Confession - Dirty Clubs

It has been said by some, but I clean my clubs all the time. In between shots I use a towel and wash them during the season probably every week or two. I like my irons to look clean

I clean mine maybe once or twice a year. I used to clean them more often, but then I had a kid, thus resulting in less time for everything from important stuff like playing golf to trivial stuff like cleaning clubs.
Speaking of clubs, I hope mine are all rusted up... The last time I played was October the 5th, in the pouring rain. I was so mad about the results of the round that I drove the 3.5 hours home from the course, tossed my bag in the storage room and haven't looked at them since.
Oh well, I'm got an itch for some new irons anyway!

I am a lot OCD about cleaning my clubs. I wipe then down after every shot and clean them after every round. It doesn't help my scores but they sure do look nice. :act-up:

i briefly wipe my irons down after every shot, but not too intense there.

i may actually "clean" my clubs, twice or 3 times a year, depending. shine them up before a tourney or two, and then give them one last clean before i pack them away for the winter months.
other than that though, i'm not really that worried about it and i believe some people take it a little too far.....

I'm about here. I'd rather clean my grooves than worry about being perfectly clean. Many rounds I play I don't end up with too much gunk on the clubs if I do a quick wipe between greens and tees.

Clean the face of my irons/wedges before every shot with a brush but that's it. They go from my trunk to the course and back in the trunk again.

Come to think of it...there is on club I do keep always clean, and thats obviously my putter. Can't stand any dirt on it. Even if the impact with the putter and the earth is rare and subtle, the dirt sometimes seems to find its way on to my putter too.

Come to think of it...there is on club I do keep always clean, and thats obviously my putter. Can't stand any dirt on it. Even if the impact with the putter and the earth is rare and subtle, the dirt sometimes seems to find its way on to my putter too.
Its because you're a smart man CH! See my earlier statement:

Sure are, they're bad ass work horses. :alien:

I've always viewed it as the wedges/irons are the peasants/serfs that do all the grunt work and they show it. The woods/hybrids are the male side of the royal family and thusly are always covered in the finest of dress and have the upmost of hygiene. The putter is the Queen, she runs the roost, don't eff with the queen.

Hehe

Its because you're a smart man CH! See my earlier statement:

Missed that one, sorry, but so true...my putter is the Queen, and I always wipe her face. :bashful:

I think I clean mine once a year, the day before our city championship. Other than that I use a tee, some spit and a towel.

I may clean them for the THP Texas Invitational. That will be a special occasion.

Clean the grooves in my irons, particularly my wedges, after every shot before putting back in my bag.

Clean my whole set once a month. Grips, shaft, heads, grooves. Makes me feel better to have them cleam and that, in turn, helps me play better.

I wash mine before tournaments and try to wipe them down after almost every shot if it is muddy. I have yet to clean my grips though (had them on about a year now)

I like to clean them after every 2-3 rounds or after a particularly soggy round. I have a friend who probably cleans his clubs 1 a season which gives me the shivers everytime I see his bag, must be because of my OCD...

I clean my clubs as needed during a round and a thorough cleaning a couple times a yr and especially after soggy rounds. I keep head covers on the irons when there in my trunk, but I never put them back on during a round unless I'm carrying.

I only clean them when they are really dirty. I clean the grooves as I go, but the overall club is usually dirty. I should take better care of them, but I still shoot good even with all the dirt. Until I can get someone else to clean them they will stay nice and dirty.

I wipe my clubs down after/during a particularly muddy day, but if the grooves and face are clean, I don't have a reason to get terribly OCD.

I've never cleaned my clubs any more than wiping them down before putting back in my bag if they were covered in grass or dirt. I just got my first new set in about 10 years so I'll probably take a little more care of these ones.

I like to clean my clubs with soupy water and then towel dry after every round.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Not me. I always clean my clubs after every round or range session. I just cant stand to leave me clubs looking dirty between uses.

I do tend to clean my clubs after a round with a soapy water and a club cleaning brush and then towel them dry. They then get left to air for a while to make sure they are completely dry before putting head covers on all of the clubs

Mainly due to the fact that I haven't played much so if I didn't clean them after a round any dirt on them would most likely be well and truly welded to the face and make my game even worse than it already is..... :alien:

I find that surprising seeing that you are such a clean freak with your car. I clean mine with a brush after shots and wipe them off with a towel but am not really good about keeping them clean at all. If I have a big tournament, I'll usually bring the bag in and give them a good bath.
Same here, every few rounds I give 'em all a good scrub!

I have to clean mine religiously. It's weird

I'm the same way.....when I get bored I get my clubs out and clean them. Sometimes grab the putters and wipe them down. I have a problem though, I dust the house to relax. Lol

Haha yup me too. Wife thinks I'm nuts. - only with the golf clubs though haha

I hardly ever clean mine other than the grooves. It's half the reason I wanted to go back to Ping irons, don't have to worry as much about them looking beat up haha.

Back