The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had a gift card and I bought tiger woods 12 for my iPhone 5, I haven't been able to put my phone down for 3 days hence the reduced thping for me haha

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

So I had a gift card and I bought tiger woods 12 for my iPhone 5, I haven't been able to put my phone down for 3 days hence the reduced thping for me haha

That app is seriously addictive. I've had it on my iPad for quite a while.

That app is seriously addictive. I've had it on my iPad for quite a while.

I didn't think t would be that good haha I love it

OK first time posting in this thread. I have the OLD 4s.

I got seriously owned this morning from my 4 year old son.. I got an email from Itunes about a $112.00 app purchase. I WAS SHOCKED to say the least.

Turns out my 4 year old son was playing a racing game on it. And he somehow upgraded it to include all the cars available for it. And they charged me for it.

Lets just say I wasn't happy with him. This ruined my day.

Now is there any chance I can get a refund for this? Am I SOL? If there is a chance how do I go about it and who do I contact.

I still can't beleive they charge $112 for an racing game app. For crying out loud.

I got seriously owned this morning from my 4 year old son.. I got an email from Itunes about a $112.00 app purchase. I WAS SHOCKED to say the least.

Turns out my 4 year old son was playing a racing game on it. And he somehow upgraded it to include all the cars available for it. And they charged me for it.

Now is there any chance I can get a refund for this? Am I SOL? If there is a chance how do I go about it and who do I contact.

I still can't beleive they charge $112 for an racing game app. For crying out loud.

Surely you can get ahold of the devs of the app through email or something and get them to help you out.

OK. Don't panic...yet. Apple changed the behavior of the App Store a while back. What happens now is that you no longer need to supply a password to update apps. Another change was that you have a 15 minute window to make additional purchases if you have already supplied your password, and I suspect your son has made use of this facility.

Contact Apple for a refund. They have been fairly reasonable in the past, and will likely come up with a refund. They will probably tell you that it's a one time deal.

For future reference, you might want to go to Settings/General/Restrictions and change the default behavior of Require Password to Immediately.

As far as contacting Apple is concerned, you should get the contact information by going to this web address and signing in with your AppleID. Good luck.

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

OK. Just found this post from another forum. It gives more details, and I know the guy who wrote it. He works for an Apple reseller, so he knows his stuff.

Actually if you have an application you purchased and the following applys:
1). Application is corrupt.
2) Application does not perform as per description on iTunes
3) Application does not suit your geographic area ie Australia eg USA maps and no mention of this was in iTunes description
4) You purchased the application in error by selecting buy and no request came up for password as you had bought an app just moments before.
Include your user name, your full details, the application name, the order number with date and the reason for requesting a credit
You will receive a response with in 48 hours then receive credit with in 5 days if it is a credit card purchase if you used an iTunes card I believe they issue credit to you account.
To locate your order number on your computer log in to your iTunes account, Account, recent purchases then look for the Application that you require a credit for. The order number and date is next to the Application name.
This links below will assist in contacting apple read this one first.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1725?viewlocale=en_US

iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com. This is the link to report your problem

Last edited:
OK. Don't panic...yet. Apple changed the behavior of the App Store a while back. What happens now is that you no longer need to supply a password to update apps. Another change was that you have a 15 minute window to make additional purchases if you have already supplied your password, and I suspect your son has made use of this facility.

Contact Apple for a refund. They have been fairly reasonable in the past, and will likely come up with a refund. They will probably tell you that it's a one time deal.

For future reference, you might want to go to Settings/General/Restrictions and change the default behavior of Require Password to Immediately.

As far as contacting Apple is concerned, you should get the contact information by going to this web address and signing in with your AppleID. Good luck.

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

OK. Just found this post from another forum. It gives more details, and I know the guy who wrote it. He works for an Apple reseller, so he knows his stuff.

Actually if you have an application you purchased and the following applys:
1). Application is corrupt.
2) Application does not perform as per description on iTunes
3) Application does not suit your geographic area ie Australia eg USA maps and no mention of this was in iTunes description
4) You purchased the application in error by selecting buy and no request came up for password as you had bought an app just moments before.
Include your user name, your full details, the application name, the order number with date and the reason for requesting a credit
You will receive a response with in 48 hours then receive credit with in 5 days if it is a credit card purchase if you used an iTunes card I believe they issue credit to you account.
To locate your order number on your computer log in to your iTunes account, Account, recent purchases then look for the Application that you require a credit for. The order number and date is next to the Application name.
This links below will assist in contacting apple read this one first.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1725?viewlocale=en_US

iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com. This is the link to report your problem
Thanks.

Yea I just spent the last minutes looking at the settings and that was the case.

