The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never try and troubleshoot. Not worth the effort.

I buy 50 strands of 100 count lights every year at the lowes Black Friday sale. If the old strand doesn't work it goes in the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will likely be the route I take.

Just do this. This is all I do, every year.

xmaslights2008.jpg

I don't think my 4 year old would like that very much, and he'd probably yell at me to do it right. :angry: :bicker: Plus I kind of want to win the community competition for Christmas lights.

Postal workers (at least the ones at my local branch) just proved to be some of the laziest people on the planet. I was to receive a package weighing 45 pounds that was not delivered today, and the reason on the card was it was "too heavy ". They want me to drive out and pick it up at the post office. Seriously? My kids each weigh more than that. Man the **** up and do your job. Sometimes that may in fact require you to get out of your truck.

And having worked at USPS headquarters for a time, I know for fact that laziness isn't just limited to the delivery crew. It's little wonder that organization is swimming in debt like it is.

I was going to drive over to get the package, when this popped up on my phone:

"Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 6:38 pm on November 16, 2015 in LAMBERTVILLE, MI 48144. It is being returned if appropriate information is available."

I'm speechless. I'm holding the card they left in my mailbox yesterday, so clearly they had the correct address. I opened up a case with Amazon on this, and they offered to send out a new unit. I said as long as it's not USPS I am fine with that. Just ridiculous.

The Official Rant of the Day

705b817ab3d54aafdd18755c0eb7de30.jpg

This was the box they deemed "too large" to deliver. Wow. There are lots of seniors in my neighborhood, for whom carrying 50 pounds might be a real issue. what are they supposed to do within the USPS refuses to deliver this package?

I has to talk to the branch manager about this, but (conveniently?) she was out to lunch at that time.

705b817ab3d54aafdd18755c0eb7de30.jpg

This was the box they deemed "too large" to deliver. Wow. There are lots of seniors in my neighborhood, for whom carrying 50 pounds might be a real issue. what are they supposed to do within the USPS refuses to deliver this package?

I has to talk to the branch manager about this, but (conveniently?) she was out to lunch at that time.

It does look pretty heavy and awkward to carry. :rolleyes:

This is not directed at anyone here but why do some people feel the need to belittle a person because they themselves can't not comprehend what they're going through? Some people are just ignorant and simple minded.

Exhausted doesn't even begin to describe my state of being. Up from 10p-4a with screaming child. Off to work at 6a

God, I'm so happy those days are behind me. Sorry for you - this just sucks. Hang in there.

So I am standing in the kitchen and just fell on my face. Why? Because in the midst of cheating on my diet and eating a cinnamon roll, I turned quickly and my pocket got caught on the drawer knob and grabbed me and I fell. I said to GG that I might be the dumbest man alive.

So I am standing in the kitchen and just fell on my face. Why? Because in the midst of cheating on my diet and eating a cinnamon roll, I turned quickly and my pocket got caught on the drawer knob and grabbed me and I fell. I said to GG that I might be the dumbest man alive.

I needed a good laugh today.

That cracked me up!
Oh, I have caught my pocket on a doorknob, ripped the pocket half way down my thigh. I think I would have rather fallen.

What happened to the cinnamon roll?

That cracked me up!
Oh, I have caught my pocket on a doorknob, ripped the pocket half way down my thigh. I think I would have rather fallen.

Sadly I have too, in a far more embarassing situation.

Get home from the office and jump right on the laptop to work on something that needed to be sent out tonight only to run into network login issues. The laptop has fallen off the work network for the 2nd time in a month. I want to curse IT, but I am It, just not that kind of IT.

Figured out a workaround, but damn stressful having to get a high priority project wrapped up and running into issues.

That cracked me up!

Ditto. Ripped pockets, belt loops, sleeves... I am not graceful.

My minor rant - traders remorse. Have been looking at irons recently just to kill some time since the season is done for me, and realized I was probably too hasty in trading away a set a few months back. Oh well. Live and learn.

Sorry but I chuckled out loud as I picture you falling

Every time I open Facebook I either see "if France citizens were armed the terrorist attacks would have never happened" or "all right Leaning people are just scared of Muslims and are full of hate." I get so sick of the two that I want to just leave Facebook and the Internet for good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every time I open Facebook I either see "if France citizens were armed the terrorist attacks would have never happened" or "all right Leaning people are just scared of Muslims and are full of hate." I get so sick of the two that I want to just leave Facebook and the Internet for good.

I've contemplated this move several times.

Some people get offended over the dumbest things now a days. Some people are real weak!!!!!!!!!

This is the exact reason I don't have a Facebook account. The amount of dumb uninformed people on there are staggering. Plus I don't need My blood pressure any higher. Lol

This is the exact reason I don't have a Facebook account. The amount of dumb uninformed people on there are staggering. Plus I don't need My blood pressure any higher. Lol
I'm with you. Don't have an account. Would I like to have one to catch up with old friends, sure but it's not worth the hassle and annoyance.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

all I see are my kids, my friends and funny cat videos. The only reminder I see of France is the French temporary flags over faces.

all I see are my kids, my friends and funny cat videos. The only reminder I see of France is the French temporary flags over faces.

Gotta keep a tight handle on the friends list, exact reason why I do. I could care less about some random dude I went to high school with and his political views.

Power is out all over around here. I don't think it will be back anytime soon. This sucks.

Gotta keep a tight handle on the friends list, exact reason why I do. I could care less about some random dude I went to high school with and his political views.

all that BS can get draining for sure.

Power is out all over around here. I don't think it will be back anytime soon. This sucks.

Early bedtime! Booya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back