I second these, I have quite a few pair and they are nice.

Just don't wear pants made from cotton. If you play in humid conditions like here in Houston, I have found that the pants that have swimsuit-like material feel are best for rapid evaporation. Aside from the usual Nike, Addidas, and Underarmour gear, the big box golf stores carry their own brands in clothing. I have a couple of pairs of golf pants from Golfsmith under their Lynx brand, which I like. Keep an eye on the ads and catch them on sale for a good deal.

I find that short pants are the best kind of pants or hot weather.

Adidas Climacool are probably a good option that can be found on sale quite often for $35 or less.
I have a few pair of these and they are solid pants. They run pretty true to size (Ashworth and Snake Eyes run really big, and Nike runs slightly big in my experience) and can be found on sale for a reasonable price.

For long pants - any of the modern synthetic material pants are good - you stay cool and dry.Pants also hold their shape and dont look creased after a round. Nike,Adidas etc are all good. Nowadays all you need worry about is the style and cut.
If your skin isnt too sensitive, shorts are great- just dont forget to spray sunblock on your legs

I have a pair of Fila golf pants and they are very light and comfortable in the heat.

This to a tee. I love mine, and followed the same sizing choices.

I find that short pants are the best kind of pants or hot weather.

I agree, but the OP said sometimes he HAS to wear pants.

I don't remember the last time I wore long pants unless it was too cold to wear shorts.

I agree, but the OP said sometimes he HAS to wear pants.

I don't remember the last time I wore long pants unless it was too cold to wear shorts.

I have never played at a course that mandated slacks. So I have littler experience. I have wore slacks in spring and fall. But never in the summer.

I think Haggar also has a "cool" line that can be found at Kohl's for quite cheap.

I agree with you on here. I just got a pair of the climacool pants. Really light and breathable pants. True to size and pretty cheap prices.

Love the Climacool stuff too. Got a pair last year and could wear them on even the warmest days here without problems, as a matter of fact I did.

I have a few pairs of Haggar Cool 18 shorts too (not pants) and I really like them in the heat. The material is a little heavier than the Climacool but the moisture wicking is great.

Bump.

I'm looking for some very thin/breathable options with SPF protection as alternatives to shorts and sunscreen this summer.

Best Hot weather pants help

Bump.

I'm looking for some very thin/breathable options with SPF protection as alternatives to shorts and sunscreen this summer.

I have Travis Mathew and adidas. One of my colleagues has some puma w mesh-like material behind the knee.
I would suggest seeing what the weights of matl are and see what is the lightest. Then get a couple of pairs of those.

Last edited:
Bump.

Big fan of the PUMA tech pants with UV protection. For the larger logo brands, they are the best construction for 2016 I have come across.

I don't know what part of Texas your in but if you have a PGA Superstore close by they have racks full in their discounted section with some being 70% off. I personally like Nike or Unde Armour pants for the super hot days.

I always wear pants for UV and bug purposes. My favorites are Adidas and Dunning.

I use the Haggar Cool 18 and love them. Have two pair of the shorts as well. Can get these on sale at Pennys for $35.

How about for the huskier kinda guy....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorts are the best hot weather pants. They let lots of cool air in.

Back