Was this the OEM setting for the new OS5 software? Looks like I might have a case.

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks.

Yea I just spent the last minutes looking at the settings and that was the case.

Was this the OEM setting for the new OS5 software? Looks like I might have a case.

Thanks for the responses.

I can't remember whether this behavior was introduced with iOS 5 or iOS 6. All I know is it worried me at the outset, because originally it was supposed to apply to installation of free apps too, and I could see my son filling up his iPod (and my phone) within minutes.

This is the default behavior of iOS. Restrictions is your friend if you have kids who like playing with phones and iPads. Some of those games can run into hundreds of dollars with in-app purchases. It wasn't Asphalt 7 by any chance? That app has single purchases that are $100 a throw. Scary!

Sorry I meant OS6 upgrade.

Either way you showed my the path. I thank you.

I'll keep you posted on my cliam.

It was CSR Racing. He bought the Vault of cars. He's pimping everything you can imagine. As a huge car guy that I am with my own toys I would say fine. But for $112 on an app upgrade. Dang.

So apple tells me "we have no more reservations for the night" so they can't held me...how ****ing lame. Yet standing in the store me and my girlfriend were asked by 3 people if we needed help. What the hell

So apple tells me "we have no more reservations for the night" so they can't held me...how ****ing lame. Yet standing in the store me and my girlfriend were asked by 3 people if we needed help. What the hell

That's just dumb

Uggh. Been there buddy. That is awful.

Were those 3 people male?

Were those 3 people male?

One was not.

I'm upset but atleast my phone still works so I'll stick with it for as long as I can stand the screen. Just first real problem with apple to be honest

They certainly have some weird ways of doing things. I assume this is the Genius bar to sort out your broken screen. Believe it or not, they like you to set up an appointment ahead of time. The floor staff can actually help without an appointment. On the plus side, the Genius Bar people have quite an unusual degree of discretionary power for a retail outlet. I've heard of people having iPads and iPhones replaced free of charge after having dropped them, although I have to say, not recently.

There is a useful tip whenever you are heading to an Apple Store with a dodgy device. Do a backup before you go, so that if they replace it on the spot, you can set up your new device from the backup of the old one. Saves a lot of work. Also, back up to your local computer, not the iCloud. More stuff gets backed up that way.

They certainly have some weird ways of doing things. I assume this is the Genius bar to sort out your broken screen. Believe it or not, they like you to set up an appointment ahead of time. The floor staff can actually help without an appointment. On the plus side, the Genius Bar people have quite an unusual degree of discretionary power for a retail outlet. I've heard of people having iPads and iPhones replaced free of charge after having dropped them, although I have to say, not recently.

There is a useful tip whenever you are heading to an Apple Store with a dodgy device. Do a backup before you go, so that if they replace it on the spot, you can set up your new device from the backup of the old one. Saves a lot of work. Also, back up to your local computer, not the iCloud. More stuff gets backed up that way.

I figured on a wednesday night in Delaware you wouldn't need an appointment, and whats more ironic is they just finished remodling it and yet this happened, just I won't be making another trip up there for awhile so looks like I'll be dealing with this crack for alittle bit longer.

I love the new charger for my iPhone 5 but I hate that none of my accessories work lol, and the adapter costs just as much as a new accessory, stupid apple

I figured on a wednesday night in Delaware you wouldn't need an appointment, and whats more ironic is they just finished remodling it and yet this happened, just I won't be making another trip up there for awhile so looks like I'll be dealing with this crack for alittle bit longer.

Yeah that stinks. Remember, you can always make appointments ahead of time so you don't get there and have to go back. I always do since the closest Apple store is 40+ mins away.

What a joke. So much for customer service.

Tapatalking on my iPad 2

The 2 apple stores by me will not take walk-ins. I found that out the hard way. Both an hour away from me

I love the new charger for my iPhone 5 but I hate that none of my accessories work lol, and the adapter costs just as much as a new accessory, stupid apple

You're not alone. The new lightning connector has had more than a few eyebrows raised, particularly since it contains a chip which means no cheap and nasty knock-offs. I'm in the fortunate position of having only older style connectors, but sympathize with those who have sound docks and the like, which in some cases will require an adapter, but in others will be rendered useless.

That said, the 30-pin was nearly 10 years old, and was getting a bit long in the tooth. It was great for iPods, but IMO is too flimsy for the bigger devices such as iPads. The lightning connector feels a lot more secure, and has the almost unique ability to be inserted either way. There is no upside down for this cable. Apple continue to innovate, and some of the things they are doing are pushing their friendship with their loyal customers to the limit, but that's life in the computer world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back