Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

Solid stuff Hawk. I cannot wait to hit this baby. I'm hoping to bag an 11.5* for my B. Asha this year.

Thanks, Damaikis. I think that's the combo I'd like to try next.

i wonder what if any shaft upgrade callaway will offer for this as well. i'd love to find a shaft thats perfect for my swing even if i think the black tie could very well be it. i love a heavier shaft and 70 grams is right in my wheelhouse on where i'm happy with a shaft weight. I could def see a B Asha down the road for a trial as well. never thought i would find a driver that would knock my Super Tri out of the bag but this one def has my attention after the invitational at true blue and getting a few swings with it the face is HOT!

I really liked your review Hawk. The 440cc head is what really stuck out to me. I like the small size, visually more appealling and just gives me a more confident strike. The shaft is an intriguing item also. Def would like to swing this club some time and play around with moving the weights.

Solid stuff Hawk. I cannot wait to hit this baby. I'm hoping to bag an 11.5* for my B. Asha this year.

That sounds like a great combo Charlie #HitBullets

I really liked your review Hawk. The 440cc head is what really stuck out to me. I like the small size, visually more appealling and just gives me a more confident strike. The shaft is an intriguing item also. Def would like to swing this club some time and play around with moving the weights.

Thanks, afw! Visually, the head looks just great at address.

The better I hit my regular Fit 11.5 like I did today, the more I CRAVE to hit the Xtreme 11.5. Ugh.

The better I hit my regular Fit 11.5 like I did today, the more I CRAVE to hit the Xtreme 11.5. Ugh.

lol - you are hopeless. It will be roaming the fairways of Oklahoma soon enough I suspect.

lol - you are hopeless. It will be roaming the fairways of Oklahoma soon enough I suspect.

Probably. I'm going to try and hold out, but we all know how crap like that goes with me.

So smart to CHANGE whats working eh? Sheesh.

i wonder what if any shaft upgrade callaway will offer for this as well. i'd love to find a shaft thats perfect for my swing even if i think the black tie could very well be it. i love a heavier shaft and 70 grams is right in my wheelhouse on where i'm happy with a shaft weight. I could def see a B Asha down the road for a trial as well. never thought i would find a driver that would knock my Super Tri out of the bag but this one def has my attention after the invitational at true blue and getting a few swings with it the face is HOT!

It sounds like the white tie might be the shaft for you.

You know you will have this in the bag in March.
Probably. I'm going to try and hold out, but we all know how crap like that goes with me.

So smart to CHANGE whats working eh? Sheesh.

I need to quit reading about this driver...I'm trying to spend less on equipment this year but after completely falling in love with the Fit last year and reading more about the new Xtreme I just don't know if I can resist.

I can't wait to give this thing a few swings. I'll be taking my Razr Fit shafts with me and hopefully I'll see some good numbers...I'll admit though, it will have to be significantly better than the Razr Fit to squeeze $400 out of my wallet.

I think the prize for that is an X Hot driver.

Damn you for pointing out my skimming. :alien:

That works too, I do want to hit that one as well....

Damn you for pointing out my skimming. :alien:

That works too, I do want to hit that one as well....

With a bunch of their tour staff using it, it must have a dang hot face!

I really can't wait to compare this driver to the X hot driver. I was one of the few who preferred the Razr X Black to the Fit this past year, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out I prefer the X Hot.

It's unnerving how much more I want to hit this each time I read this thread. Really great review Hawk.

These are up on the Callaway online store now, and you can see all the shafts available (with upcharges if applicable). The Black Tie is no upcharge, and there are quite a few others that are not as well.

These are up on the Callaway online store now, and you can see all the shafts available (with upcharges if applicable). The Black Tie is no upcharge, and there are quite a few others that are not as well.

Yeah the Black Tie and Trinity are the stock offereings!

Man i've been seeing more and more pics of this and i really hope it ends up in my bag in July...... I know i'm gonna give the X HOT a shot as well but i just LOVE the looks of this and the face was so hot when i got a chance to hit it in Myrtle. really interested to see which ones better for me. But with the Black Tie i think thats gonna be a great fit.

Man i've been seeing more and more pics of this and i really hope it ends up in my bag in July...... I know i'm gonna give the X HOT a shot as well but i just LOVE the looks of this and the face was so hot when i got a chance to hit it in Myrtle. really interested to see which ones better for me. But with the Black Tie i think thats gonna be a great fit.
Really looking forward to seeing what you like and what ends up in your bag. Very curious.

Just saw Callaway post this to their Facebook page. With the staff they have assembled this year, they are going to need a bunch of these patches. Pretty cool idea though. Like a pride sticker for your helmet.

INTRODUCING X Bomb patches. For each drive over 325 yds hit by a Callaway Staff Pro during tournament play with either X Hot or RAZR Fit Xtreme, they'll get one of these patches to put on their bag.

Let the games begin.

59955_10152415141270640_1448588210_n.jpg

Back